Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 08:56 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,579,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Just checked sunrise in Florida will be a ridiculous 6:30!! I remember when we were leaving to goto Canada and we got up at 5:30 and it was pitch dark like winter.
Florida is a bit on the west side of its time zone, so together with a low latitude sunrise is late for summer. Northern California has a sunrise of 6 AM and sunset at 9 PM in June. About perfect IMO.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:59 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,397,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen View Post
Can you afford your place without a flatmate? If not, look for a smaller and/or cheaper place. I'd rather live at home until I can afford to rent a decent place, well I could afford to move out now, but rather secure a decent job first - in today's job market, finding something that doesn't require 5 years experience for an entry level position is a miracle in itself ****ed up world

I'm not thin at all, I am a bit of a big guy, I'd rather be thinner but wouldn't want to be below 80kg. When people see me, they get the **** out of the way, both when I'm at work (I work in retail stacking shelves so am using the pallet jack alot in the aisles) and in public. I want to be thinner, but still imposing.
If I searched hard enough I'm sure I can get a studio flat but I rather wait til I'm 18 then I can "bid" for a council flat that seems to be the natural process if you have low income and cant afford to go private. But in the meantime I can cope. My plan is eventually to be in a high paying job and then rent privately in a upscale apartment or even buy a house (but that's not in the short term)

Also if you want to loose weight but still want to be imposing why not just do light cardio and lift some weights in your leisure time?

Old 04-14-2014, 09:02 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,905,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Florida is a bit on the west side of its time zone, so together with a low latitude sunrise is late for summer. Northern California has a sunrise of 6 AM and sunset at 9 PM in June. About perfect IMO.
I hate the early sunrises.

Its bright here at like 3..

Old 04-14-2014, 09:05 AM

13,496 posts, read 9,048,532 times
Quote:
I heard that people are bad with kitchens in Uni. I don't want to rent a house with someone else. I think i'll live on campus but on my own place.
The first year you will be in student halls anyway, so will have no choice but to share a kitchen... It is part of the fun of Uni & it's how you get to know each other & make friends...

When you need to find somewhere to live in the second year you will have to have a house share, there is no way you will be able to afford to rent a house (or even a flat) on your own, while at Uni! Unless Mummy & Daddy are going to fork out for it, which I sincerely hope they wouldn't. It is all part of the Uni experience & if you live alone you will be extremely isolated!

Old 04-14-2014, 09:08 AM

242 posts, read 263,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
If I searched hard enough I'm sure I can get a studio flat but I rather wait til I'm 18 then I can "bid" for a council flat that seems to be the natural process if you have low income and cant afford to go private. But in the meantime I can cope. My plan is eventually to be in a high paying job and then rent privately in a upscale apartment or even buy a house (but that's not in the short term)

Also if you want to loose weight but still want to be imposing why not just do light cardio and lift some weights in your leisure time?
You're not even 18??? I thought you were in your mid 20's or something! Sure as hell a lot more mature than that child from Northern Ireland.

My job is pretty physical and I go for regular walks, that keeps my weight in check, but I think I'm going to start doing situps and going for light jogs everyday. I've got a massive fetish for beer and meat, I think I need to be more active to burn them calories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
The first year you will be in student halls anyway, so will have no choice but to share a kitchen... It is part of the fun of Uni & it's how you get to know each other & make friends...

When you need to find somewhere to live in the second year you will have to have a house share, there is no way you will be able to afford to rent a house (or even a flat) on your own, while at Uni! Unless Mummy & Daddy are going to fork out for it, which I sincerely hope they wouldn't. It is all part of the Uni experience & if you live alone you will be extremely isolated!
I;m sure Owenc's daddy will be more than able to afford a rental for his little boy, after all he does own his own plane, and a Porsche which his spoilt little boy to too ashamed to be driven to school in.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:11 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,384,406 times
I can't stand waking up late either. I usually wake up around 7-8 AM for work (I go into work at 9:30 AM) I'll wake up earlier if I work out before work, but usually I wait until after work to workout. On my off days, I try not to wake up past 10 AM, I don't like wasting most of my day. Plus, there's nothing better than waking up on your day off and having so much off your day left to do whatever you want

Old 04-14-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post

Well obviously i'm not gonna get my own house but I can get my own room in the university its a new thing they do.

I don't want to isolate myself but don't want to be in a place full of drunks.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:20 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,397,298 times
Quote:
You're not even 18??? I thought you were in your mid 20's or something! Sure as hell a lot more mature than that child from Northern Ireland.
Pfft were not all as immature.

Btw in my mid 20s hopefully I'll have my own place!
Quote:
My job is pretty physical and I go for regular walks, that keeps my weight in check, but I think I'm going to start doing situps and going for light jogs everyday. I've got a massive fetish for beer and meat, I think I need to be more active to burn them calories!
You do that I think I'm a little chubby, too but people.say I'm skinny I'm hardly "skinny" lol.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,579,435 times
Quote:
I hate the early sunrises.

Its bright here at like 3..
Weirdest was taking a ferry ride from eastern Maine to Nova Scotia. Latitude was like half a degree lower, but changed time zones. Sun rise went a little before 5 AM to a little before 6 AM, sunset from 8:15 to about 9 PM. Yarmouth, Nova Scotia has cooler summers than many places in southern England (at least by daytime temps) much further north:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarmout...Scotia#Climate

The island and cool seas erase a lot of the continetality / warm summers.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Weirdest was taking a ferry ride from eastern Maine to Nova Scotia. Latitude was like half a degree lower, but changed time zones. Sun rise went a little before 5 AM to a little before 6 AM, sunset from 8:15 to about 9 PM. Yarmouth, Nova Scotia has cooler summers than many places in southern England (at least by daytime temps) much further north:

Yarmouth, Nova Scotia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The island and cool seas erase a lot of the continetality / warm summers.
That would be fun. Everyone here is on the same timezone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.