Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 11:34 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,544,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
That's what they will sing. America will still vote. Although, that may be an unfortunate thing considering last night.

Ahhhh...but usually what the judges pick is the exact right song for them....remember Katherine McFee's Over the Rainbow? Simon picked it.

I'll be watching what Simon and Kara pic for who......

And I too don't get the sympathy votes for Danny. It hasn't been mentioned since the very beginning of the show.

Here's food for thought.....how do you think it would be different if Danny's friend that auditioned with him made it in instead of Tatiana?
He was much better. hmmmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 11:36 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,535,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
I just had a deja vu shudder... what if Tatiana had made it this far... YIKES! LOL

I would have stopped watching AI long time ago! Once she opened her mouth after she sang nailed that coffin!

Old 05-07-2009, 11:54 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Adam have mercy!! Why are you turning me into a teenager??? Why do I feel like running and buying this magazine ???
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha (Twirls evil faux mustache)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Ahhhh...but usually what the judges pick is the exact right song for them....remember Katherine McFee's Over the Rainbow? Simon picked it.

I'll be watching what Simon and Kara pic for who......

And I too don't get the sympathy votes for Danny. It hasn't been mentioned since the very beginning of the show.

Here's food for thought.....how do you think it would be different if Danny's friend that auditioned with him made it in instead of Tatiana?
He was much better. hmmmmmm
I wasn't very clear with my comment. I like that the judges get to pick a song. The unfortunate part was in reference to Allison going last night instead of Danny. I really liked Danny during auditions, but he's completely lost all appeal for me now. I agree with you about the sympathy vote though since he obviously didn't arrange for his wife to die so he could win AI. It's just part of his story and if it touches some people, so be it. I would have loved to see Jamal in the competition. I still can't understand why he wasn't chosen.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:03 PM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
So why do y'all vote so much if the votes probably don't get counted anyway?

"230 million potential votes never got through, much less got counted"

Old 05-07-2009, 12:08 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times
Quote:
Technically, I don't believe any of those are considered Glam rock. I think the Glam era basically ended when Bowie retired his character back in the 70's. But, I could be wrong cause even though I pretend to belong to the cougar club, that really was before my time. Please don't kick me out girls!!! I'll find more pants pics! Pinky swear! I'm begging here!

Oh and just cause it's bright and sunny now and the rain has stopped, I have a secret. Shhhhhhhhhhh. Daughtry wears eyeliner too!!!
WHAT????? So, instead of being in the Cougar Club, you are actually a "Cougar Cub"?? That's alright - you have provided us with plenty of eyecandy! Keep the pics coming! Please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Adam is a good guy playing the bad boy... I think everyone can see that he is a goody goody at the core... So technically he should appeal to both - those inclined to love bad boys and those inclined to love good boys.
I totally agree - that is my take on him too!
Quote:
Your wish is my command and yes guyliner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mercy.
Mercy is right! Holy Cheese and Rice!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 12:17 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,544,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
So why do y'all vote so much if the votes probably don't get counted anyway?

"230 million potential votes never got through, much less got counted"
Were they counted in Florida?

Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 PM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
You can google it and find a lot of reasons why it might not be worth the time and/or the money to call in, text in, etc.

But the phone companies probably love it.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:42 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,683,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I've bought every this Taylor Hicks has put out....maybe you might mean Rueben Studdard too?
Actually Rueben is very successful in the gospel world. I never hear Taylor on the radio...or see him on interviews.....why do you think that is? Rumors floating around said he was quite a "Diva" on AI...and they couldn't wait to be done with him. Did you catch the look on Simons face when Taylor was on this year??? lmao

I like Taylor too...just don't think he's the idol type....Daughtry has been more succesful you can't deny that.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:55 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,897,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
You're looking at this from an adult point of view. Which is all well and good, but most of the voters are traditionally teens and preteens and they could care less if Kris has a "pure voice" or not.
The teen/tween girls will look at stuff like this (up until this last vote):

Allison could be "their best friend" to go shopping with, be their cool hip BFF, etc. I'm not sure why they didn't keep her in this round (of course the "voting setup theory" could play a roll, too). Maybe it was the Joplin thing - most of those kids have no idea who that was.

Adam is the "trendy gay friend" - it's trendy to have a gay friend now. He's it.

Kris is in it purely for looks. He's got that impish "I have no clue I'm good looking, but really yeah I'm very aware of it", look. He's a hormone release for the girls, and nothing more at this point. They even don't care that he's got a Barbie wife who has claws, as the signs in the audience have the "kiss me Kris" a few feet away from her. yikes on the common sense, kiddies...

Danny is seen by these little girls as the cool Big Brother. He's too old in both appearance and actions for them to drool over, but they want to hang out with him like a big Bro. I do think the younger girls have a soft spot for this past, though have no clue how much that would influence their vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
In addition, a lot of 30/40+ women love Adam and he's got them in his corner also.
The "older" women are voting for Adam because again, even at their age level it's "trendy" to have a hip gay friend. But, his style of singing is such that he hits a variety of years. Some of his stuff sounds very "90s" and other stuff 80s, and he's just shown he can revive the 70s, too. Once we hit our 40s, we start thinking back to the "old days" before the kids, the income tax, mortgages, etc... and Adam's style of singing is like listening to a modern oldies rock station - and the 30s, 40s (and 50s) crowd likes that. He'll most likely win in the end as the older generation kicks in and votes more.

Kris - as my Sister (47 years old) said while watching it - "He's a cute thing, but I'm not falling for that crap anymore, let the kids have him".

Allison per the older folks I've heard from say she's going to have a great future, but again, she's still a kid. Not yet "deserving" of a win, but we know we'll see her again someday once she matures physically and in style, too. Hence, few votes from the Seniors. Let's just hope that one day when she's 50-something she doesn't wind up on stage in a lace bustier, lip-syncing in shadows and smoke like someone wound up doing.

Danny is kinda in limbo with the olders. He's good, but it's hard to "jive" fully with him. He's almost too funky for the older ones, too big bro-ish for the kids... the hip nerd who ALMOST fits right in, but not quite. He'll still have a good career somewhere, though.

One thing's for sure, there WAS a lot of talent this year.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:57 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,683,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Actually, Nirvana's first record (Bleach) was released in '89. Their second one (Nevermind) was released in '91; as was Pearl Jam Ten. Glam rock was done in the 80's.

Adam may be better off not winning. He may be stifled by the AI producers and turn off some of his avid fans (like you!)
Nirvana did not reaaaaly take off until 93..end of 92.in that they didnt have a major effect on the scene until then.Most people heard Nevermind before they heard Bleach..lol....I was booking clubs in Calilifornia back then and thats when the glam hairband rock started going down hill. All my rocker friends started cutting their manes off then too...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV