Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 09:04 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I love this post! LOL Certified Anoop Hater! That's funny!! But, I thought he did okay tonight. I liked Kris too, although I'm not familar with the song. Allison's nose looked red during the rehearsal and I wondered if she was feeling well then. It wasn't my favorite performance of hers. Lil needs to go! Neither Matt or Danny did well IMO either. Loved loved Adam! Shocking. I know.
Awwww...well, I can't hate on Anoop - he seems like a genuinely nice guy. And tonight he had a GREAT performance - you gotta give him credit where credit is due.

I think Matt or Lil goes home next. Lil had so much promise, she just hasn't delivered - I'm really disappointed in the way things have gone for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 09:06 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,814,818 times
In complete agreement with those who say Lil has to go home. It's a shame, too, as I thought she had great potential in the beginning.

Kris grows and grows on me every week, and I think he did great, but I just wasn't sure about the song choice.

LOVE the song Allison sang, but something about her seemed a little off tonight.

Thought Anoop did great, but I'm ready to see him go home too.

Wish Matt would be more consistent and do what he does best.

Adam was totally in his element as a rocker with that song. Sometimes I think he overdoes the screaming, but it seemed to work with "Born To Be Wild." That's just what it was -- WILD!!!

Danny didn't do it for me tonight, though I like the song he sang.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Awwww...well, I can't hate on Anoop - he seems like a genuinely nice guy. And tonight he had a GREAT performance - you gotta give him credit where credit is due.
Oh, I don't hate Anoop. I just thought the post was really funny.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:14 PM

659 posts, read 1,760,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

I think Matt or Lil goes home next. Lil had so much promise, she just hasn't delivered - I'm really disappointed in the way things have gone for her.

lovesMountains.... it's not a Genuinely Nice Guy competition, it's a SINGING competition! C'mon now!!

No credit for Anoop... against the law in Anoop Hatersville.

Actually - my REAL problem with Anoop is his penchant for sweater vests. I find that fundamentally offensive and therefore can't, in good conscience, vote for anyone who repeatedly wears sweater vests. Ick.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
lovesMountains.... it's not a Genuinely Nice Guy competition, it's a SINGING competition! C'mon now!!

No credit for Anoop... against the law in Anoop Hatersville.

Actually - my REAL problem with Anoop is his penchant for sweater vests. I find that fundamentally offensive and therefore can't, in good conscience, vote for anyone who repeatedly wears sweater vests. Ick.
LOL at the sweater vests!! My 3 year old likes Anoop. Tonight he said, "Momma, that guy, he's a good singer. I like that guy." LOL Of course, his dad is indian so maybe it's a kindred feeling.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:27 PM

659 posts, read 1,760,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
LOL at the sweater vests!! My 3 year old likes Anoop. Tonight he said, "Momma, that guy, he's a good singer. I like that guy." LOL Of course, his dad is indian so maybe it's a kindred feeling.
LOL!!!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:34 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
You know maybe this is my problem with Adam the signature screaming you talk about. Just doesn't do it for me although I am well aware I am in the minority. I can see him on broadway and really successful at it. My question though is if he is so great and from what I have read on him, he has been trying to get a recording contract all this time, why hasn't he gotten a recording contract? Especially if what earliers posters were saying about the contract with AI, in essence the producer of AI owns you after you win. I would prefer to lose and get picked up by someone else where I would have more input. JMO
Regardless of the contract AI is killer exposure!!! You can get out of any contract.....Clay got out of his. Adam is already being considered for more Broadway type shows....if...lol....he doesn't win this thing. Sometimes it's not about being good enough to get a contract....timing..and conditions ...prior commitments play a part too. This kid has got it made no matter what happens. Even tarantino seems interested in him...lol

Old 04-14-2009, 09:42 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,387,035 times
I think Adam will get the most votes tonight. Kris's song was very difficult, but again, I must ask, what is wrong with these guys in song choice? Pick one the audience likes. The little girls who can dial faster than any of us oldsters can think want to recognize a song! Has as much to do with it as how good it sounds. Lil has to go. Matt will probably be in the bottom three. But I don't think Allison deserves to be in the bottom three. She did sound kind of sick. I tried voting for her in the first half hour, and got constant busy's -- now it's easy to get through. So c'mon, even if you thought Adam was the best tonight... he's safe. Give Ally a little love. (5701) She's really got a Janis Joplin voice and I would like to see Kris, Adam, and Alison in the final three... I like Anoop, but he doesn't "gots it."

Old 04-14-2009, 09:43 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,617 times
Didn't anybody see the movie "Once"? That is the movie that Kris's song Falling Slowly was from....good movie....great song and I was proud of Kris.....but...ADAM STILL OWNED IT!!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:01 PM

I didn't see it. My movie viewing consists mostly of the animated variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV