Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:15 PM

10 posts, read 43,680 times

Advertisements

My benefits ended in middle of June. It was the 1st 26 weeks. From what I have read I should be able to get on tier 1 or something?

I hate CO benefits phone line, they have no hold system so if all the CSR are busy you get disconnected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 03:48 PM

225 posts, read 547,132 times
Yah, you will go to Tier 1 as soon as your state gets you processed again. Have a good day

Old 07-22-2010, 05:09 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,988,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydawg5143 View Post
My benefits ended in middle of June. It was the 1st 26 weeks. From what I have read I should be able to get on tier 1 or something?

I hate CO benefits phone line, they have no hold system so if all the CSR are busy you get disconnected
You should be eligible for Tier I -- which, under the new legislation, will be retroactive to mid June when you exhausted your regular benefits.

Because the time frames for actually making these retroactive payments can vary from state to state, check your state's DOL website regularly for updates on how quickly they expect to resume payment of benefits.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:44 PM

33 posts, read 245,047 times
so basically everyone who has just used his/her first 26 weeks is eligible to go to Tier I, or are there some exceptions? I'm asking this because I received my last check of my first 26 weeks last month, and didn't get a notice that I might be able to get extended benefits..

Old 07-22-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben_tu View Post
so basically everyone who has just used his/her first 26 weeks is eligible to go to Tier I, or are there some exceptions? I'm asking this because I received my last check of my first 26 weeks last month, and didn't get a notice that I might be able to get extended benefits..
You don't say what state you are in, but if you exhausted your regular benefits in June, you missed the May 23 eligibility cut-off date for Tier I. The new legislation extends that cut-off date through the end of November 2010 for the EUC Tiers program in all states, so you will now be eligible for Tier I -- retroactive to the date your exhausted your regular benefits.

You should receive notification shortly from your state UI. In the meantime, it's a good idea to check your state's DOL website for updates on how they will be administering the Tiers now that they have been extended.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:35 PM

10 posts, read 43,680 times
Thanks for the replies. I've been applying anywhere possible and haven't gotten but a few nibbles. Have an interview Monday that looks good

Old 07-23-2010, 01:25 PM

12 posts, read 24,299 times
If I'm on EB right now after my regular benefits ended...will i be switched to EUC? I'm in NC.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonhelper View Post
If I'm on EB right now after my regular benefits ended...will i be switched to EUC? I'm in NC.
The law requires that all federal benefits (EUC Tiers) be exhausted before state benefits (regular and EB) are paid. So most states who put people on EB while there is a break in the Tiers move those people onto the Tiers ASAP. Then after they complete the available Tiers, they can collect any EB they have remaining if it is still available at that time.

However, other states -- because of the way their systems are configured -- have the people exhaust EB before moving them to the Tiers.

Check your state DOL website for how they will be handling it. In addition, you should receive written notification from them shortly confirming how they will proceed.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,691 times
I just exhausted my Tier 4 benefits and still out of work. What happens now? Is there another type of extension because I have not collected 99 weeks of unemployment. I was laid off in April of 09.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:49 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,660,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
I just exhausted my Tier 4 benefits and still out of work. What happens now? Is there another type of extension because I have not collected 99 weeks of unemployment. I was laid off in April of 09.
You should have one more called EB and depending on your states unemployment rate you will get between 13 and 20 weeks. One cavity though is if the extension for unemployment doesn't get through congress in due time your EB will be cut off until it is extended most likely. There are a few exceptions to the rule but for most you will be cut off. There are posts within this forum with more detail about exactly what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment