Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volkswagen
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 02:08 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,741,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
FYI, I don't live in the north east, you do. I live in the south east.
The local gas stations in my area sell #2 diesel and I have seen places that sell bio-diesel.

For my truck, I purchase fuel at Pilot and some TA's and Love's truck stops. The only fuel available in the trucking lanes are #2 LSD and ULSD. I only get in the USLD lanes if I'm in a hurry and they are the shortest lines.
There may be winterized fuel blends I never paid any attention. I do put in an additive in the tank if I will be in areas that are snowing or expecting 20* or below weather. The only choice is what they sell at the truck stop and it is labeled #2 diesel.
I have seen many price fluctuations throughout the year, but I have never seen a specific winter blend spike in fuel costs.
I live in the Northeast? I suppose that explains my user-name, huhh?

And by the way, it was YOU who claimed you drove truck up into Connecticut, not me. Is that not in the Northeast? Doesn't it get quite cold up there?

IF you were actually a truck driver, you'd know EXACTLY what kind of fuels are sold where, and what blends are used at what temperatures.

Also, if you've never seen winter-blend diesel that's higher than #2, it's because you don't do what you claim you do. The price of winter-blend diesel is always higher than #2. Period.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:57 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,752,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
IF you were actually a truck driver, you'd know EXACTLY what kind of fuels are sold where, and what blends are used at what temperatures.
As I said #2 LSD and ULSD. If you actually had a clue about truck driving you would know that too.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:34 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,048,343 times
RedNC, you may have already noticed that it is difficult to get a rational point across to some folks here.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
RedNC, you may have already noticed that it is difficult to get a rational point across to some folks here.
I know, I just like seeing how deep a hole old sugarbritches can dig.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
So you send me a ridiculous PM. Now you take your little passive-aggressive pot-shots here on the open forum.

You've got a problem, buddy.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I know, I just like seeing sugarbritches make a fool of himself.
I'm not the dolt who claims to be a truck driver, running routes up into Connecticut, but then admits that he doesn't know what the price of diesel is in "other parts" - and claims to never run winter blend diesel.

Then you claim that the price of blended diesel is no higher than #2.

Yeah... Fool of one's self indeed.

Any other embarrassing admissions you need to make?

Old 11-08-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I'm not the dolt who claims to be a truck driver, running routes up into Connecticut, but then admits that he doesn't know what the price of diesel is in "other parts" - and claims to never run winter blend diesel.

Then you claim that the price of blended diesel is no higher than #2.

Yeah... Fool of one's self indeed.

Any other embarrassing admissions you need to make?
Your reading comprehension needs work.
I said "Fuel prices fluctuate all the time I don't pay that much attention. I just fill the tank and pay." and "There may be winterized fuel blends I never paid any attention. I do put in an additive in the tank if I will be in areas that are snowing or expecting 20* or below weather. The only choice is what they sell at the truck stop and it is labeled #2 diesel.
I have seen many price fluctuations throughout the year, but I have never seen a specific winter blend spike in fuel costs."

I never made the claims you are saying I did.

How about you, " Any other embarrassing admissions you need to make?"

Old 11-08-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Your reading comprehension needs work.
I said "Fuel prices fluctuate all the time I don't pay that much attention. I just fill the tank and pay." and "There may be winterized fuel blends I never paid any attention. I do put in an additive in the tank if I will be in areas that are snowing or expecting 20* or below weather. The only choice is what they sell at the truck stop and it is labeled #2 diesel.
I have seen many price fluctuations throughout the year, but I have never seen a specific winter blend spike in fuel costs."

I never made the claims you are saying I did.

How about you, " Any other embarrassing admissions you need to make?"
Backpedal much?

If you've never noticed the higher price for winter blend, it's because you don't buy winter blend - which pretty much means you don't buy diesel - which much means that somewhere along the line (or maybe lots of times here) you're just not telling the truth.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:56 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,048,343 times
Quote:
So you send me a ridiculous PM. Now you take your little passive-aggressive pot-shots here on the open forum.

You've got a problem, buddy.
What makes you think I was referring to you?

Old 11-08-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Backpedal much?

If you've never noticed the higher price for winter blend, it's because you don't buy winter blend - which pretty much means you don't buy diesel - which much means that somewhere along the line (or maybe lots of times here) you're just not telling the truth.
I'll go ahead and do this one more time.
Quote:
For my truck, I purchase fuel at Pilot and some TA's and Love's truck stops. The only fuel available in the trucking lanes are #2 LSD and ULSD. I only get in the USLD lanes if I'm in a hurry and they are the shortest lines.
There may be winterized fuel blends I never paid any attention. I do put in an additive in the tank if I will be in areas that are snowing or expecting 20* or below weather. The only choice is what they sell at the truck stop and it is labeled #2 diesel.
I have seen many price fluctuations throughout the year, but I have never seen a specific winter blend spike in fuel costs.
qft
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volkswagen