Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 07:20 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,539,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Low of 4.1°C / 39.4°F last night.
Seeing figures like this just makes me ill....I can only dream of such refreshment in the AM.

Although I'm thrilled to be flipping the calendar over to September, summer's not over, not by a long shot. :/ They're forecasting excessive heat and humidity right out to the end of the 7-day forecast, with no hint of a cool-down after that. So the upper 80's and 90's and lows in the 70's will be with us - day after day, month after month. The joys of living in the Southland...

At least I'll be heading north come 27 Sept - and there damn well better be some cool weather up there waiting for me, or you're gonna see a very unhappy person...lol.

Oh yeah, the other night I had a dream of visiting Norway, the northern part of Norway, where they had temps in the 40's right smack in the middle of summer. I felt good just about all day just from having that dream of coolness. I sure do need to have dreams like that more often....lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 07:47 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,223,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Although I'm thrilled to be flipping the calendar over to September, summer's not over, not by a long shot. :/
Yes, the summer thread will still be relevant down south for the next 6 weeks. The horror...

Old 08-31-2012, 07:49 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,966,656 times
It'll be relavent for most places over the next month at least.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:16 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,706,532 times
From 2.5C to 16.4C, that's more like spring than summer. We had similar days in March in fact. I'm in the autumnal mood now.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:52 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,471,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Seeing figures like this just makes me ill....I can only dream of such refreshment in the AM.
It makes me ill for different reasons. Never mind the fact we had no heat or warmth in the first place, to make this feel relatively "refreshing".

In all it's a horrible end to a horrible summer. Confirmed wettest in 100 years. I don't see any records for "driest" or "sunniest" in recent years though. But plenty of "coldest, cloudiest" or "wettest" records in these past few years.

Terrible tragic summer with no sunshine, loads of rain and only two warm days (23rd, 24th July) otherwise very cool. Also no overhead thunderstorms in Fuxton. I drove into Manchester to get my only storm of the year, some 20 miles away. Mind you that was somethin' else that storm, by English standards anyway, never heard such frequent thunder like that apart from in a youtube video. Even you would have thought it was good living in Georgia in fact it was pretty crazy and seemed funny to think back in Buxton there was nothing but boring overcast as usual.

That was the highlight of my summer anyway and otherwise it was just a terrible mess this year. I will be booking a week (at least) in Florida next year, you bet your life.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:57 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,539,589 times
Quote:
It makes me ill for different reasons. Never mind the fact we had no heat or warmth in the first place, to make this feel relatively "refreshing".

In all it's a horrible end to a horrible summer. Confirmed wettest in 100 years. I don't see any records for "driest" or "sunniest" in recent years though. But plenty of "coldest, cloudiest" or "wettest" records in these past few years.

Terrible tragic summer with no sunshine, loads of rain and only two warm days (23rd, 24th July) otherwise very cool. Also no overhead thunderstorms in Fuxton. I drove into Manchester to get my only storm of the year, some 20 miles away. Mind you that was somethin' else that storm, by English standards anyway, never heard such frequent thunder like that apart from in a youtube video. Even you would have thought it was good living in Georgia in fact it was pretty crazy and seemed funny to think back in Buxton there was nothing but boring overcast as usual.

That was the highlight of my summer anyway and otherwise it was just a terrible mess this year. I will be booking a week (at least) in Florida next year, you bet your life.

That's good to hear, as that's one place that's got your name all over it....lol. If you want just plain warmth, go to South Florida during the winter months - you'll be sure to not be disappointed. If you want heat, humidity and loads of thunderstorms with LOTS of lightning, you'll need to go to *central* Florida during the hot season, which generally runs from May to Oct, with June being the peak month for t-storms. Best to rent a car as well so you can stay mobile and chase the best storms, as they do tend to be spotty and some areas tend to get "favored" over others in any given season.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:54 AM

25,021 posts, read 28,040,856 times
Quote:

Just book a flight to Seville in July and you'll be baking in 38°C temps and cloudless skies

Old 08-31-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Just book a flight to Seville in July and you'll be baking in 38°C temps and cloudless skies
I want good storms thrown in too really, but yes Seville would be good for a week.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:20 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,966,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Florida is far far far better than Spain trust me. I'm going there next year too although i'm going for 6 weeks.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:26 AM

It really was a surprisingly cold night last night... in August.

Here in Buxton it probably won't get below 40°F again until late October, when it would usually happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather