Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 09:51 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,307,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I agree. Corey Monteith was extremely popular at the time of his death and had a very bright career ahead of him. His tragic death had a big impact on Hollywood this year and that is why he is being honored.

It's sad that anyone would complain about someone getting a tribute. They are acting like the tribute is an Emmy category to compete for. It's not a contest.

If Jack Klugman's sons want him to have a individual tribute than they should do that for him on their own with their friends and family. Not complain when someone else doesn't do it for them. It makes them look incredibly petty.
You are missing the point of this thread.

Let's say you have worked for a company for 40 years made many accomplishments in your field and I get hired been working for 2 years I make 1 or 2 accomplishments in the same field. You pass away and a few months later I'm killed now the company we both worked for is holding a memorial for me with catered lunch for all the employees & their families and everybody sitting around talking about me. Your family would not have a problem knowing your contributions and were loyal to this company for 40 years yet they are only giving a 2 year employee recognition? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 09:59 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,784,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Let's say you have worked for a company for 40 years made many accomplishments in your field and I get hired been working for 2 years I make 1 or 2 accomplishments in the same field. You pass away and a few months later I'm killed now the company we both worked for is holding a memorial for me with catered lunch for all the employees & their families and everybody sitting around talking about me. Your family would not have a problem knowing your contributions and were loyal to this company for 40 years yet they are only giving a 2 year employee recognition? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Wouldn't let me rep ya, but this is a PERFECT example!!

Old 09-22-2013, 11:04 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,648,981 times
I don't think people are upset so much that Monteith is getting a tribute as they are that Klugman isn't. Jack Klugman should be getting recognition not matter what.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:41 PM

11,697 posts, read 12,889,970 times
Monteith should have been included in the montage, but no way was he in the same league as Jean Stapleton and Jonathan Winters.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:13 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,636,991 times
I think honoring the departed is nice, but.....giving Cory Monteith his own tribute and passing over Klugman and Hagman would be like honoring Miley Cyrus and skipping Liza Minellii or Linda Ronstadt.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,636,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Exactly!!! Tried to rep you but I gotta spread it around!

Old 09-23-2013, 01:28 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,897,741 times
Corey (who???)'s fans would have been better off if they had done a 3 minute montage showing Corey,his potential as an actor-then pics of drugs and addicts and someone OD'ing and the slogan,"just say NO!"

But that is total BS idolizing someone who took himself out with drugs. Teens (no one) should idolize this guy or anyone who has gone out this way. People should always and forever look at those people and think,"damn, what a waste and how stupid!"

Just MY opinion..............vent over...............carry on

Old 09-23-2013, 03:44 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,955,143 times
Did it happen? I had better things to do last night than anticipate a shameful display of ridiculous drug enabling BS just to get a certain marketing demographic to watch.

As an almost middle aged person, I've seen television devolve into the dumpster. I guess it's safe to say it's now been hauled away to the dump.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:22 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,376,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPeach View Post
Maybe instead of individual tributes, just stick with a group tribute of those actors that have passed in the past year. And Jack deserved some recognition, not just because of the Odd Couple or Quincy M.E., but he was in that classic, the ORIGINAL 12 Angry Men.

I missed big chunks of the Emmy show... was there any of the usual "montage" at all? Or just
those 5 individual "tributes" from a friend/colleague of the departed?

So in other words, only 5 people who died since the last Emmy show were mentioned -- and
everyone else got zilch??

If that's so, I guarantee they will switch back next year. It's just beyond silly. I read where
Neil Patrick Harris said it used to bother him when the audience clapped and yelled for some in the
"montage" list but not others... but was the answer to completely ignore them???

Old 09-23-2013, 07:29 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,400,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
I missed big chunks of the Emmy show... was there any of the usual "montage" at all? Or just
those 5 individual "tributes" from a friend/colleague of the departed?

So in other words, only 5 people who died since the last Emmy show were mentioned -- and
everyone else got zilch??

If that's so, I guarantee they will switch back next year. It's just beyond silly. I read where
Neil Patrick Harris said it used to bother him when the audience clapped and yelled for some in the
"montage" list but not others... but was the answer to completely ignore them???
Yes, they had a montage. They also had individual tributes throughout the program, thus the controversy over an individual homage to Cory Monteith over some of the amazing veterans of the industry who were lost this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV