Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 09:35 AM

83,697 posts, read 76,119,798 times

Advertisements

We had rain 8 out of last 13 days. 5 out of last 9. Things are slowing down due to clouds, rain and cool temps.

Here are some Pepper pics for today.

Hungarian Wax

Dr Martin Carrot Red

Pretty Purple

Sweet Bell Pepper

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 11:46 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,774,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Big temp gradient coming up...cave was 60F, outside low 90s
Nice! I love getting in and out of a cave when it's hot outside, especially the way the forest air smells when going outside again.

It's been warm here these days, with highs in the low to mid 80s and lows in the low to mid 70s.

Shortish shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
and again a few miles later!
Do you know what trees are these in the last picture? There are a lot of orchards in your area? The factory reminds me of northern France. Not many industrial buildings around here, unless one goes all the way to Marseille.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:35 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,776,397 times
Quote:
Nice! I love getting in and out of a cave when it's hot outside, especially the way the forest air smells when going outside again.
The White Mountains have a few, they're colder than that. One holds ice year around (at around 3000 feet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Shortish shadows
That's really short. You're at my latitude, just above. So they should be just as short here. Need to pay more attention. Impressive thunderclouds there for a place with dry summers, I assume you're not getting any of the rain?

Quote:
Do you know what trees are these in the last picture? There are a lot of orchards in your area? The factory reminds me of northern France. Not many industrial buildings around here, unless one goes all the way to Marseille.
I think pear trees, could be wrong. Not many orchards here, but there are a few. The old factories tend to be by rivers. I looked up "Yankee Plastics" — they're out of business and their website is dead. Was a small manufacturing company employing 20 people.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:11 PM

5,045 posts, read 4,380,984 times
Interesting sunset.

Attached Thumbnails
Summer Photo Thread 2015-img_4068-1-.jpg  

Old 06-08-2015, 08:15 PM

29,590 posts, read 19,782,694 times
This is intense

https://twitter.com/ptztv/status/608065830648225792

Old 06-08-2015, 08:42 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,776,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlex View Post
Interesting sunset.
Wow. Great sunset photo! Here's my sky shots of the day. Not as exciting. Morning, around 10 AM:

Evening, around 8 pm. Was drizzling off and on, began to pour a bit after dark.

This photo came out too dark, it looked brighter in real life

Old 06-08-2015, 09:40 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,299,089 times
Starting the day off in Jackson, Tennessee. Low was 73F...breezy with clouds thin enough for the sun to shine through

Somewhere in northwestern Tennessee

Reelfoot Lake State Park

Cloudy and humid in front of the approaching storms

Nice bald cypress

Turtle orgy

Very lush

Grassy Island Nature Trail

Ferry closed for repairs...damn, wish they had posted signs. Had to find another way across the Mississippi.

Crossing the Mississippi on I-57

Big Oak Tree State Park in Missouri...old growth forest, lots of massive trees here

Clouds finally clearing...thank god for that. Photos look like crap when it's overcast
Tall cottonwood tree

Interesting clouds facing southeast from atop Indian mound at Towosahgy State Historic Site.

Sunset colors over the Ohio River

Mississippi River at the confluence

Staying in Cairo, Illinois tonight

Old 06-09-2015, 12:09 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,854,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post

It's been warm here these days, with highs in the low to mid 80s and lows in the low to mid 70s.
How high are those clouds?. They don't look that high, but it might just be the photo. Similar clouds here during summer are usually between 10-15000 ft. Nei referred to them as thunderclouds, but they don't look like the sort of cloud that deliver thunder - though often a downpour over a small area somewhere. and stray large drops everywhere else.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:09 AM

83,697 posts, read 76,119,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Starting the day off in Jackson, Tennessee. Low was 73F...breezy with clouds thin enough for the sun to shine through

Somewhere in northwestern Tennessee

Reelfoot Lake State Park

That's my pick of the bunch. Awesome. Very cool they built the bridges and paths around there. At first I thought was Florida or Louisiana. Didn't think it would be TN. You can tell its humid from the Pictures with the hazey air. Or maybe that was just because it was cloudy. Or maybe the lens was fogging up. If the picture with just the trees in the water (2 above this one) had a better background that would of been my favorite.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:14 AM

5,045 posts, read 4,380,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
That's my pick of the bunch. Awesome. Very cool they built the bridges and paths around there. At first I thought was Florida or Louisiana. Didn't think it would be TN. You can tell its humid from the Pictures with the hazey air. Or maybe that was just because it was cloudy. Or maybe the lens was fogging up. If the picture with just the trees in the water (2 above this one) had a better background that would of been my favorite.
That lake was actually formed by the New Madrid Earthquakes in 1811-1812!

Reelfoot Lake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather