Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 10:34 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,219,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhuu View Post
I saw a tv show about Brianna Maitland, she was living north western Vermont and she disappeared due to drugs. The show is called Disappeared. They speculated she owed drug dealers money so they made her go away. It is an interesting case.
That's illogical. You can't collect from people who owe you money if they are dead.

If you read the information about her case, her uncashed paychecks and migraine medication were left behind. There was a confrontation/assault that happened with another woman earlier since she filed charges and the case was still pending when she disappeared. It also could have simply been a robbery like the one that happened 7 years earlier on the very property her car was found.

If you read any of the information and comments at the bottom of articles, there was no mention of drugs as possibility until very recently. It's merely an after-thought theory. Her parents don't believe that's the reason either.

From what I've read, sex trafficking or being held against her will are more likely scenarios. It's very possible she could still be alive.

The Charley Project: Brianna Alexandria Maitland

Disappearance Of Brianna Maitland | Unsolved Crimes

Old 08-15-2013, 01:19 PM

66 posts, read 114,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's illogical. You can't collect from people who owe you money if they are dead.

If you read the information about her case, her uncashed paychecks and migraine medication were left behind. There was a confrontation/assault that happened with another woman earlier since she filed charges and the case was still pending when she disappeared. It also could have simply been a robbery like the one that happened 7 years earlier on the very property her car was found.

If you read any of the information and comments at the bottom of articles, there was no mention of drugs as possibility until very recently. It's merely an after-thought theory. Her parents don't believe that's the reason either.

From what I've read, sex trafficking or being held against her will are more likely scenarios. It's very possible she could still be alive.

The Charley Project: Brianna Alexandria Maitland

Disappearance Of Brianna Maitland | Unsolved Crimes
Drug dealers kill people to warn others not to go without paying. Why? Because that person can't pay or has no hope of paying anyway. One would hope she is still alive somewhere. It was a rumor speculated by the program and not my idea.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:41 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,219,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhuu View Post
Drug dealers kill people to warn others not to go without paying. Why? Because that person can't pay or has no hope of paying anyway. One would hope she is still alive somewhere. It was a rumor speculated by the program and not my idea.
High level drug dealers do that, not the level of drug dealers who sell small amounts to people with her limited means. If this was a killing to send a message, everyone would know (otherwise no message was sent) and everyone would have talked through the grapevine about it. The police would have heard who killed her. If they didn't, your police are incompetent.

I know it wasn't your speculation, but I always consider the source and do my own research. I shared what I found because it would be a travesty if people stop looking for her because of this new theory. It's not like you've got the Mafia up there putting cement boots on people disappearing bodies forever. This isn't fair to the victim or her family. If she's alive, she deserves to have everyone out there looking for her.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:52 AM

66 posts, read 114,891 times
They do know a guy who was the drug dealer, they showed photos of him, but there was not enough evidence to charge him. Try to watch the program it is on the ID channel. They re show it every so often. There are a lot of murder mysteries in which people kill someone for the most stupid reasons. But, what if the girl was partying with the drug dealers and she ODed and they got rid of the body? They also said how they may of gotten rid of the body on the program. They did not want to report her death because they could be copable in it. For example if they gave her a shot and she died even if she asked for it, they can be charged with murder. There was a woman in prison who told that story and she got a lot of years like maybe 20 years just for that even. This was another case, but I know that even being in the same place when someone is murdered often sends people to prison for 20 years or more.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:17 AM

2 posts, read 2,426 times
Yet we also have one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country...

One of the best public education systems in the country...

The third lowest CO2 emissions per capita...

Old 10-10-2013, 08:08 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,383,217 times
This looks like a documentary worth watching:

[vimeo]74739331[/vimeo]
HH TRAILER-VIMEO on Vimeo

Old 10-10-2013, 08:45 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,969,409 times
I read about it in the paper last week...definitely seems worth checking out. I saw they are going to playing it in many of the local schools.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:39 AM

Well well.

We ain't gettin' richer
but we done got our pitcher

on the cover of the Rolling Stone.

The New Face of Heroin: The Epidemic That's Ripping Vermont Apart | Culture News | Rolling Stone

Great article. If there was anyone left out there who wasn't aware of the drug problem in VT they are now covered.

And the maple sugar industry is ticked off.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:58 AM

5,859 posts, read 5,308,673 times
Well, Vermont's "dirty little secret" isn't such a secret anymore. First with Shumlin's state of the state speech and now Rolling Stone's article (cover). Personally, I think it is a good thing that it is out there for all to see-rather than pretending it doesn't exist. They say that the first thing on the road to recovering is admitting you have a problem and that is what the State of Vermont is doing-admitting we have a problem. Now comes the fun part as to figuring out how to handle the problem.

Cat

Old 04-07-2014, 11:44 AM

Indeed. It wasn't that long ago that our town fathers insisted that we didn't have any problems with drugs or gangs. Boy has that changed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont