Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 12:30 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,690,573 times

Advertisements

To what? I have to scratch my head every time I heard statements like those? Why do you want to bring this country back to slavery and Jim Crow? Do you realize that this country was founded on principles that only benefited the elite? Women weren't allowed to vote. Blacks weren't considered humans.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:34 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,095,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
To what? I have to scratch my head every time I heard statements like those? Why do you want to bring this country back to slavery and Jim Crow? Do you realize that this country was founded on principles that only benefited the elite? Women weren't allowed to vote. Blacks weren't considered humans.
How about not going back that far,just pre Reagan era where one income families could make a decent living

You should really consider changing your username if these are the type threads you are going to start.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:47 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,540,175 times
Quote:
Thats what the GOP sees as utopia

Old 02-11-2012, 12:48 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,173,232 times
If you have to ask, you will never know. Most of the best stuff in the world was made or designed by us at one time. A time where if you weren't the college type, or didn't have the money to go, you could still get a job that paid well. If a tycoon got out of line, he found a group of men waiting for him outside to "adjust" his attitude. He valued their hard work and efforts just as much as his own. Forget the cruise with 2k bottles of wine and lobster by the moonlight. He hosted a company picnic that had steaks, burgers and BBQ ribs for his employees. In turn, the employees would be driven to perform for him and may even die trying. He wasn't whispered about in the bathroom as the ****. His products were some of the finest things ever crafted and still praised items today. That's just for starters.

Rick Derringer - I Am a Real American - YouTube

Old 02-11-2012, 12:50 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,392,874 times
Quote:

Blacks were never not considered human. Where did you hear that?

Old 02-11-2012, 12:51 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,095,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
If you have to ask, you will never know. Most of the best stuff in the world was made or designed by us at one time. A time where if you weren't the college type, or didn't have the money to go, you could still get a job that paid well. If a tycoon got out of line, he found a group of men waiting for him outside to "adjust" his attitude. He valued their hard work and efforts just as much as his own. Forget the cruise with 2k bottles of wine and lobster by the moonlight. He hosted a company picnic that had steaks, burgers and BBQ ribs for his employees. In turn, the employees would be driven to perform for him and may even die trying. He wasn't whispered about in the bathroom as the ****. His products were some of the finest things ever crafted and still praised items today. That's just for starters.

Rick Derringer - I Am a Real American - YouTube
Rick Derringer....that's him AFTER he got saved.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Blacks were never not considered human. Where did you hear that?
Then tell me...what were they considered to be in Alabama circa let's say....1950?

Old 02-11-2012, 12:54 PM

25,856 posts, read 16,558,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
How about not going back that far,just pre Reagan era where one income families could make a decent living

You should really consider changing your username if these are the type threads you are going to start.
--Treat the native peoples of North America as equals and build a country with them together.

--Never allow slavery on the North American continent.

--Do not allow Admiral Perry to force relations upon the Japanese. The Pacific War never happens, no rape of Nanking and Hitler probably never declares war on the US. The US remains an agricultural and isolationist country. The Military-Industrial complex never arrises. Today we have a country much like Australia except more free. We cooperate with Great Britain for defense needs but have a very small military force ourselves. We are a wealth nation with very little debt.

--Adopt a listen first, shoot last foreign policy.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:57 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,173,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Rick Derringer....that's him AFTER he got saved.
It sure is!

Bullitt Car Chase (Full Scene) - YouTube

Old 02-11-2012, 01:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
If you have to ask, you will never know. Most of the best stuff in the world was made or designed by us at one time. A time where if you weren't the college type, or didn't have the money to go, you could still get a job that paid well.
Yes, backed up by a union!

Quote:
If a tycoon got out of line, he found a group of men waiting for him outside to "adjust" his attitude.
Please give an example.

Quote:
He valued their hard work and efforts just as much as his own. Forget the cruise with 2k bottles of wine and lobster by the moonlight. He hosted a company picnic that had steaks, burgers and BBQ ribs for his employees. In turn, the employees would be driven to perform for him and may even die trying.
Not out of his pocket.

A lot did die, due to lack of workplace safety laws.

Quote:
He wasn't whispered about in the bathroom as the ****. His products were some of the finest things ever crafted and still praised items today. That's just for starters.
What are you smoking? Everyone has always complained about their boss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies