Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 05:35 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,786,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I have to aggree, I don't mind Randy but liked the others better. the other woman was a bore... yawn ! Ellen would be interesting but probably only for tryouts. I doubt there will be the same interaction between here and Simon... he just doesnt have the right plumbing.

guess I'd rather spend my time working on an RE transaction than watch so doubt I will see any of it. Way too much to do,
I agree with you 100%. I never really cared for Kara, Paula was crazy... but likeable, Simon is the best, and Randy good. Ellen will be funny, but it won't be the same.

I have a feeling this show won't be around too much longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 03:28 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,859,110 times
I agree that this show is on the way out. I think this season will be the last really popular one. If Simon is gone the show is gone. Everybody looks forward to what he's going to say; it makes the show. Ellen will be funny and I'm looking forward to seeing her. Paula was nice but probably too nice; she made me nervous half the time and I fast-forwarded her reviews. Randy is pretty fun to watch. Kara is just there so far. Let's hope they come up with better themes this year.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:29 PM

18,576 posts, read 31,874,661 times
Ellen has no meaning on the show what so ever. She is a commedienne (sp) not a singer, nor has she any knowledge on singing. She is going to make a mockery out of the show.
I can't imagine why on Earth they would have selected her for a judge.

Luckily, I'm not that a big fan.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:11 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,740,720 times
Exclamation American Idol Season 9 - anyone else excited?

I'm SOOO happy Paula won't be there this year, thrilled that Kara and Ellen will.

I can't wait to see the auditions.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:12 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,416,001 times
I like Ellen's humor, but can't figure out why they would have her as a judge. I think this is a bad career move for her. It's not a good fit -- like they keep telling the singers - you have to find a song that is the right song for you. This is NOT the right song for Ellen.

I remember when Mark Victor Hanson (Chicken Soup for the Soul co-author, and very successful motivational speaker) was on Bill Maher's Politically Incorrect. It was awful. Mark was out of his element, and couldn't contribute anything. It made him look bad and it was counterproductive for the show to have him on there. IMHO that is what will happen with Ellen. I wonder if she will last the entire production. Paula was goofy, but she was fun.

If I were in charge, I would have dumped DAAAWWWG Randy DAWWWWG. YOU know Dawwwggggg.

Ok, I'm fine now. Just had that twitch...

Old 01-06-2010, 08:26 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,119,644 times
here is a novel idea--why not TRY to get actual successful musicians as the judges(one more show i'm adding to my "don't bother watching list"

Old 01-06-2010, 08:48 AM

18,576 posts, read 31,874,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
here is a novel idea--why not TRY to get actual successful musicians as the judges(one more show i'm adding to my "don't bother watching list"

Lets get an AMEN in the house !

Old 01-07-2010, 08:07 PM

559 posts, read 656,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
I like Kara and wish it was just three judges; four gets a bit cumbersome to hear all of their opinions.
Agreed...

Last year they kept running over, I'm really surprised they decided to add a fourth judge.

I wonder what they plan on doing to make each episode finish on time.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:59 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,740,720 times
It wasn't the judges who kept the show running over, it was the damn commercials. They had so many that each show ran over.

well, I'll just be the only thrilled about Ellen. At least she's sober, sane and knows what folks like to hear.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:47 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,496,487 times
Simon Cowell Worries It Could Get 'Uncomfortable' With Ellen (http://ca.tv.yahoo.com/blog/simon-cowell-worries-it-could-get-uncomfortable-with-ellen--898 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV