Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 01:00 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,125,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
WHAT????? So, instead of being in the Cougar Club, you are actually a "Cougar Cub"?? That's alright - you have provided us with plenty of eyecandy! Keep the pics coming! Please?
Awwwwwwww. I like it! Cougar Cub!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 01:19 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,458,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
So why do y'all vote so much if the votes probably don't get counted anyway?

"230 million potential votes never got through, much less got counted"

All it says that the show's format has over-grown the technological capacity. Maybe those who got through do represent the rest on average, but maybe not.

I think they need to limit the public vote: allow only one (or up to ten) vote(s) per phone number.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Adam is the "trendy gay friend" - it's trendy to have a gay friend now. He's it.
\
Please don't think you speak for all women. Some of us don't give a fig about anyones sexuality but our own and our partners. Truly. Adam is beautiful and amazingly gifted. There is nothing "trendy" about it. Why are people expected to declare if they are gay? Do you go around introducing yourself as "Hi, I'm (insert name here) and I'm straight?

Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,458,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
\
Please don't think you speak for all women. Some of us don't give a fig about anyones sexuality but our own and our partners. Truly. Adam is beautiful and amazingly gifted. There is nothing "trendy" about it. Why are people expected to declare if they are gay? Do you go around introducing yourself as "Hi, I'm (insert name here) and I'm straight?
Yes, I oddly found this time with Adam that I just don't care about his orientation. Whatever he possesses, makes us (me) get pass that and just enjoy him as a being/artist.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:50 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,547,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Actually Rueben is very successful in the gospel world. I never hear Taylor on the radio...or see him on interviews.....why do you think that is? Rumors floating around said he was quite a "Diva" on AI...and they couldn't wait to be done with him. Did you catch the look on Simons face when Taylor was on this year??? lmao

I like Taylor too...just don't think he's the idol type....Daughtry has been more succesful you can't deny that.
I've never claimed that Taylor Hicks was the Idol type.
I like him because he's not the cookie cutter Pop star.....he was NOT a fiasco.
I seem to remember Simon standing and applauding.

I really wish people would get off the Taylor Hicks bashing. He's a very talented singer and performer.....in another genre...Blues/Rock.

I like Daughtry also...but because he tends to sound the same on every song, I don't buy his music.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I've never claimed that Taylor Hicks was the Idol type.
I like him because he's not the cookie cutter Pop star.....he was NOT a fiasco.
I seem to remember Simon standing and applauding.

I really wish people would get off the Taylor Hicks bashing. He's a very talented singer and performer.....in another genre...Blues/Rock.

I like Daughtry also...but because he tends to sound the same on every song, I don't buy his music.
I liked Taylor Hicks on his season, but I think he would have been more successful if he hadn't won. A lot of his appeal was that he was very likable and that got lost with such a long time of hearing nothing at all about him. I do like the blues/rock genre a lot too though. Describing my playlist as ecclectic is an understatement. I have everything from DMX to Billie Holiday to Kevin Quain (Oh and it just hit me, nuala, you may actually know who Kevin Quain is!).

Old 05-07-2009, 02:18 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,683,930 times
Oh boy....no ones bashing Taylor...I just don't think he has made as much $ for them as other idols have..... he had the lowest selling debut album....thats what I meant by fiasco.

Mook ..you sound like me..I have everything from Tony Bennett...Etta James....to Disturbed and Buckcherry on my ipod....lol in fact I have two ipods... might have to get a special one just for Adam..tee hee!!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:22 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,683,930 times
Quote:
\
Bravo.....well said sister!

Now onto more important subjects...What should Adam sing next week?? This is going to take me a while...but you girls go ahead and get started. I know for sure I would still like to hear him do Dont Stop Believing...but we dont have much time left ..so I think I might need to think of some others too.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:47 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,715,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
The teen/tween girls will look at stuff like this (up until this last vote):

They even don't care that he's got a Barbie wife who has claws, as the signs in the audience have the "kiss me Kris" a few feet away from her. yikes on the common sense, kiddies...

The "older" women are voting for Adam because again, even at their age level it's "trendy" to have a hip gay friend. But, his style of singing is such that he hits a variety of years. Some of his stuff sounds very "90s" and other stuff 80s, and he's just shown he can revive the 70s, too. Once we hit our 40s, we start thinking back to the "old days" before the kids, the income tax, mortgages, etc... and Adam's style of singing is like listening to a modern oldies rock station - and the 30s, 40s (and 50s) crowd likes that. He'll most likely win in the end as the older generation kicks in and votes more.

Kris - as my Sister (47 years old) said while watching it - "He's a cute thing, but I'm not falling for that crap anymore, let the kids have him".

Let's just hope that one day when she's 50-something she doesn't wind up on stage in a lace bustier, lip-syncing in shadows and smoke like someone wound up doing.

1st, I love your sister, lol.

2nd, did not know Kris is married. I thought he was only 20 or so. which doesn't mean he can't be married, just...

3rd, I'm 36. I don't vote for Adam b/c he's gay (although I get bi vibes from him), but b/c of your 2nd reason - he's got it when it comes to remembering life before these people who live here and inhale my food and money.

4th, love your take on Paula.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:50 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,715,135 times
Quote:
\
"Hi, I'm (insert name here) and I'm straight?
OOOH! I want to use that as my title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV