Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 02:50 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,074,703 times

Advertisements

Why is everyone expecting greatness from a summer show that wasn't good enough for the network's fall schedule? Did you actually think that the summer shows would be good?
Siberia, Camp, and Mistresses aren't that good. Motive and Rookie Blue are Canadian shows. Crossing Lines was a French show.
The best summer shows are on the cable networks - AMC, USA, FX, TNT, etc.

BTW - While shopping in a grocery store, I saw a magazine which said that Cote de Pablo was leaving NCIS. I didn't see why. We'll see if she leaves the team or is killed like Sasha Alexander was killed off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 03:42 PM

14,538 posts, read 21,427,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Okay so obivously these 4, the brother and sister and the other girl and the quirky radio hostess are supposed to be some kind of force to be reckoned with ? this story is really veering way off course and it is getting down right stupid . What has pink stars got to do with anything really weird . Im really starting to loose track with it . The sister has the monarch butterfly tat on her shoulder so that must be of some siggnificance since the "monarch will rise ...or some such nonsense like that . I mean come on , is anyone else finding this show hard to follow ?
Or is the forth Junior? His mother did paint the picture with the pink stars falling. The others are all younger than the raido hostess. And he knew that the girl would be effected by the dome. I think he well may be the fourth.

I'm loving the mystery about it and how they don't soften the way people react to the isolation.

I think the girl is important with her tat. And so is Junior with the pink snow and the girl with the globes. There is some direct connection in each of them. Like the pink stars. Junior's mom's painting has them falling from the sky above him... as if they will fall in the outer dome as well as the nest.

Its in the middle of mystery novel with a lot of clues tossed out there now, and any of them could matter hugely. No problem following the storyline for me.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:19 AM

17,673 posts, read 22,857,502 times
I'm enjoying "Under the Dome"...

I also really like "The Bridge" on FX, on Wednesdays...

The Bridge | Wednesdays 10

Old 08-22-2013, 12:21 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,101,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Or is the forth Junior? His mother did paint the picture with the pink stars falling. The others are all younger than the raido hostess. And he knew that the girl would be effected by the dome. I think he well may be the fourth.

I'm loving the mystery about it and how they don't soften the way people react to the isolation.

I think the girl is important with her tat. And so is Junior with the pink snow and the girl with the globes. There is some direct connection in each of them. Like the pink stars. Junior's mom's painting has them falling from the sky above him... as if they will fall in the outer dome as well as the nest.

Its in the middle of mystery novel with a lot of clues tossed out there now, and any of them could matter hugely. No problem following the storyline for me.

I'm thinking the 4th is going to be another "kid," as the 3 that are already "hands" are kids (and this would also tie in to a plot point in the book). With that said...the only other kids we've been introduced to on the show so far have been Junior, the skateboard kid, and the bully from the 1st or 2nd episode with the phone changers in the house. I'm not sure if the woman from the radio station could be classified as a kid, but we don't know her age at all.

But hey...maybe the dog is the 4th hand!!

Old 08-22-2013, 02:49 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,923,273 times
I love American shows but this is dreadful. Good premise, terrible acting.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:13 AM

10,252 posts, read 11,276,971 times
I agree with the terrible acting. I find myself falling asleep during the show. Good thing for DVR..

Old 08-25-2013, 03:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,445,957 times
This show is nothing like the book. The only thing they have in common is the inverted dish over the town.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:17 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,155,435 times
Never read the book. Now I am beginning to be sorry that I started watching it. It seemed to have so much promise, but now I am thinking it is just getting silly. People betting their food that is needed for survival, just to have fun? Like that would really happen.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 AM

23,061 posts, read 28,648,607 times
It really isn't terrible acting. It is terrible writing. Lawrence Olivier could not pull off some of this dialogue.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:13 PM

6,132 posts, read 8,074,239 times
It is getting really, really bad. I'm two episodes behind and we just watched the one where they blow up the well. More plot holes than a Swiss cheese.

I read the book, and as we all know by now about the only similarity between them is the dome and some of the character names.

I don't know if we're even going to keep watching it after that stinker of an episode. Blow up a wellhead and the old reservoir suddenly fills up again? Puh-lease. I hate shows that insult my intelligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV