Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 08:59 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,508,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I thought the deal was if only ALL four of them agree on "yes", a unanimous agreement (I thought that's what I heard from Ryan)...
oh ok. I didnt know, but makes sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 09:03 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,730,117 times
OMG, what the hell is it gonna take to get Lil off the damn show?!!! SEND HER HOME. Sheesh.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:06 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,478,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
oh ok. I didnt know, but makes sense
But yes, it looked like the other judges forced it on Simon. "How many times have you been in the bottom three?" - that's not the line of a happy, content with his decision judge

Old 04-15-2009, 09:26 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,508,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
OMG, what the hell is it gonna take to get Lil off the damn show?!!! SEND HER HOME. Sheesh.
I was sure she was going home....I guess maybe if she just stood up there and did nothing maybe then she would be voted off. I wonder if they would of saved her. When Simon said "there is one I would save and I think you would be surprised"...or something to that effect. I wonder if he meant Lil? or was it Matt? or who knows what he is thinking.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:32 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,403,924 times
After watching Jennifer Hudson, Lil REALLY looks bad in comparison. Jennifer has such a clear, beautiful voice. Powerful. And SHE is a BIG Girl... or is Ryan just a little elf? She sings the way Lil did in her auditions. Hard to believe Jennifer was voted off. But I'm so happy she had that great part in DreamGirls and did so well after that.

I still don't know what y'all are talking about with the save. It's only 8:30 here and we are only half way through the show.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,595,943 times
To me Kris is the only good performer of the bunch. He can sing and play various instruments, that's talent....

Old 04-15-2009, 09:55 PM

515 posts, read 1,333,347 times
Why would they pick Matt Giraud? Everytime he tried to hit the high notes in his song yesterday, he failed miserably.

I adore Miley Cyrus though. Must be the teen queen in me =) Lol.

In my opinion, Adam was the only one worth watching in the whole group. Even Allison paled in comparison yesterday.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:53 PM

18,107 posts, read 27,590,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
To me Kris is the only good performer of the bunch. He can sing and play various instruments, that's talent....
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
Hi All! I loved Kris last night! The song he sang was from a movie called Once and the song is called Falling Slowly. I went on Youtube and saw the original and there is one with the lyrics. Great song! Beautiful lyrics, very romantic!

Adam didn't appeal to me last night. I have loved him in the past but just didn't see the rocker in him. I agreed with Simon on this one.
There is hope for the universe yet!

I'd like to invite you two to check out my Poll here... and maybe give Kris a little help! Thx in advance!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:26 PM

572 posts, read 805,317 times
Even though Anoop did better than usual, the bottom three choice was appropriate. I agree that Matt has least potential of those remaining to actually be an "idol".

At this point, Adam and Allison are the only two left with obvious star quality. Danny will probably make some good recordings later on but doesn't seem to "want it" bad enough for this competition.

Kris is okay but forgettable. As much as folks here have been ragging on Lil, she actually has a good voice but needs some better advice. Simon, having a longer memory, knows her "$$ potential" and would have used his "save" tonight instead of wasting it on Matt, who, as he notes, has absolutely no chance to win this competition.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 PM

515 posts, read 1,333,347 times
Anoop has lost his spark...what happened to that little firecracker who belted "My Prerogative?".

Kris is so milquetoast. Boring voice, bland personality, basically a nameless face in the vast ocean of Idol competitors.

Allison has a great voice-when belting high notes. I think she has trouble in her lower register with finding songs that her voice suits.

I don't like Lil. I think she pales in comparison to the big, churchy black female singers that Idol has had in the past. She's pretty weak compared to almost anyone left in the competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV