Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 03:32 PM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Sure is pouring here, was 93F at 2:20 then dropped way down as the storm rolled in.
Ahh, I see that. Moving slowly southwest to northeast. Zoomed in actually shows some 90s in the area south of you where it's sunny.. Here I am struggling past mid 60s again (about normal anyway but different from recent years)

Like Walhalla, ND

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 03:41 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Spring has sprung. We are a little cooler than Walhalla. But it is warm enough for the Garter snakes to come out of hibernation. Caught my first one of the year a few minutes ago.

The Current weather here in Marion

Old 05-24-2014, 03:48 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,557 times
According to the Local NWS it looks like Tuesday Could finally mark the start of Summer in S.FL

"TUESDAY COULD MARK THE BEGINNING OF A TRANSITION INTO A MORE
DEFINITIVE SUMMER TIME LIKE PATTERN OF DIURNAL CONVECTION. AS MID
LEVEL RIDGE REMAINS WEAKER IN COMPARISON TO LAST FEW DAYS AND EARLY
IN THE WEEKEND TEMPS WILL LIKELY REMAIN NEAR OR JUST SLIGHTLY ABOVE
NORMAL. ANALYSIS OF ENSEMBLE MODELS INDICATE CONFIDENCE IN THE
FORECAST THROUGH AT LEAST TUESDAY IS RATHER HIGH AT THIS TIME.

BY THE MIDDLE TO LATTER PART OF THE WEEK, MODELS BEGIN TO GRADUALLY
DIVERGE. THE ECMWF KEEPS A CUTOFF H5 LOW NEARLY STATIONARY ACROSS
THE LOWER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY WHILE THE GFS DOES NOT SHOW MUCH OF
THAT FEATURE OR MUCH WEAKER. REGARDLESS...THE CONSENSUS IS FOR UPPER
LEVEL TROUGH ACROSS THE EASTERN PART OF THE COUNTRY WITH NEXT
FRONTAL SYSTEM MOVING ACROSS THE SE THROUGH THE LATTER PART OF THE
WEEK. THIS PATTERN WILL RESULT IN A WEAKENING OF THE LOW LEVEL RIDGE
ACROSS THE AREA, SLIGHT INCREASE IN DEEP LAYER MOISTURE FROM THE
SOUTH AHEAD OF THE TROUGH AND AN INCREASE IN RAIN CHANCES SOMETHING
MORE TYPICAL OF THE SUMMER. PATTERN SHOULD OVERALL FAVOR INTERIOR
SOUTH FLORIDA ALTHOUGH WITH STORM MOTION VECTORS BEING FAIRLY LIGHT
FROM BOTH GLOBAL MODELS EAST AND WEST COAST METRO AREAS MIGHT NOT BE
TOTALLY SPARED.

AT THIS TIME...THE MAIN CONCERN IS FOR GARDEN VARIETY TSTM ACTIVITY
ALTHOUGH THIS OUTLOOK COULD CHANGE AT ANY TIME GIVEN THE UNCERTAINTY."

It won't Affect me since I'm leaving Early Tuesday Morning to Colombia but it's nice to see rainy season start.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:26 PM

465 posts, read 405,221 times
May is still averaging 4 degrees above average here. Wild strawberries are ripening early. A trough will bring showers and cooler weather over the next several days, but temperatures will still be about average. The month should end up a few degrees above average, then on to what many are predicting will be a warmer and drier than average summer.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:46 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,161,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenochitlan View Post
May is still averaging 4 degrees above average here. Wild strawberries are ripening early. A trough will bring showers and cooler weather over the next several days, but temperatures will still be about average. The month should end up a few degrees above average, then on to what many are predicting will be a warmer and drier than average summer.
Well for Seattle this year that can't hurt too much, can it? You're 5.40" above normal rainfall since 1 July last year. I remember the PNW was cool while the Midwest and East burned in 2012; SeaTac Airport waited until 4 August to reach 90F. Did you like that?

Old 05-24-2014, 08:32 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
The final week of meteorological spring, did we ever save the best for last.
Perfect weather for sleeveless and shorts .

Its warming up over here tomorrow, but cooling down again by Wednesday. I am really looking forward to flaunt my arms for once.

56 F and cloudy going down to 49 F here. High of 72 F today with a decent thunderstorm.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 05-24-2014 at 08:50 PM..

Old 05-24-2014, 11:22 PM

465 posts, read 405,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin34 View Post
Well for Seattle this year that can't hurt too much, can it? You're 5.40" above normal rainfall since 1 July last year. I remember the PNW was cool while the Midwest and East burned in 2012; SeaTac Airport waited until 4 August to reach 90F. Did you like that?
Don't remind me! It took until June 20 to reach 75F! Actually this spring hasn't been bad, though. Even though it's been wetter than average, it's been warmer than average, and fairly sunny. The worst springs are when it's cold and cloudy, but doesn't necessarily even rain much more than usual.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:52 AM

1,004 posts, read 1,161,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenochitlan View Post
Don't remind me! It took until June 20 to reach 75F! Actually this spring hasn't been bad, though. Even though it's been wetter than average, it's been warmer than average, and fairly sunny. The worst springs are when it's cold and cloudy, but doesn't necessarily even rain much more than usual.
That was 2010, coincidentally the latest first 75F on record at SeaTac Airport (in 2012 it was 7 May); D.C. had its hottest JJA on record. The latest first 75F at the three major D.C. area airports as well as Pittsburgh is 9 May. So Seattle is indeed more monotone than I thought in spring... But don't labour under the delusion I am a heat-lover; I just want my seasons
Attached Thumbnails
Spring 2014 (March-May) - Northern Hemisphere-sea_first_last_75f.png  

Old 05-25-2014, 05:10 AM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Midland, TX just had 0.94" of rain in 42 minutes – more than the first 126 days of 2014 combined (0.90" Jan 1-May 6).

Another thing I've learned over the years... the hype on droughts and floods and linking it to you know what.

Here's the rainfall total forecast for the areas that need it.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:52 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Into the 80s for good today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather