Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 04:52 PM

304 posts, read 1,433,760 times

Advertisements

I know it is probably to early to know what is gonna happen for sure when our tier II unemployment benefits run out I have 4 weeks left. But please update here when and if the Extended benefits kick in for you. That way people will know the facts as to "What to expect" to happen in their states. I know there are threads with multiple websites and everyone is posting stuff that might happen, or is soon to happen....Post here EXACTLY what is happening currently in your state and particular situation. If you have 2 weeks left of tier II and you just received a letter from UIA with information about Extended Benefits....let us know stuff like that!

Please subscribe to this thread so you can find it later. Also if every visitor would post something so it keeps the thread current and so viewers can find us. Like.."I have 5 weeks left" or "1 week", "Im from California just waiting and watching", "I ran out 2 months ago and Nothing yet for us here in (whatever state)" you know...stuff like that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 04:58 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,125,989 times
Pennsylvania - hmmm , i have 3 weeks left of reg. u.c., have not received Emergency Unemployment letter yet. Wating !

Old 03-21-2009, 08:48 AM

359 posts, read 1,197,496 times
I have been on unemployment for 6 months. My original UI Benefits ran out 2 weeks ago. When my benefits reached 0, I immediately filled out the online EUC application. It was a quick process. I got my EUC benefits about a week after my regular UI ran out. It was very quick with me, I don't know about the other states.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
I have been on unemployment for 6 months. My original UI Benefits ran out 2 weeks ago. When my benefits reached 0, I immediately filled out the online EUC application. It was a quick process. I got my EUC benefits about a week after my regular UI ran out. It was very quick with me, I don't know about the other states.

COOL!! I was trying to get this answer a couple days ago. Thanks!!!

Old 03-21-2009, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 14,654 times
Hello, new here. I'm trying to keep up with what's going on with unemployment benefits.

Anyway, I'm located in AZ. Job market is non-existent here. I've exhausted tier II benefits (been out of full time work since January 08). There are currently no other benefits available to me

There are no Tier III benefits included in the 'Economic Stimulus Package', to my knowledge. Guess I will get nothing for now. Nice.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:15 PM

152 posts, read 627,237 times
I just got this off the NJ site: for the complete article see: Department of Labor and Workforce Development | Mar-20-09 New Jersey Qualifies for Federally Funded Extended Benefit Program (http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/lwdhome/press/2009/approved/032009_march_eb_release.html - broken link)

TRENTON March 20, 2009 – As of the week ending March 21, 2009, the state of New Jersey will qualify for the federally funded Extended Benefits (EB) program under the guidelines of the Federal-State Unemployment Compensation Act of 1970 and the New Jersey Extended Benefits Law.

[Excerpted information] As with regular unemployment insurance, after individuals exhaust their benefits they will be mailed notification about their eligibility for extended benefit programs including the EB program. Eligible individuals also will be mailed instructions on how to certify to receive the new benefits. Please note that there is no need to call or file a new claim to receive any of the extensions; the department automatically will enroll individuals to qualify for their next extension after their last check is mailed.

The first week that EB benefits are payable in New Jersey is the week ending March 21, 2009. Those who exhaust their Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) Tier II benefits on or after the week ending March 21, 2009 will be mailed a separate monetary determination and a separate letter explaining their rights and responsibilities under the EB program.

Individuals who exhaust EUC Tier II benefits the week of March 21, 2009, will receive an EB information packet by April 9, 2009. Any individuals exhausting EUC Tier II benefits after April 9, 2009, will receive their EB information packet within a few days after receiving their last EUC Tier II benefits.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by precisio View Post
I just got this off the NJ site: for the complete article see: Department of Labor and Workforce Development | Mar-20-09 New Jersey Qualifies for Federally Funded Extended Benefit Program (http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/lwdhome/press/2009/approved/032009_march_eb_release.html - broken link)

TRENTON March 20, 2009 – As of the week ending March 21, 2009, the state of New Jersey will qualify for the federally funded Extended Benefits (EB) program under the guidelines of the Federal-State Unemployment Compensation Act of 1970 and the New Jersey Extended Benefits Law.

[Excerpted information] As with regular unemployment insurance, after individuals exhaust their benefits they will be mailed notification about their eligibility for extended benefit programs including the EB program. Eligible individuals also will be mailed instructions on how to certify to receive the new benefits. Please note that there is no need to call or file a new claim to receive any of the extensions; the department automatically will enroll individuals to qualify for their next extension after their last check is mailed.

The first week that EB benefits are payable in New Jersey is the week ending March 21, 2009. Those who exhaust their Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) Tier II benefits on or after the week ending March 21, 2009 will be mailed a separate monetary determination and a separate letter explaining their rights and responsibilities under the EB program.

Individuals who exhaust EUC Tier II benefits the week of March 21, 2009, will receive an EB information packet by April 9, 2009. Any individuals exhausting EUC Tier II benefits after April 9, 2009, will receive their EB information packet within a few days after receiving their last EUC Tier II benefits.

Thanks Precisio! (still doesn't solve the wrangle as to whether N.J. has draconian rules before they will give you your E.B., but is definitely helpful!)

p.s. perhaps someone will scan a copy of N.J.'s info packet, for us to judge ;-))

Old 03-29-2009, 10:02 PM

304 posts, read 1,433,760 times
Anything kick in yet for anyone???

Old 03-30-2009, 11:45 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,806,956 times
California here. Ran out of regular benefits last Sept (only got like 4-5 months) , and didn't know I was eligible for any extended. Never got anything from them saying I was. Finally applied on the website and found I was eligible for 6 week extension, which I've now exhausted. It says I may be elibgible for the 2nd extension on their website, and they are "supposed" to automatically file it for me. Since that didn't happen the first time if it doesn't say anything when I get my last check this week I'll be on the website applying myself again.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:07 AM

3 posts, read 22,256 times
Question run out in minn

My trie 2 ran out on feb 24 and they say i dont qualify for another extension, because you had to run out during the week of april 4 or after . that sucks because i recieved a check for 25.oo on march 22. So does any one elese run in to this problem??? thanks all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment