Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:15 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,139,283 times

Advertisements

Yes, we know!! you must be a newbie...if you are telling us this information at this late date...;-) EB passed in my state in late Feb/early March! i didn't say it was difficult, I just said it was more hoops, which it is. Just a reality statement. And my comment was specifically tailored to MM 2008, because she ALREADY filed a re-file claim, so her last post several weeks ago, she was complaining because she didn't understand why she had to re-file again, when they had already rejected her. A good question, imo. ;-) and yes, everyone has a slightly different situation, but the rules are generally the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganCap View Post
EUC and EB are two different things. EB only kicks in when employment in a state meets a certain % criteria determined by a formula, Michigan qualified in early January of this year. The job search for EB is not that bad, write down 3 places you looked for work for each week you are calling on and fax the form in prior to your call. Michigan wants you to go through and make sure you are not eligible for a NEW 26 week standard claim before you move into the EUC and EB, made sense to me, I was ALMOST eligible; that's why you have to do that. In all the calls I've made to UIA since being unemployed in January of 2008, they have been very nice, and done all they could to help me. Yes, I've waited on hold for 10+ minutes like everyone else, but that's a small price to pay to actually get paid. I have no complaints. 79 totaly weeks of bens. when Michigan leads the nation in unemployment, I think they are doing what they can to help us. GO MICHIGAN! LOL. (Now find me a job!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 06:26 PM

304 posts, read 1,435,789 times
Quote:
EUC and EB are two different things. EB only kicks in when employment in a state meets a certain % criteria determined by a formula, Michigan qualified in early January of this year. The job search for EB is not that bad, write down 3 places you looked for work for each week you are calling on and fax the form in prior to your call. Michigan wants you to go through and make sure you are not eligible for a NEW 26 week standard claim before you move into the EUC and EB, made sense to me, I was ALMOST eligible; that's why you have to do that. In all the calls I've made to UIA since being unemployed in January of 2008, they have been very nice, and done all they could to help me. Yes, I've waited on hold for 10+ minutes like everyone else, but that's a small price to pay to actually get paid. I have no complaints. 79 totaly weeks of bens. when Michigan leads the nation in unemployment, I think they are doing what they can to help us. GO MICHIGAN! LOL. (Now find me a job!)

what was you almost eligible for? the New claim or EB? Sorry didnt know if you got your EB determination yet.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:31 PM

Michigan wants you to go through and make sure you are not eligible for a NEW 26 week standard claim before you move into the EUC and EB, made sense to me, I was ALMOST eligible

Old 04-13-2009, 06:31 PM

Yeah Gea12345 I guess each time they make you do a new claim/and determination of regular benefits If your benefit year has past before they will send you on to the next step for any extended benefits.

I didnt think I was to do the EB application this early on but when I called the unemployment office she told me to go ahead and do it since I only had two weeks left of tier 2 at that time. Now I wonder how it works with these next 7 weeks added. Not sure if there is anything else to quailify, sounds like it is automatic. Will see what Marvin says tomorrow when I call I guess.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Michigan wants you to go through and make sure you are not eligible for a NEW 26 week standard claim before you move into the EUC and EB, made sense to me, I was ALMOST eligible

oh ok...you mean for a new claim...gotcha! Im like a walking zombie these days. My 1 year old is making me feel like I am 20 years older then what I am. He is exhausting me! *LOL* Lots of stresses right now too thats not helping my brain function!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:34 PM

46 posts, read 141,816 times
Quote:
Yes, we know!! you must be a newbie...if you are telling us this information at this late date...;-) EB passed in my state in late Feb/early March! i didn't say it was difficult, I just said it was more hoops, which it is. Just a reality statement. And my comment was specifically tailored to MM 2008, because she ALREADY filed a re-file claim, so her last post several weeks ago, she was complaining because she didn't understand why she had to re-file again, when they had already rejected her. A good question, imo. ;-) and yes, everyone has a slightly different situation, but the rules are generally the same.
Hardly a newbie since I've been collecting since Jan. of 2008. Funny, I thought this was a string about people being supportive and informative about collecting unemployment benefits...you have to file an new standard claim and then an EB claim, which is not re-filing the same thing...but don't worry, I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on...

Old 04-13-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom2008 View Post
Yeah Gea12345 I guess each time they make you do a new claim/and determination of regular benefits If your benefit year has past before they will send you on to the next step for any extended benefits.

I didnt think I was to do the EB application this early on but when I called the unemployment office she told me to go ahead and do it since I only had two weeks left of tier 2 at that time. Now I wonder how it works with these next 7 weeks added. Not sure if there is anything else to quailify, sounds like it is automatic. Will see what Marvin says tomorrow when I call I guess.

Well, good luck!! and I am obviously very thankful that I didnt' have to refile to get my EUC. Very painless! (and my benefit year has elapsed.) But I hope that things work out for you. I just came back from a week in Canada...so I thought you had told me about your call to the U.C. a couple weeks ago. I didnt' realize that was just to get over the re-file hurdle. Now you have to do the file E.B. hurdle! But at least it is there, since for many in other states it is not.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Well, good luck!! and I am obviously very thankful that I didnt' have to refile to get my EUC. Very painless! But I hope that things work out for you. I just came back from a week in Canada...so I thought you had told me about your call to the U.C. a couple weeks ago. I didnt' realize that was just to get over the re-file hurdle. Now you have to do to the file E.B. hurdle! But at least it is there, since for many in other states it is not.

oh yeah...did it before my tier 2 kicked in...had to file a new claim then too. that might be what you are remembering.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Hardly a newbie since I've been collecting since Jan. of 2008. Funny, I thought this was a string about people being supportive and informative about collecting unemployment benefits...you have to file an new standard claim and then an EB claim, which is not re-filing the same thing...but don't worry, I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on...

No..I think gea12345 meant new to this thread as a newbie.....you are very welcome here....its ok I dont even know if I make sense when I am typing right now!*LOL* I am so tired

Old 04-13-2009, 06:46 PM

Exactly and spot on. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment