Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 02:00 PM

752 posts, read 2,086,040 times

Advertisements

So I have been to clairvoyants and consulted with them (the top-notch ones now, not some $1.99 per minute phony) but what puzzles me, the ones who can read past lives, why do they come up with different lives in the same era? for example, I've been told I had a lifetime during WWII (right before this one. I was born in '77) once, in which I was a young German man during the Nazi era (not a Nazihopefully) I have also been told I was am Englishman who died in a plane crash then, and last of all I was a young woman in some region of Eastern Europe (sounded like Czech Republic.) who was married to an abusive man.

I also believe in parallel lives, so you don't suppose they are picking up parallels, maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 05:53 PM

8,548 posts, read 10,971,365 times
I think the only thing they are picking is your pockets.

Bob.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:53 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,868 times
I have also wondered why they don't seem to go beyond some of the more recent or better-known times, or incidents -- like, why not a life as a shepherd in 1500 in Spain, or a 1300s-era woman with 12 children living in what is now an area near Afghanistan? Is that what you mean?

I also wonder why (since we have more capabilities to do so, as time passes and we discover new ways to dig up facts about the not-so-distant past) so many of the people we "once were" in these times cannot be identified.

Past lives also seem to conflict with the presence of spirits: If, for example, a medium can (and I certainly believe many of them can) contact your deceased grandparent, why can't he contact a certain relative (of whom you might have knowledge, through genealogy, for example) who lived in 1800? Is there a certain "circulation time" to be completed before spirits or ghosts can then be reincarnated?

Old 12-09-2013, 08:16 PM

752 posts, read 2,086,040 times
Most of my past lives were supposedly average and regular-I'm sure the good ones will not tell you you were Cleopatra or Napoleon in another life-it lacks plausibility. youre right

Old 12-12-2013, 02:28 PM

808 posts, read 662,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
So I have been to clairvoyants and consulted with them (the top-notch ones now, not some $1.99 per minute phony) but what puzzles me, the ones who can read past lives, why do they come up with different lives in the same era? for example, I've been told I had a lifetime during WWII (right before this one. I was born in '77) once, in which I was a young German man during the Nazi era (not a Nazihopefully) I have also been told I was am Englishman who died in a plane crash then, and last of all I was a young woman in some region of Eastern Europe (sounded like Czech Republic.) who was married to an abusive man.

I also believe in parallel lives, so you don't suppose they are picking up parallels, maybe?
because they are making good money and you are simply gullible

Old 12-13-2013, 10:43 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,193 times
Pick your hypothesis:

1. Your top notch clairvoyants are complete phonies, and making it all up for money.
2. These clairvoyants have real talents but are making up the past life stuff for some reason.
3. The clairvoyants are misinterpreting whatever cues they're using and fooling themselves.
4. Some other agent is implanting falsehoods in their brains for its own purposes.
5. They're "surfing" the multiverse and picking up info from alternate universes.

My vote is for 1, 2, or 3. Which you choose depends on how charitable you're feeling toward them.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:37 AM

15,066 posts, read 8,627,795 times
While the concept is difficult for our linear minds to process, some suggest that there is no such thing a linear time. That everything that has happened, is happening, or will happen in the "future" is actually all happening simultaneously, now..

Think of it as a video game, where the CD disk contains a linear prgression from beginning to end, and all possible moves and responses to player input exists on that disk. Everything that can ever happen is already there, just waiting for a player to play the game.

Now consider the possibilty that if indeed people have past lives, then it would also suggest that they have future lives as well. If, as in the video game analogy, and in a world where linear time is just an illusion, all of your past, present, and future lives would be occurring simultaneously.

This would explain how a "psychic" could give details about your future before it has even occurred ... because, it really has already occurred or is occurring now. These "psychics" simply have the ability to pick up information across what ever structure is there that creates the illusion of time.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:57 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,868 times
Quote:
Now consider the possibilty that if indeed people have past lives, then it would also suggest that they have future lives as well. If, as in the video game analogy, and in a world where linear time is just an illusion, all of your past, present, and future lives would be occurring simultaneously.
I have never believed in linear time, either. So this makes sense, but only if we retain the same energy / spirit through each lifetime. I would think that we do, if we do indeed reincarnate.

I believe in ghosts, too, though. No one can determine what realm of time they occupy, unless of course we sometimes have the ability to see the past as it occur(ed) in the so-called past. That's where I get confused.

I've always thought, "When I die, if I don't know the answers to all of these mysteries, I'm going to be really ticked off!"

Old 01-09-2014, 03:39 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,186,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post

Presumably you are living a life now, so just treat this stuff as a hobby and enjoy their stories.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:27 PM

23 posts, read 27,929 times
As a professional psychic I would say that some or all of these readings were B.S !!! Not every psychic is real, not every one is honest and we all have off days. I know my past lives because Ive had clear dreams w/dates, names, places etc that i was able to later research and verify. I dont trust what I hear from others unless it jibes with what i already dreamt or already sense. Best to not worry about past lives anyway. If theres one you need to know about , you will get a sign or dream.
Past lives are interesting but theyre past for a reason. Parallel lives? I believe as do most physicists. I have also channeled info on one of my parallel lives and later was told same exact thing by an energy healer/psychic i went to. For me, this is proof enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal