Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 02:33 PM

719 posts, read 614,859 times

Advertisements

I'm waiting for chicagogeorge to be seething when parts of NWT get higher temperatures than Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 02:47 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMoneyhands View Post
I'm waiting for chicagogeorge to be seething when parts of NWT get higher temperatures than Chicago.

I think we in the East are in for a cooler than average summer, and those kind of temps don't bother me as long as it is sunny and decently warm. I'd much rather have windows open than AC on all summer long. What I really want is an average or above average winter for once.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:54 PM

719 posts, read 614,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I think we in the East are in for a cooler than average summer, and those kind of temps don't bother me as long as it is sunny and decently warm. I'd much rather have windows open than AC on all summer long. What I really want is an average or above average winter for once.
An average winter would be nice for you guys.

We here in BC have been treated well for the most part, summers have been hot and sunny (although last summer and looking like this summer are too hot) and the winters have been mild.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:50 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,406,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMoneyhands View Post
An average winter would be nice for you guys.

We here in BC have been treated well for the most part, summers have been hot and sunny (although last summer and looking like this summer are too hot) and the winters have been mild.
frankly I think its time for you guys in the west to be shoved in the coldest part of the freezer next year lol. and after two severely cold winters really above average would be more suitable.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:07 PM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Forgot to post this... Yesterdays Max Temps.. 90s snuck up further north in the Northeast just for 1 day though..

Today was good.. but my A/C is on now since the sun beat down on the house.. DPs stayed in the 50s! Currently 54°! max temps in up 70s. Blue skies and Cumulus clouds.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:10 PM

29,514 posts, read 19,612,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
You better get ready for a very cool summer. Only one day above 80F on your ten day GFS forecast. Meanwhile London will skyrocket past you in temps along with all of Western Europe. You shouldn't have bragged all winter about how much you loved and wanted more cold. You did this last year and didn't learn your lesson. Until you come around to love and enjoy mild winters, I've cursed your summers to be cool.
It will be a cool summer here.

To make matters worse, if we do go into a typical strong El Nino pattern, i'm in for a milder and drier winter too

Old 06-24-2015, 05:11 PM

5,039 posts, read 4,352,770 times
A thunderstorm appeared nearby around 3 PM and brought a few loud claps of thunder, but then quickly weakened. There was some rain where I work, but it looks like there was nothing at my house.

I guess there is still a chance more could come later tonight as there are some storms in Mississippi that could move this way eventually, but I'm not counting on it.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:14 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
It will be a cool summer here.
I really don't understand why you don't care for this kind of summer. I, for one, would LOVE to have a summer like that. All summer long, and then a nice, steady fade into a snowy winter. If only I could be so lucky...

Old 06-24-2015, 06:15 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,407,199 times
What a lovely chart!

http://modeles.meteociel.fr/modeles/...-174.png?24-19

Old 06-24-2015, 06:52 PM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times
NWS NY.. So our max will be more impressive then the lows. Maybe clouds involved.

AN AMPLIFIED H5 FLOW WILL DEVELOP IN RESPONSE TO A STRENGTHENING
MIDLEVEL RIDGE OUT WEST..RESULTING IN A DIGGING TROUGH EAST OF
THE MS RIVER VALLEY..
AND A HIGH AMPLITUDE RIDGE OVER THE
INTERMOUNTAIN WEST. THIS WILL RESULT IN AN UNSETTLED PERIOD OF
WEATHER AS MULTIPLE WAVES OF LOW PRESSURE IMPACT THE AREA DURING
THE WEEKEND AND INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK.

THE FIRST WAVE PASSING TO THE S EXITS FRI MORNING...WITH HIGH
PRESSURE BRIEFLY FOLLOWING BEFORE MULTIPLE WAVES OF LOW PRESSURE
DEVELOP ACROSS THE BOUNDARY EXTENDING FROM THE MID MS VALLEY TO
THE MID ATLANTIC COAST. THE PRIMARY WAVE LOOKS TO EMERGE FROM THE
TN VALLEY FRI NIGHT INTO SAT...WITH SECONDARY DEVELOPMENT OFF THE
DELMARVA SUN MORNING. THIS WOULD RESULT IN A PROLONGED PERIOD OF
OVERRUNNING RAIN DEVELOPING ON SAT AND CARRYING OVER INTO SUN.
PRECIPITABLE WATERS INCREASE TO 1.5 TO 2 INCHES FROM SAT
AFTERNOON THROUGH SAT NIGHT...SO RAIN COULD BE HEAVY AT TIMES.
HAVE HELD OFF ON MENTIONING THIS JUST YET AS SOLUTIONS HAVE BEEN
WAVERING OVER THE LAST 48 HOURS. CONDITIONS WOULD THEN BRIEFLY DRY
OUT MON BEFORE ANOTHER FRONTAL SYSTEM IMPACTS THE AREA ON TUE. THE
12Z GFS AND ECMWF ARE IN SOMEWHAT GOOD AGREEMENT...ALTHOUGH TIMING
IS UNCERTAIN. FRONT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE AREA
SOMETIME ON WEDNESDAY.

TEMPS DURING THE PERIOD WILL BE BELOW NORMAL INTO EARLY NEXT
WEEK...WITH THE GREATEST DEPARTURES COMING DURING THE DAYTIME
HOURS WITH READINGS AS MUCH AS 10 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL
. THEY THEN
MODERATE BACK TO NORMAL BY WED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather