Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 06:26 PM

19,214 posts, read 16,696,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Peter Brickell did a good job today of covering for Peggy McKay when she got Bo and Roman's names mixed up.
I saw that. I wondered if maybe it was intentionally added to the scene to make it look as though Caroline might be developing dementia. She is about the right age for it. Maybe she'll be retiring from the show soon, too. That would be a relevant topic for the show to do. My own mother had dementia so I know the heartbreak of it and what it does to a family.

Quote:
So what do you think EJ has in mind for Rafe?
I think he's going to try something dastardly, Summerz. It would be so "EJ" to do something like that, snake that he is.

Quote:
Just watched Scandal Crest. Hilarious! Mrs. Sterling was the best. I want to see more!
I think it comes on once a week. The next episode is either this Friday or next. I agree. Pretty funny.

As for today. Poor Sami, gets the cold shoulder from Rafe. She'll probably take it personally. She always does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 07:06 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,621 times
I remember my Grandma watching The Edge of Night

The Edge of Night Titles 1973 - YouTube

kind of scaryy if you ask me

Now back to DOOL.....

Old 09-26-2012, 07:24 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
I saw that. I wondered if maybe it was intentionally added to the scene to make it look as though Caroline might be developing dementia. She is about the right age for it. Maybe she'll be retiring from the show soon, too. That would be a relevant topic for the show to do. My own mother had dementia so I know the heartbreak of it and what it does to a family.
On purpose. I didn't think of that. But remember last week when Caroline was bawling someone out on the phone for not sending something and Gabi and Nick whispered to her that the things napkins or something were right there and she signed for them that morning? So yes, maybe they are leading into her having dementia.

She has been looking so well these days, I thought she was going to be around for awhile now but maybe not.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
I remember my Grandma watching The Edge of Night

The Edge of Night Titles 1973 - YouTube

kind of scaryy if you ask me

Now back to DOOL.....
I just had to say I remember when that was on RADIO! My mom used to listen to that and Ma Perkins when I came home from school for lunch. Yes. I am old.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
On purpose. I didn't think of that. But remember last week when Caroline was bawling someone out on the phone for not sending something and Gabi and Nick whispered to her that the things napkins or something were right there and she signed for them that morning? So yes, maybe they are leading into her having dementia.

She has been looking so well these days, I thought she was going to be around for awhile now but maybe not.
Oh! I didn't know that. I missed last week. Well ... in light of that, I think this is something I'll be keeping an eye on. That may be where they are heading, with regards to Caroline.

It would make a good, albeit heart wrenching, storyline. Having gone through six years of dementia with my own mother, it's not an easy thing to watch but time heals and I think the writers could (hopefully) write it with sensitivity.

Not meaning to detract from the storyline but just had to add this. Many people don't know how to deal with a person who is slipping away from them. The show would be a good vehicle for them to depict how families deal with it and what resources are out there for them. The show addresses other sensitive topics, why not dementia? Just my two cents.

Now ... back to the show.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:08 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
I thought the same thing after that scene.

Who'd blame Peggy McCay if she wanted to retire? She's certainly earned it. And who'd blame her if she wanted to be able to enjoy the on-screen send-off for her character?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
Quote:
On purpose. I didn't think of that. But remember last week when Caroline was bawling someone out on the phone for not sending something and Gabi and Nick whispered to her that the things napkins or something were right there and she signed for them that morning? So yes, maybe they are leading into her having dementia. ...
I was going to post this. Caroline was arguing with a vendor/supplier because she hadn't recevied a delivery when Gabi reminded her that it arrived earlier that morning.

After watching the scene where Bo corrected Caroline when she called Bo, Roman, I realized that must be where the writers are taking the storyline. Even though I know otherwise, it would lead me to believe that mabye Bo would take over running the pub since Kayla FINALLY is back at the hospital where she belongs.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:01 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,621 times
Quote:
I just had to say I remember when that was on RADIO! My mom used to listen to that and Ma Perkins when I came home from school for lunch. Yes. I am old.
When it would come on the T.V. that was my cue to go outdoors and play or be quiet.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
When it would come on the T.V. that was my cue to go outdoors and play or be quiet.

Your comments got me thinking. I don't recall my mother ever listening to or watching soap operas on television. During the day, the radio was on a music station or there was a stack of records playing. If the TV was on, it was only for the news at noon. I never even gave it much thought until now. We rarely had the TV on during the day. And forget having a TV in the bedroom. Never happened. TV was turned on after dinner and turned off after Johnny Carson's show ended. I was in bed long before that, though. I wasn't allowed to stay up late until I got into junior high school. Whoa! That was way too much info for the soap thread.

Speaking of that .... Lucas sure had his panties in a bunch today when he saw Will and Sonny kissing. I'm not big on PDAs myself, no matter who is kissing.

And what's the deal with EJ just barging into Rafe's apartment? He's got a lot of nerve. I wish Rafe had blocked him at the door and say, "Hold up there friend. I didn't say you could come in." What happened to Rafe's backbone? Did he lose it somewhere?

Old 09-29-2012, 04:27 PM

I missed Friday's epi so I am going to watch online. I agree about PDA, it makes me uncomforable no matter who is doing it. And Salem is a small town so it's a bit more uncomfortable I would think for a parent to see his or her child no matter what the gender combination.

I will come back and give my very important comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV