Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 11:04 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,439,573 times

Advertisements

One thing I will add ...

We talk about having free choice in our lives, and of course we do. But many psychics say that on your life path, some events are changeable and some events are written in stone.

A psychic can read something in your future that is accurate at the time of the reading, but then circumstances change. But some things on your path are carved in stone and unavoidable.

So there is a lot of free will, but there is also structure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,439,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
If it is not personal, how do you find these accurate and seemingly level headed psychics?
Are you looking for one? If so, I can send you a name.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:27 PM

726 posts, read 1,233,971 times
From "time" to "time" I have the Gift, and I'll tell you it is not a gift one asks for. I have nothing to prove, so I'll say no more.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:57 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,023,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Are you looking for one? If so, I can send you a name.
Oh, thank you, but no, not really. I was just curious if you had a special method to approach the problem. If I were looking for one who was authentic, I would hardly know where to start.

Again, thank you very much for your kind offer.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:51 AM

11,519 posts, read 14,715,306 times
A sensitive/psychic can change a life, not on the information given, but helps people open up their minds. Not everything fits in a nice, neat litte envelope in life.There are things that exist,plenty of them, outside of what we've been taught or see or hear or think. If it opens up a person's mind, that's a good thing.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:57 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,999,618 times
Quote:
He saw in some psychics who charged hefty amounts that their ability did diminish. His never did. He had a college education and a regular job. He read as favors for friends and for those needy folks whom he happened to cross paths with.

It's an observation that I'm passing on, not a personal opinion.
I definitely understand what you mean. When I lived in NH, I traveled long distances to seek the services of healers and many of them charged $200 or $300 (and that was over 25 years ago) to see a patient, depending on how much their services were in demand. I guess I got pretty desperate as anyone who is in chronic, intractable pain can understand. I suppose if it worked for me, the money wouldn't have mattered so much.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:26 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,023,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I definitely understand what you mean. When I lived in NH, I traveled long distances to seek the services of healers and many of them charged $200 or $300 (and that was over 25 years ago) to see a patient, depending on how much their services were in demand. I guess I got pretty desperate as anyone who is in chronic, intractable pain can understand. I suppose if it worked for me, the money wouldn't have mattered so much.
I hope you've gotten some relief, Nancy.
I remember either Sixty Minutes or Twenty Twenty did a segment of this faith healer. I think it may have been in Brazil. John of God is what he went by. He only helped younger people, as I recollect, and there were pilgrimages of people who went to visit him from the States. I remember something about wearing white in his presence.

Anyway, the host, John Quinones, did not scoff at the entire operation, as you would think he would. Instead, he interviewed some people who had been either cured or greatly helped by this man, some of which had a doctor's verification before and after the session with John.

This stuck in my mind because he might be actually helping some people. It is said that man has various bodies of different levels of refinement (which is why when our physical body dies the rest do not. Each of these bodies is equipped to dwell on a different plane of existence - in my house there are many mansions, remember?). Before an illness manifests it distorts the astral body, which is what the psychics see or sense and may detect even before the disease manifests in the physical. A healer often heals the higher body which will eventually replicate in the physical. I don't think, if the ailment is karmic, that the healing will remain effective, though.

My grandmother, a Christian fundie, back in the old days would go to these tented revival meetings and people she knew were actually healed, but some had their ailments return later.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:58 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,999,618 times
Quote:
My grandmother, a Christian fundie, back in the old days would go to these tented revival meetings and people she knew were actually healed, but some had their ailments return later.
I've been to those too. The power of suggestion can be very strong. In the past, when I attended a healing service in a Pentecostal church, I'd fall backwards because I felt guilty. I mean, people are fainting all around you and some are talking in tongues while a voice in your head says "this is all nuts!" but when in Rome...

On the other hand, I once attended a healing group after several nights of insomnia and people gathered around me holding hands saying "Thank you, Jesus" over and over. I slept very well that night. Coincidence or a sign "if only you had more faith..."

Old 12-02-2012, 02:53 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,186,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
One thing I will add ...

We talk about having free choice in our lives, and of course we do. But many psychics say that on your life path, some events are changeable and some events are written in stone.

A psychic can read something in your future that is accurate at the time of the reading, but then circumstances change. But some things on your path are carved in stone and unavoidable.

So there is a lot of free will, but there is also structure.
A thought provoking post.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:26 PM

112 posts, read 177,815 times
Good God I hope not!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal