Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 08:19 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,571,402 times

Advertisements

Ok....I understand someone being "sensitive" about the term "the blind guy"

But sorry, I think you're being a bit too PC. Not everybody's memory is working when these things are being posted so to single him out from someone else, the perfectly natural thing to do would be to call him the "blind guy". No insults are intended, it's just an identifing trait.
What's insulting about saying someone's blind? nothing.

No more than calling Adam the gay guy...no we don't care that he's gay...it's just a way that he stands out. OMG Meghan is the tattoo arm..Danny has crooked teeth.

So what? As long as people stick to facts and no insulting terms are made up, I see nothing wrong with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 08:53 AM

170 posts, read 454,248 times
Kali's Grandma gets it

Looking forward to tonight to see what Adam will come up with next. He grabbed my attention just like David Cook did last season!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:13 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,504,051 times
Adam has my attention for sure. I would like to refere to him today as Adam with the elvis eyes. Can't wait for tonight

Old 03-31-2009, 10:03 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,359,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Adam has my attention for sure. I would like to refere to him today as Adam with the elvis eyes. Can't wait for tonight

Me too Chick!! I like JT *Justin Timberlake look a like though!! He is my #1. I have no idea why he was in the bottom threee instead of the blind guy !! How he got through..I think because Stevie Wonder performed...and Stevie would have been po'd if he was let go!! just my take lol..

Old 03-31-2009, 10:14 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,473,028 times
Quote:
Adam surprised us the last three weeks, and though on one hand I worry that he may run out of surprises, on the other hand I know he possesses thousands of them, he's the well of creativity.

Can't wait for tonight, neither.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:04 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,544,374 times
I missed what kind of music they are doing tonight?

Old 03-31-2009, 02:42 PM

18,100 posts, read 27,569,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIAINMT View Post
Something is really bothering me and I just have to speak up! ...still calling him "blind guy" or things like that. That's so disrespectful...
Well... you did put the smiley face in there. So we know you're not trippin' on it too hard.

Well just let us call him
Greatest American Hero then. See, he has other features we can pick on.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Adam surprised us the last three weeks, and though on one hand I worry that he may run out of surprises, on the other hand I know he possesses thousands of them, he's the well of creativity.

Can't wait for tonight, neither.
I just have this feeling that he wil do well, no matter what type of music they have to do. He is a star. I just got dvr so I can watch it over and over and over and over again

Old 03-31-2009, 05:50 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,473,028 times
Quote:
I just have this feeling that he wil do well, no matter what type of music they have to do. He is a star. I just got dvr so I can watch it over and over and over and over again
Nice idea, I'll have to look into DVRs... I relied on YouTube videos, but Fox keeps removing them for trademark reasons... Yes, you can watch him over and over, and it's never enough... it's a thrill to anticipate what he's got tonight...

Old 03-31-2009, 07:17 PM

Default Spoiler alert

My gosh can Adam be any better. He is amazing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV