Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
KP Engineering is building a new building across the street to the south of the current building at 5555 Old Jacksonville highway, I have not seen anything in the paper or seen a building permit on this, but just recently "security curtains" that you can't easily "see thru," have been "put up" over a fairly large, for Tyler, area. There is a building picture, of what's to be built" facing OJH, but I could not slow down enough safely, to "get" a good look.

Has anyone, seen, heard or read anything about the size of the building, or how many more employees are involved?

Months ago, I read in the Tyler paper KPE received, what I thought, was a sizable contract, but did not think/believe it would require this much more space. This would be good news, if they would continue to win contracts, these would be good paying jobs, plus the support jobs as well. Someone told me, or I read, that KPE was formed by former Howe Baker Engineer Employees. HBE once employed hundreds in Tyler.

For info on the building under construction please see
[url]http://kpe.com/kp-engineering-announces-plan-for-new-office-building-in-tyler/[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 01:48 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,086,306 times
So true, there hasn't been a plan for well over 10 years, there won't be a plan for, name the years, that is not Tyler's city elected, council mayor positions, among many other no-growth, or forward amenities "thinking" you would not be elected if you proposed to .... or just proposed, lol

A interesting note, I've posted before, lol, in the last year or two, Whitehouse asked Tyler mayor, council, city manger, or whoever, if Tyler would consider annexing WHITEHOUSE, wait you say !! Whitehouse is a city already, yep, Whitehouse officials stated, they wanted to check with Tyler officials FIRST to see if they would even be interested. Tyler of course, said NO THANKS, to my total "shock" lol, not. Tyler politely said, thanks but no thank you. Tyler was not required to offer a statement as to why the answer was no, but offered, "The area to be annexed MUST be next to Tyler's city limits, abutt Tyler's city limits." True but all Tyler would need to do, would be strip annex Highway 110 to the city limits of Whitehouse, that problem easily solved, no asking ANYONE for permission would be needed by Tyler, land in Tyler's ETJ, case closed on needing permission.

Whitehouse can not possibly annex right up next to Tyler's city limits, because that's Tyler's ETJ area No time to explain ETJ here. Whitehouse would have to ask Tyler, or Tyler just "give" the land, out of the "goodness of their heart," lol But the TRUTH be known, Tyler could not afford to annex, Whitehouse, the Tyler CITY property tax rate is so LOW, yeah low, that it could not provide services without a loss in providing those services.

Oh, the main reason Whitehouse wanted Tyler to "take me please" lol, was Whitehouse's tax rate is about 3 times, 300% HIGHER than Tyler's and the other reason, AT THAT TIME, now? was water needs. Also, other services I think, what was it, police problems, whatever.

More interesting about annexing by Tyler is: In the last two three years Tyler has literally GIVEN, given away large, huge sections of Tyler's ETJ, land in which TYLER could annex, now or in the future. Square miles, not just acres, of territory

Has anyone noticed, the Whitehouse, Chandler, Lindale, Bullard, city limits signs moving around. The latest is now Whitehouse, which has annex highway 110 up 110 North to near Loop 49 and erected a "welcome to Whitehouse" monument there, without Tyler ok, permission this was not possible.

Tyler officials, have said, they "just want to be a good neighbor" with these cities. Yep, good alright, giving Tyler's future away to other cities. NOT forward thinking, I think, yep, God may come tomorrow, but maybe not for hundreds of years or whatever, who KNOWS. But to just say, of we don't want to annex, so you can have all those square miles, because we, Tyler, will NEVER need it? lol. oh meeeee

Okay, enough already, you noticed, Tyler zig zagged or hop scotched around Knowlwood, did not annex it to get to the developer who asked Tyler to annex his land, a house can burn down in Knowlwood, while Tyler fire trucks attend to a fire a few blocks FARTHER "OUT" passed Knowlwood? or across the street. TYLER should not attend to those fires in Knowlwood, they are not paying for service, lol, nasty aren't I.

So yes, this whole article was to say, we city of Tyler, are not interesting in annexing anything, no plan, but at TIMES, I contend you should annex for the betterment of the ENTIRE city, yeah, I know, I know, those annexed might oppose.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asca View Post
For info on the building under construction please see
KP Engineering Announces Plan for New Office Building in Tyler – KP Engineering
Thanks !!

Old 07-05-2017, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,023 times
Quote:
Thanks !!
Also in the engineering sector, Veritas new office under construction in Whitehouse
[url]https://image-store.slidesharecdn.com/eff1ac64-46da-43bf-b4a6-969d64945526-original.jpeg[/url]

Old 07-05-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asca View Post
Also in the engineering sector, Veritas new office under construction in Whitehouse
https://image-store.slidesharecdn.co...-original.jpeg
Can't get the site to open, just me most likely.

Is it possible to copy and paste to city-data, so we can just "click" on what is ON city data, and it opens?

Yeah, technologically challenged lol, one of the many ways I'm "challenged"

Old 07-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
So true, there hasn't been a plan for well over 10 years, there won't be a plan for, name the years, that is not Tyler's city elected, council mayor positions, among many other no-growth, or forward amenities "thinking" you would not be elected if you proposed to .... or just proposed, lol

A interesting note, I've posted before, lol, in the last year or two, Whitehouse asked Tyler mayor, council, city manger, or whoever, if Tyler would consider annexing WHITEHOUSE, wait you say !! Whitehouse is a city already, yep, Whitehouse officials stated, they wanted to check with Tyler officials FIRST to see if they would even be interested. Tyler of course, said NO THANKS, to my total "shock" lol, not. Tyler politely said, thanks but no thank you. Tyler was not required to offer a statement as to why the answer was no, but offered, "The area to be annexed MUST be next to Tyler's city limits, abutt Tyler's city limits." True but all Tyler would need to do, would be strip annex Highway 110 to the city limits of Whitehouse, that problem easily solved, no asking ANYONE for permission would be needed by Tyler, land in Tyler's ETJ, case closed on needing permission.

Whitehouse can not possibly annex right up next to Tyler's city limits, because that's Tyler's ETJ area No time to explain ETJ here. Whitehouse would have to ask Tyler, or Tyler just "give" the land, out of the "goodness of their heart," lol But the TRUTH be known, Tyler could not afford to annex, Whitehouse, the Tyler CITY property tax rate is so LOW, yeah low, that it could not provide services without a loss in providing those services.

Oh, the main reason Whitehouse wanted Tyler to "take me please" lol, was Whitehouse's tax rate is about 3 times, 300% HIGHER than Tyler's and the other reason, AT THAT TIME, now? was water needs. Also, other services I think, what was it, police problems, whatever.

More interesting about annexing by Tyler is: In the last two three years Tyler has literally GIVEN, given away large, huge sections of Tyler's ETJ, land in which TYLER could annex, now or in the future. Square miles, not just acres, of territory

Has anyone noticed, the Whitehouse, Chandler, Lindale, Bullard, city limits signs moving around. The latest is now Whitehouse, which has annex highway 110 up 110 North to near Loop 49 and erected a "welcome to Whitehouse" monument there, without Tyler ok, permission this was not possible.

Tyler officials, have said, they "just want to be a good neighbor" with these cities. Yep, good alright, giving Tyler's future away to other cities. NOT forward thinking, I think, yep, God may come tomorrow, but maybe not for hundreds of years or whatever, who KNOWS. But to just say, of we don't want to annex, so you can have all those square miles, because we, Tyler, will NEVER need it? lol. oh meeeee

Okay, enough already, you noticed, Tyler zig zagged or hop scotched around Knowlwood, did not annex it to get to the developer who asked Tyler to annex his land, a house can burn down in Knowlwood, while Tyler fire trucks attend to a fire a few blocks FARTHER "OUT" passed Knowlwood? or across the street. TYLER should not attend to those fires in Knowlwood, they are not paying for service, lol, nasty aren't I.

So yes, this whole article was to say, we city of Tyler, are not interesting in annexing anything, no plan, but at TIMES, I contend you should annex for the betterment of the ENTIRE city, yeah, I know, I know, those annexed might oppose.

Just ran across this, I can't believe this was 7 years ago, there are no talks of Tyler annexing Whitehouse.

Plans halted in possible Whitehouse annexation - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Old 07-08-2017, 12:11 PM

Longview has not grown much since the 2010 Census, possibly there is thought by "some" there is a need to annex major areas before the April 1, 2020 Census, less than three years away. Figures here showing slow to no growth.

Longview city, Texas

July1, 2010 -- 80,584, -- July 1, 2011 -- 80,948, -- July 1, 2012 -- 81,148, -- July 1, 2013 -- 81,299, -- July 1, 2014 -- 81,391, -- July 1, 2015 -- 82,077, -- July 1, 2016 -- 82,055

Sorry, this cite won't let me copy and paste, and won't allow more spaces between all those numbers.

Last edited by Mark Senior; 07-08-2017 at 12:35 PM..

Old 07-17-2017, 06:26 PM

566 posts, read 390,864 times
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...evhKLgmWMh1Wog
I found this. It's about 3 years old. I knew Earl Campbell Rd was supposed to connect to Hwy 31 but I didn't know it was supposed to connect to Hwy 64
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...v9vC05P_AIc4Vg

Last edited by Jevon Green; 07-17-2017 at 06:34 PM..

Old 07-19-2017, 09:36 PM

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Fuzzy's Taco Shop to open in old Soju building on Old Jacksonville Highway

Old 07-19-2017, 09:38 PM

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Excel ER in Tyler to close its doors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler