Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:17 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,996,363 times

Advertisements

Psychics have varying degrees of accuracy. For some the talent goes 'off and on' and yet they feel the compulsion to 'perform' if people are paying them good money for a reading.

Assuming that you went to a psychic and she/he did an accurate reading for you, did you change your life in any way because of it?

Does not knowing the future rob you of some of the fun of living?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 08:55 AM

861 posts, read 1,126,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Psychics have varying degrees of accuracy. For some the talent goes 'off and on' and yet they feel the compulsion to 'perform' if people are paying them good money for a reading.

Assuming that you went to a psychic and she/he did an accurate reading for you, did you change your life in any way because of it?

psychics are jokes

Old 10-07-2011, 09:36 AM

410 posts, read 743,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
psychics are jokes
I agree. I think psychics are entertainers, and nothing more.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 AM

I would propose that if you think they are ALL bogus that your experience is limited. I have met some who are real. One just approached me, uninvited, at a symposium. She told me about what I just had done but relayed it as a future event. I kind of ignored her because it was none of her business. Another was a teacher who had the gift, did not charge, did not advertise. A private person.

Anyway, neither reading really affected my life. We like to think of our choices as independent and our destiny being in our own hands. Psychics, peering into the future, seem to make the future seem much less malleable by human the will.

So, other than the rare times in which they are actually successful in crime solving, what good are they?

If someone contacts Aunt Tillie through a medium, of what use is that to me? Would I really believe it if my friend told me this happened to her?

I kind of think these talents exist more for each of us to develop our own rather than paying some third party for some reading. I think that developing psychic ability is the point more than the outer manifestations. It is a tool, similar to intelligence.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:30 PM

588 posts, read 1,016,297 times
pt barnum comes to mind

Old 10-07-2011, 01:10 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,922,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

I believe in some psychics however I don’t want to know the future.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:57 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,284,178 times
My mother had a cousin who was psychic. It was really strange to have her answer things you were thinking. I didn't know it till later, but it made sense the things she had said to him then.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:22 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,258,156 times
The psychic on The Mentalist makes me laugh every week.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
The psychic on The Mentalist makes me laugh every week.
Yeah. I believe in these things but very rarely watch fictional shows about them on tv.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:18 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,231,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
My mother had a cousin who was psychic. It was really strange to have her answer things you were thinking. I didn't know it till later, but it made sense the things she had said to him then.
Does being a sensitive (I hate the "P" word) run in your family?

It does in ours, mostly the women but every so often it shows up in one of the men. Saves us a lot on long distance calls too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal