Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 09:36 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post

Birmingham is well into the continent, and is quite a bit above sea level, so you will see some craziness with the weather. But go to Mobile, Grand Bay, Dauphin Island, Gulf Shores, etc, and you wont see such craziness.
Two hundred miles from the coast is hardly 'well into the continent' and 600 feet is not quite a bit above sea level. And given that the coast gets hurricanes means craziness by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:40 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,925,107 times
This is the Emerald Coast of Florida, located near Destin. It is one of MANY beautiful beaches in the South, from Texas to Florida and up through North Carolina and Virginia.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...549-banner.jpg

Go on. Tell me the South is not paradise; see if you people actually know what you are talking about.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:07 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,669,870 times
Quote:
This is the Emerald Coast of Florida, located near Destin. It is one of MANY beautiful beaches in the South, from Texas to Florida and up through North Carolina and Virginia.

Go on. Tell me the South is not paradise; see if you people actually know what you are talking about.
Holy **** what a piece if work you are.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:38 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Why do people focus so much on places like New Orleans, Mobile, and Florida?There's like 60% of the South north of that. I don't think anyone goes to Kentucky to experience mild winters. But Yh0moron doesn't seem to get the fact that places like Nashville are part of the South because they're not on the immediate coast

Old 04-22-2014, 11:33 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:

You should be more specific then and say the immediate coastal areas, but even then those areas are prone to arctic air masses and certainly are not frost free zones.

The image below shows what I think represents subtropical regions where people can grow citrus pretty easily in their backyards and fan palms (Med, Calif, Mexican), Phoenix date palms, Queen Palms, etc. This is based on looking at avg Jan temps, my experience on the subtropical gardening forums, and also USDA growing zones.

There are inland areas further north in the South like Natchez, MS or Monroe, LA where people grow citrus and palms, but Jan high temps are usually 50's/30'sF as opposed to 60/40F below the yellow line.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:38 PM

513 posts, read 914,103 times
Ok, here it goes: The south is not paradise. I'm sorry this pisses you off.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:22 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:

To me, paradise suggest a perfect heaven like and serene place. A place can be beautiful but far from being paradise.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panamajack78 View Post
Ok, here it goes: The south is not paradise. I'm sorry this pisses you off.
No. But it's pretty great.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:30 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times
OP is clearly trolling.

Paradise in the south? A place where gun crime, violence, gang culture is thriving?

A place where homophobic, Jesus loving fools preach their idiotic views to everyone?

On the weather side of things, yes there certainly are some very nice places down there.. although the summers are too hot and humid, which would be ok if the winters were still warm and pleasant, but unfortunately the winters are too cold for their latitude.

I'd rather be 15 degrees farther north in Nice, sitting outside on the Promenade des Anglais on a nice mild and sunny winter's day, looking at the 'paradise' of palm trees lining the roads, than do the same in New Orleans where it could be 20C or it could be -5C.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
OP is clearly trolling.

Paradise in the south? A place where gun crime, violence, gang culture is thriving?

A place where homophobic, Jesus loving fools preach their idiotic views to everyone?

On the weather side of things, yes there certainly are some very nice places down there.. although the summers are too hot and humid, which would be ok if the winters were still warm and pleasant, but unfortunately the winters are too cold for their latitude.

I'd rather be 15 degrees farther north in Nice, sitting outside on the Promenade des Anglais on a nice mild and sunny winter's day, looking at the 'paradise' of palm trees lining the roads, than do the same in New Orleans where it could be 20C or it could be -5C.
Seriously? I love people who indulge in lazy stereotypes, especially those who live 3,000 miles away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.