Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 07:37 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,883,847 times

Advertisements

My favortie line was when Ramsey asked Seth (when he screwed up the meat) if his daddy was going to buy him some more. Ha ha ha! Seriously Ramsey, you didn't keep Charlie over Seth? I mean come on.
I could have done without the barfing scene and the butcher house.....more donkey calling and things for me!
I also don't like it when they are servers. I don't know why, but I like it better when they are cooking. But this is still my favorite show anyways !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 09:14 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Oh, I skipped over the entire first half of the show. I can't stand looking at all that without puking myself.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:26 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
If these people had a problem with a meat locker why are they in the food industry? That exercise they did naming the cuts and where they come from was taught in my 9th grade home ec. class!

I wouldn't have kept Seth for the fact of all the meat he wasted.

Did the girls have to eat the organ meats?
I grew up in a small town and we saw a cow butchered from beginning to end in like the 5th grade for a field trip! I can't believe they were freaking out! I didn't think they HAD to eat that stuff either. The polite thing to do would be to LEAVE the table if you are barfing, not do it right in front of everyone else who is trying to eat it. (btw, I love beef heart! Yummy!)

And the whole putting the right cuts on the body challenge-Um, Lacey I think had the lesser cuts in the front! Come on, anyone who cooks MEAT for a living should have a clue???

Lacey drives me nuts because my husband and I know someone just like her. I am from Nebraska so don't even get me started on the other lady. (we are not all like that! lol)
I wonder if Ramsey can send them all home and start over, they seem like a bunch of whiners.

Just wanted to add, I understand that some people would be grossed out by the butchering stuff. I just mean that they are in that industry so it shouldn't be a big deal, where do they think the meat comes from?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:34 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
I think it's "Stocker Seth" too, isn't it? He needed to go from the on-set. It's obvious he's being kept around for entertainment. There is no way on the Planet Earth Gordon Ramsey allows Stocker Seth to set FOOT in one of his places let alone run it. He's a JOKE.

Speaking of Joke, Colleen the Cullinary School Teacher - or Miss Manors, is like a deer in the headlights. She's lucky that Miss Piggy Lacey is around to take some of the heat.. That Pukefest was something else. What the ???? kind of punishment is that?

Well there are surely more than one "joke" cast mates on both sides. People not qualified to work at McDonalds let alone run a Kitchen. I for once would like to see Top Chef quality contestants in a season, just to see how it would play out, instead of this finding a diamond in the rough trip.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:08 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I think it's "Stocker Seth" too, isn't it? He needed to go from the on-set. It's obvious he's being kept around for entertainment. There is no way on the Planet Earth Gordon Ramsey allows Stocker Seth to set FOOT in one of his places let alone run it. He's a JOKE.

Speaking of Joke, Colleen the Cullinary School Teacher - or Miss Manors, is like a deer in the headlights. She's lucky that Miss Piggy Lacey is around to take some of the heat.. That Pukefest was something else. What the ???? kind of punishment is that?

Well there are surely more than one "joke" cast mates on both sides. People not qualified to work at McDonalds let alone run a Kitchen. I for once would like to see Top Chef quality contestants in a season, just to see how it would play out, instead of this finding a diamond in the rough trip.
I totally agree with this. I think ratings would be just as good if not better.

I still can't believe Seth and the filet business. Speechless about the entire thing!

Old 02-20-2009, 02:12 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Lacey labeling the brisket area with "bottom round" made me want to rattle whoever picked her for this show. She is clearly waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of her league. Pathetic - as Gordon would say!

She looks like she is in a constant state of stupor and suffers from bovine mouth syndrome - I swear when she talks I get the feeling that she's chewing her cud at the same time.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:57 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
And the whole putting the right cuts on the body challenge-Um, Lacey I think had the lesser cuts in the front! Come on, anyone who cooks MEAT for a living should have a clue???
Even the bottom round cut didn't give her a clue to the location?

Old 02-20-2009, 02:59 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Agree on Lacey! Even Gordo said something like "where would you expect to find a bottom"? LOL!

Oh, forgot that Giovanni, Mr Steakhouse himself, can't even warm up a piece of meat much less cook it properly! What's up with that?

Old 02-20-2009, 11:32 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
So ..... are you donkeys ready for next week??? I am!!!

Old 02-21-2009, 10:58 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Agree on Lacey! Even Gordo said something like "where would you expect to find a bottom"? LOL!

Oh, forgot that Giovanni, Mr Steakhouse himself, can't even warm up a piece of meat much less cook it properly! What's up with that?
It seemed like every one of his steaks were coming back. How hard is it, especially if that is what your background is? Scary. Makes me think twice about eating out. (all the raw food, like the shrimp, that they were sending out)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV