Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 11:02 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,897,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
You're just now getting a clue? ROFL.

In the early 90's, I actually lived in O-town, and I had to endure two of its legendary summers. Talk about hot and hotter - it's hot in the day, it's hot at night, it's hot when it rains - when is it not hot? Not anytime during the summer, that's for sure!

The saving grace of that town was the thunderstorms - those babies rocked. I used to stand on the front porch and watch "the show," as I called it - it was better than the fireworks they had at Disney World. But oh man, it was hot - that broiling sun ALL day long and those steamy hot nights...whew.

Oh, don't count on using the pool to cool off, as the water gets hot too. It might feel good at 10 at night (if it's even open that late, usually they make you get out by then,) but on a typical afternoon, it's best to just curl up in front of the AC and read a good book. I even quit going to the pool around here as it'd be too hot to swim in at the height of summer. That's why I like going to places like Lake Superior for vacation...lol.
Ugh I bet its not as hot as you say. In Palm beach it was perfect.
And we were in the pool and it was flipping freezing.

I think its 32c there today. Infact it reached 35c the other day, which is good as thats what i'm going for!

Old 04-30-2014, 11:10 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,524,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Ugh I bet its not as hot as you say. In Palm beach it was perfect.
And we were in the pool and it was flipping freezing.

I think its 32c there today. Infact it reached 35c the other day, which is good as thats what i'm going for!
The diff between Palm Beach and O-town is the seabreeze - that's why moving from Orlando to Ft Lauderdale was such a relief for me. Despite the high lows the SE coast of Florida gets, it's capped by the afternoon seabreeze, which is why you rarely see sustained temps above 90 F, 33 C. Orlando is too far inland to get those seabreezes, so it gets hotter. Another factor that people don't take into consideration is all the pavement at the theme parks, which drives the temps up even further. And there's the humidity factor, too. And for 5 weeks...whew. Let's say I don't envy ya...lol.

Too bad you're not seeing the "real" America, like the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone. Or the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina which goes as high as 6000 feet, providing wonderful "windows down" driving weather even in July. Florida, you can keep it...lol.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:17 AM

we will see

Old 04-30-2014, 11:19 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,524,273 times
Quote:
we will see
I have a feeling you're gonna be very, very happy to see those green hills of N Ireland when you return home...lol.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:21 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,551,628 times
Quote:
I have a feeling you're gonna be very, very happy to see those green hills of N Ireland when you return home...lol.
If he's sitting in the pool or air conditioning maybe not. Even in baking heat, he might not get tired of it since it's just a vacation.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:22 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,551,628 times
Quote:
Ugh for goodness sake.

You know that we reach about 2c every summer!
Decoded synop reports
Decoded synop reports
Ok, that's colder than I thought. It's good actually link to real observations. However, those aren't frosts. I thought you said typicall your last frost date was mid May?

Old 04-30-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I don't think i'll ever want to leave Florida for this ****hole.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Ok, that's colder than I thought. It's good actually link to real observations. However, those aren't frosts. I thought you said typicall your last frost date was mid May?
It is.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:57 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,835,122 times
Quote:
Its Monday thats the bank holiday and I am surprised you have bank holidays there.
Yes we have somewhat the same bank holidays as you have. Ascension, Feast of the Ascension, Pentecost and All Saints' Day are all holidays here, as we didn't break up from Catholicism the same way as you did. Add Midsummer and Independence Day, and there's our bank holidays.

Of course as I'm not a Christian, I celebrate only May Day, Midsummer and Independence Day. Wouldn't celebrate Christmas either, but my mother insist that I do.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:37 PM

2,714 posts, read 3,047,585 times
That's craptastic, tomorrow and Friday off work but can't really enjoy the nice weather, due to a strain in my right foot. So i'm bound to stay at home.

Why does such things always happen on holidays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather