Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2014, 12:38 PM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,096,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
400 years of oppression? As if your beloved King of England wasn't involved in the Slave business back for those 168 years of British rule. Or French and Spanish rule for that matter.

Canadians love to talk smack about the US. If you don't like it, stay away.
That's what I'm saying. This shouldn't be a finger pointing game.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:39 PM
pdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
That poster is a troll.
Come on now, I've been here a year. I was addressing other posts calling the south a backwater and an embarrassment to the states.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:45 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
I personally don't care for subtropical climates. They are too hot and humid.

I can't run or cycle as easily in a subtropical climate. I live in the Northern United States (Great Lakes area).

Old 04-23-2014, 12:48 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Modern heating and AC make lots of places a paradise. Take those away, and I think the criteria for climatic paradise would change.

Last edited by Joe90; 04-23-2014 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: I needed to add an "a". Got a problem with that?

Old 04-23-2014, 12:50 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
I personally don't care for subtropical climates. They are too hot and humid.

I can't run or cycle as easily in a subtropical climate. I live in the Northern United States (Great Lakes area).
But Boston is subtropical climate and is hot summers with hot thundery downpours

Old 04-23-2014, 12:59 PM
pdw

This is why I hate the internet. People seem to hate Christians so much, it's ridiculous. Don't generalise people. A lot of great people of faith and done wonderful things for the world. Let's all just be civil, all right? Stop calling places "cultural backwaters" because they have different opinions than you. Hopefully no one's calling Canada a cultural backwater because I'm used to colder weather and see weather things differently than someone who isn't.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:06 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
This is why I hate the internet. People seem to hate Christians so much, it's ridiculous. Don't generalise people. A lot of great people of faith and done wonderful things for the world. Let's all just be civil, all right? Stop calling places "cultural backwaters" because they have different opinions than you. Hopefully no one's calling Canada a cultural backwater because I'm used to colder weather and see weather things differently than someone who isn't.
People hate Christians because many (not all) of them are very intolerant towards individuals with different lifestyles and beliefs. They support the suppression of others and treat them as second-class citizens. The irony is they often pull the victim card despite being a powerful majority. Give me a break.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:12 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
I don't 'hate' christians, I just do not understand their views, at all.

We live in the 21st century and science has proved so many things, yet some people still believe that a baby magically appeared in a virgin woman's womb 2000 years ago, and grew up to be a miracle worker before magically vanishing up to heaven!

We have failed to advance as a civilization so so so many times in the past because of these ridiculous views. Views that everything should be done the 'Christian' way. Views that homosexual people are sinners. Views that women are inferior to men. The archbishop even has a say in the politics of our country ffs! The list goes on and on. Yes, certain Christians don't agree with some of these ridiculous views, but then that just serves to undermine Christianity as a religion, doesn't it?

I don't necessarily care if people have their own religious views, even if I could not possibly understand how anyone could believe in something so daft, as long as they keep it to themselves and don't try and force others into their views.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:17 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
What is frequently? NOLA averages over the last 30 years 1 day a year with a max temp below 40F. Your obvious cold bias is showing. Have you been there and looked around at the gardens and vegetation?

NOLA isn't tropical, but it is most def subtropical.
New Orleans is so temperate because it is surrounded by water. When the gulf doesn't drop below 65 degrees, it is pretty impossible to get the air temps below 40F at all or for very long.

Compare the numbers to Baton Rouge which latitude wise isn't very far north of NO, you'll find much cooler winter temps.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:24 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post
Record lows only appear extreme due to the fact that American technology is very advanced compared to other places in the world, meaning that the equipment is very sensitive.
This was the worst. Like the 100 year old sunshine-recorders? Environment Canada, the Met Office, Australia's Bureau of Met, even FMI spends millions and millions on equipment and research while the US agency fires people, close stations and other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.