Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 11:44 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,126,480 times

Advertisements

I was somewhat confused because Jay was called and I thought he was going home, so then instead he asks for Colleen's jacket??? Then I thought, "well, okay, Jay AND Colleen are going home." Nope. Just Colleen. I think that little prissy Carol needs to go next. I think it should be Carol or Robert or Lacey or ... ALL THREE! I'm getting kinda tired of Carol's snooty attitude.

I think Lacey did well tonight, but overall, her performance has been bad and I don't believe she has what it takes to be an executive chef of some major 5-star restaurant. I thought Colleen had a better shot at it than Lacey only because of Colleen's ability to take all the sh*t and not react to it and get emotional. Colleen would do well in a law firm.

That Jay ... I don't know about that guy. He's so laid back and quiet, almost unnoticeable, but he seems to screw everything up!

Robert needs to go. He hs WAY too much emotional baggage for working in the FOOD industry!

I thought it was a good show tonight. Next week looks like it's going to be even more entertaining with the bar mitzvah and all those unruly kids.

I taped the show on my DVR so my husband can watch it tomorrow night when he's home and because the show started late, it cut off who got eliminated and the previews and a bunch of the contestant's comments. I'll have to clue him into what happened. He's not gonna be a happy camper!

Oh, and there was one part of the show where, I think it was Jay, said something about he hates feeling like a donkey or something like that. I busted out laughing at that one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 12:23 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,949,280 times
Colleen! 'Nuff said!

Old 03-06-2009, 06:46 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,893,719 times
TwinkleToes I was laughing when J said that about being a donkey. Awesome. I thought Robert was gone...Collen cracked me up when she said at the end maybe Chef would come to her school. I think the fact that she HAD a school made him angry from the get go. It was good to see Lacey at least have one good night and the team rallied and help to lift her up. I still don't see her as the winner though. There are some silent contestants in this game that I have a feeling will be along until the end.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:53 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,590,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I don't get why La nominated Andera instead of Collen, I thought she wanted to get rid of the "dead weight" anyway?
Maybe she nominated Andrea because chances are she thought "There's absolutely no way Ramsey will send her home".

I think Lacey isn't as horrible as when she first started out, but she's still not that good.

That J guy is something else. He sucks. I didn't know he was on the show until last week, when Ramsey was yelling at him. I must have completely skipped over him. He's just not a noticable character.

Yep, it was Colleen's time, and she had to go. I just have a feeling she doesn't have a career in a cooking school anymore. There is absolutely no way.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:08 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,399,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
Yep, it was Colleen's time, and she had to go. I just have a feeling she doesn't have a career in a cooking school anymore. There is absolutely no way.
I'd say her business will be better than before - she's a "celebrity" now.
What makes you think the people who pay for non-accredited cooking schools have good judgement?

Old 03-06-2009, 10:41 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,737,350 times
I loved the body slam on Colleen at the end. Nice surprise. Why in the world people would actually pay her to teach cooking I do not understand, because she has no clue.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:05 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,484,280 times
Neither do they. That's why they are looking to learn.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:12 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,546,881 times
From the perspective of actually cooking and running a restaurant - that bucket full of scallops Robert trashed is not a good sign of someone who wants to be a top chef. Scallops require very little time to cook and are on the expensive side so if he kept messing them up and tossing them, I wouldn't put up with that for a minute. It's just as bad as Seth butchering the filet.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:17 AM

8,822 posts, read 10,296,736 times
I don't think Collens cooking school is going to have a lot of people coming by either. She left the oven open, served rock hard dessert, did not receive one complient from Ramsey before being kicked off(at least I can't think of one).

I think J is going home next week unless he has a flawless dinner service.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:46 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,126,480 times
I think those bar mitzvah kids are gonna put me over the edge next week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV