Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 06:13 AM

5,045 posts, read 4,383,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
5amCST map.

That big orange circle is the Upper Low which will be moving into the Northeast.

Note the snow falling in Northern Louisiana.
Didn’t see any frozen precip here or hear of any reports in Alexandria, though there was a bit of light snow nearby.

My sister in Monroe in north LA said snow there is sticking to roofs and grass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 06:22 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,306,552 times
Winter Weather Advisory for the Indy metro from 1AM tonight until 7PM tomorrow night. Snow moves in after midnight. Then it is expected to mix with sleet and freezing rain in the morning. Finally a rain snow mix for early afternoon before changing over to all rain. Then back to freezing rain and snow for the evening before it finally moves out. Not going to be a fun drive to work tomorrow morning or back home tomorrow evening. Amounts given right now don't seem like enough for a winter weather advisory. 1-2 inches of snow and less than a tenth of an inch of ice. But they often do this for the first real snow of the season, especially when it effects rush hour in Indy. Plus the NWS says they still have low confidence in precip types and amounts through the storm. The worst definitely seems to be going south of us but it seems likely we will still get something out of this.

Quote:
Strong indicators of plentiful moisture appear in place given the flow aloft. Excellent forcing appears in place as the low approaches and forecast soundings respond showing deep saturation through the day on Thursday. Top-down methods suggest some freezing rain will be possible on onset...particularly across the southern half of the forecast area as moisture arrives. Given the favorable expected path of the upper low...confidence is high for precip however confidence remains low on amounts and type. At a minimum...winter weather advisories will likely be needed and possibly more across the south where ice may mix in. Thus will stick close to the forecast builder blends pops tonight but trend toward 100 pops on Thursday.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:21 AM

413 posts, read 462,475 times
Low 20s here in SE Michigan. Some places colder with even colder windchills. Brr. I think we got the snow that was supposed to hit Indianapolis on Monday night.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:26 AM

413 posts, read 462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
72f this morning. Is this Aug?
Have you thought about maybe a move to Atlanta or something? Seems to be more of a four season climate. You sound so miserable. I dont think I could stand those warm temps either year round either. I dont regret leaving Southern California but I gotta say most of this country is still in an ice age. Thats what I learned. I hate dealing with trying to walk to the nearest places without dealing with piles of snow months out of the year. It is beautiful though.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:36 AM

30,793 posts, read 21,680,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Midwest Noobie View Post
Have you thought about maybe a move to Atlanta or something? Seems to be more of a four season climate. You sound so miserable. I dont think I could stand those warm temps either year round either. I dont regret leaving Southern California but I gotta say most of this country is still in an ice age. Thats what I learned. I hate dealing with trying to walk to the nearest places without dealing with piles of snow months out of the year. It is beautiful though.
Way too cold in north GA. Or it used to be when i worked there back in the 80's. It was never this hot here year round like it has been the last 7 years. I have said the ramp up would be fast many years ago, but never dreamed it would get this hot this fast. I may have to redo my figs for the next 30 years as at this rate my numbers are way low bro.

I just want what i had in the 80's. Not 90's all the way to Dec and starting in early March like it does now.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:11 AM

29,590 posts, read 19,787,126 times
Another very cold morning by mid November standards

Old 11-14-2018, 08:18 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,947,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptunepenguins View Post
Just north of Houston here. Didn't break 5C/41F for the entire day I think. Stood at 38F for hours. Had light flurries for like 5 minutes too. Weird day for November.
It was the earliest snow for Houston on record
https://abc13.com/weather/snow-in-ho...think/2753082/

Old 11-14-2018, 09:17 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,506,156 times
Lexington recorded 0.1" of snow yesterday. Earliest since Nov 12, 2013.

Now the I-word has made an appearance:

Old 11-14-2018, 09:27 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,306,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Midwest Noobie View Post
Low 20s here in SE Michigan. Some places colder with even colder windchills. Brr. I think we got the snow that was supposed to hit Indianapolis on Monday night.
We seemed to get split by the snow in Indy. Even southern Indiana down around Evansville had a dusting of snow yesterday morning. And certainly north of us got up to an inch or so. Clear skies last night got us down to 18 degrees when I left for work at 7:30 this morning.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:25 AM

5,706 posts, read 3,798,196 times
Milder this morning with a low of 45F. Overcast and 61F now at 11:30am
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather