Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volkswagen
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:58 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,048,900 times

Advertisements

This really is funny!

People make so many assumptions about other people on these forums.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:58 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,746,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
What makes you think I was referring to you?
Gee Wally, can you be even more juvenile than you're already being?

Old 11-08-2009, 04:00 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,746,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
I'll go ahead and do this one more time.

qft
I'll say this one more time.

You have repeatedly written self-contradictory statements that prove that you're not telling the truth, or simply don't know what you're talking about.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:00 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,048,900 times
huh?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:21 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,752,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I'll say this one more time.

You have repeatedly written self-contradictory statements that prove that you're not telling the truth, or simply don't know what you're talking about.
Well sugarbritches, I'm back from my imaginary truck driving job and have some time to kill. Did you miss me?
Below are all my quotes. Show me where I'm being self-contradictory.

Quote:
My "real world" mileage in a 2003 Jetta TDI 5spd was 43.6mpg summer, 46.6mpg winter city/hwy and 48 hwy @ 75mph. Who knows what I could have done if I kept it at 65 or below, I never tried it.
I now have a 2005 Passat TDI wagon. A bit bigger and heaver than the Jetta and a completely different motor and it only comes in automatic. Mileage is low to mid 30's. At some point I will trade it in on a new Jetta TDI or I will get another used Jetta TDI.
Once you own one you understand why TDI owners have a certain smile when they pass a Prius or one of those "smart" cars. They know the real answer to good fuel mileage isn't complicated hi-tech gadgetry, or a four wheel motorcycle. The old tried and true diesel beats them all.
Quote:
Actually the TDI is an upgrade to the SE which starts at $20395, but with the additional options that the TDI comes with the price would be $22631 for a comparable SE. The TDI starts at $23660, with the sunroof. That's a $1029, not $5000 difference and not what I would call "considerably more expensive", and the TDI comes with a six-speed instead of the five-speed transmission that's not available on the SE, but makes considerable difference in the drivability of the TDI.
Quote:
Made a mistake. I didn't spot the auto trans in the SEL so here is goes.
The SEL which is the closest to the TDI as far as trim level cost @ $24030
A TDI with the auto trans $1100, sunroof $1000, 17' tires $450, and ipod cable $199, would list out at $26159.
That's a $2129 additional cost from a gas to diesel. When you take into consideration the $1300 Federal income tax credit the difference it $829.

No where near $5000.
Quote:
I'm basing it on the website you provided, O'deluded one.

Never said it is a, "cash in the pocket", it is a fed tax credit, just as I said, O'deluded one.

VW determines the prices not me, O'deluded one.

As for your calculation and fuel prices. Where I live the differences are anywhere from $.10 less for diesel to $.18 more than regular. Right now it's $.10 more.
At the current prices it would take @ 38759 miles to break even, not 100000 miles. O'deluded one.

I never said TDI's were cash cows, they just aren't $5000 more than a gas equivalent. You seem bound and determined to prove yourself right even if you have to fudge the truth to do it.
Quote:
Well, sugar britches, I'm no teenager, but you are sure acting like a child.
As for diesels, I own a 2005 Passat Wagon TDI and had a 2003 Jetta TDI I bought used in 2004, that was totaled when an old man slammed into it instead of stopping.
I also drive an 18 wheeler 100k plus miles a year on the east coast anywhere from FL to CT to as far west as MS. I have also worked on trucks since 1974, so I kinda know my way around diesels.
Now...Why don't you just own up to the fact that you were wrong and put your tail between your legs so the rest of the adults on here can move on.
Quote:
Actually, "saving loads of money" are your words I never said anything of the sort.
I did post my "real world" mileage which is what the original poster wanted to know.

Where I live #2 diesel or in some places bio-diesel is the only fuel available. Fuel prices fluctuate all the time I don't pay that much attention. I just fill the tank and pay.
You must have me confused with someone else. You might try crossword puzzles it will help sharpen you mind and fend off the brain fade you are experiencing.
My "daddy" has been retired since 84 and he never drove a truck, but I'm sure you already knew that. It was obvious wasn't it?

Again, you seem confused. I never said anything about getting rich. Here's some good advice, make sure you always carry an ID, so when they find you wondering the streets cause you can't remember where you live, it will make it easier to get you back home.
Quote:
FYI, I don't live in the north east, you do. I live in the south east.
The local gas stations in my area sell #2 diesel and I have seen places that sell bio-diesel.

For my truck, I purchase fuel at Pilot and some TA's and Love's truck stops. The only fuel available in the trucking lanes are #2 LSD and ULSD. I only get in the USLD lanes if I'm in a hurry and they are the shortest lines.
There may be winterized fuel blends I never paid any attention. I do put in an additive in the tank if I will be in areas that are snowing or expecting 20* or below weather. The only choice is what they sell at the truck stop and it is labeled #2 diesel.
I have seen many price fluctuations throughout the year, but I have never seen a specific winter blend spike in fuel costs.
Quote:
As I said #2 LSD and ULSD. If you actually had a clue about truck driving you would know that too.
Quote:
I know, I just like seeing how deep a hole old sugarbritches can dig.
Quote:
Your reading comprehension needs work.
I said "Fuel prices fluctuate all the time I don't pay that much attention. I just fill the tank and pay." and "There may be winterized fuel blends I never paid any attention. I do put in an additive in the tank if I will be in areas that are snowing or expecting 20* or below weather. The only choice is what they sell at the truck stop and it is labeled #2 diesel.
I have seen many price fluctuations throughout the year, but I have never seen a specific winter blend spike in fuel costs."

I never made the claims you are saying I did.

How about you, " Any other embarrassing admissions you need to make?"
Quote:
I'll go ahead and do this one more time.

qft
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.