Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:03 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,214,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Tomorrow in Houston:
Windy...thunderstorms, some strong in the morning, becoming mostly sunny late. Storms could contain damaging winds. Morning high of 65F with temps falling to near 45F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
... and at night:
Windy with a few clouds from time to time. Cold. Low 24F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph.
Going to be cold in Houston this week. Highs potentially not getting out of the 30s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 08:09 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,274,044 times
I love the Arctic blast we've received in Texas. It's now 20 degrees with a wind chill of 4 degrees with ice on the ground. It won't last long, so I don't know why anyone would complain. Now Texas heat is another story. It never ends. November to April has pretty decent weather in Texas.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:53 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,279,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Sure...Thats my specialty!
SOLD! Come on over! I already have the chicken prepped, just need some help prepping the side items.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:45 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
Packers apologized at the press conference in Dallas for bringing the Green Bay weather with them!

What a hoot and Go Pack Go!

Old 02-01-2011, 02:17 PM

The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued an Ice
Storm Warning... which is in effect until 6 PM EST Wednesday. The
Winter Storm Warning has been cancelled.

* Areas affected: northeast Pennsylvania and northwest New
Jersey.

* Precipitation types: heavy freezing rain. There is a chance
that sleet occurs overnight... especially in the Poconos and
Sussex County New Jersey.

* Accumulations: glaze accumulations of one half to three quarters
of an inch are expected by 10 am Wednesday. If sleet occurs...
glaze accumulation would be less but sleet could accumulate one
half inch.

* Temperatures will be in the upper teens and 20s throughout this
storm.

* Timing: spotty freezing drizzle in progress will intensify to
freezing rain between 8 PM and midnight. The worst of the
glazing should occur between 3 am and 9 am Wednesday.
Precipitation tapers to drizzle early Wednesday afternoon.

Ice Storm Warnings aren't issued very often so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm sure everything will be shut down again tomorrow.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:30 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,454,351 times
15 inches of snow predicted with possibly a bit of sleet mixed in tomorrow. Already got a decent amount of snow so far. How much are other people getting?

Old 02-01-2011, 03:07 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
So far here in Louisville and the Southern surburbs nothing but heavy rain. We dodged a bullet down compared to what central Indiana is getting. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow. I'll take snow over ice any day.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:41 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
Wind is starting to howl here, 5" of snow we got last night is blowing around pretty good. I went out to shovel a 2nd time this afternoon, then realized why bother, I'll wait until the wind dies down.

Schools are closed tomorrow, unusual around here, but with the blowing snow and wind chill, because of the rural bus routes, they just can't get those kids in for school.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:16 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times
I'm in NW Indiana, not far from Chicago. The blizzard started here at 1 p.m. today. Boss closed the office shortly before 2; I was home by 3. If I'd left work at 5, I may not have made it home. Visibility is nil. Wind is terrible; snow blowing sideways. So glad to be home, safe and sound. My county often gets "lake effect" snow off Lake Michigan, and they are predicting we'll get 24" of snow by 3 p.m. Weds. Crossing my fingers that the electricity will stay on!

OMG, the TV news out of Chicago just now showed Lake Shore Drive with cars at a standstill because huge waves from the lake are breaking over the walls and creating a real nightmare. They are saying that during the night the waves may reach 18-25' high. (That's not a typo!)

This is nuts!

Good news for me is, I happen to LOVE snow! I know it's dangerous out there, but when I'm safe at home I enjoy shoveling snow and playing in the white stuff. Tomorrow I'll be out there much of the day.

Everyone affected by the storms......be safe and don't go out on the roads unless it's absolutely necessary. Take care!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:23 PM

^Good luck out there in Indiana. You guys are getting quite the blizzard!

Firewood is stacked, cars are strategically parked...now time to hunker down and ride out a potentially crippling ice storm. Hope the power won't go out. Schools will probably be shut down for a second day tomorrow, which doesn't happen very often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather