Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2013, 05:11 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,895,451 times

Advertisements

Well up here north west winds are very common in winter and when we get north west airmases it is far colder here than england.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:12 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,607,512 times
Far colder? Really? If that is the case, then why do the averages show that NI is not 'far colder' than England? Either the NW winds that occur are not that cold, or there is A LOT of mild weather to make up for all that cold weather.

We're talking about snow, anyway, not temperatures.

Anyway, time for bed as the big boys have work in the morning.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:18 PM

Lol...
You are just being fickle now because you know full well that north west airmasses deliver for Northern Ireland...
Don't even think about twisting what I said.
Attached Thumbnails
Un Happy Thread-image.jpg  

Old 07-24-2013, 05:19 PM

Exhibit 2
Attached Thumbnails
Un Happy Thread-image.jpg  

Old 07-25-2013, 12:15 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,607,512 times
Wow, well done at being incredibly selective. Sheffield's weather station is located at the heart of the city so has a significant urban heat island. Pretty impressive for one of the UK's largest cities I think.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:32 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,391,559 times
Owen could you please just shout the up, England is clearly much snowier than Northern Ireland and is more exposed to cold air masses while Northern Ireland is more exposed to Maritime air masses. Time and time again you try and prove that Northern Ireland is some kind of paradise for cold lovers when its clearly not.

The polar maritime air mass is nowhere near as cold as the polar continental air mass which suggests when Northern Ireland does get winds coming from the NW it doesn't get nowhere near as cold as England or Great Britain as a whole when we have winds coming from the North, Northeast or east. As I've said before the further west you are the more moderated you are this is true for the whole of Europe.

Belfast averages 7.9c in its coldest month which is comparable with some places in Southeast England while in Belfasts warmest in averages a pathetic 19.7c.

Weather and climate change - Met Office

Stockton-on-tees in Northeast England for comparison averages 6.8c in its coldest month. While in its warmest month the town averages 20.4c What does that show?? It shows that England or especially Eastern England is much more variable (colder in winter/warmer in summer) than NI is

So for once owen please just Shhh!

Old 07-25-2013, 04:40 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,271,699 times
NI is paradise for people who cant handle any real heat or cold lol
i live in eastern England and it snows every winter here, with some days having below 0c highs

Old 07-25-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Owen could you please just shout the up, England is clearly much snowier than Northern Ireland and is more exposed to cold air masses while Northern Ireland is more exposed to Maritime air masses. Time and time again you try and prove that Northern Ireland is some kind of paradise for cold lovers when its clearly not.

The polar maritime air mass is nowhere near as cold as the polar continental air mass which suggests when Northern Ireland does get winds coming from the NW it doesn't get nowhere near as cold as England or Great Britain as a whole when we have winds coming from the North, Northeast or east. As I've said before the further west you are the more moderated you are this is true for the whole of Europe.

Belfast averages 7.9c in its coldest month which is comparable with some places in Southeast England while in Belfasts warmest in averages a pathetic 19.7c.

Weather and climate change - Met Office

Stockton-on-tees in Northeast England for comparison averages 6.8c in its coldest month. While in its warmest month the town averages 20.4c What does that show?? It shows that England or especially Eastern England is much more variable (colder in winter/warmer in summer) than NI is

So for once owen please just Shhh!

My average winter high is 6c so maybe you should shut up!!

Old 07-25-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
NI is paradise for people who cant handle any real heat or cold lol
i live in eastern England and it snows every winter here, with some days having below 0c highs
Such a pity that my record low max and low is lower than yours eh.

Must also remember that I have hit 30 this year and you have not.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:08 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,271,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Such a pity that my record low max and low is lower than yours eh.

Must also remember that I have hit 30 this year and you have not.
haha first of all you didnt hit 30, somewhere else in NI did, not your town... in that case I hit 33c in London this year so yeah you loose. and my avh july and august high are warmer than yours by few dgrees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather