Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2013, 05:03 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,897,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
If they are still under the dome when season 2 starts...the show is going to turn into a modern day "Gilligan's Island".
bwahahahaha!

come to think of it, big jim rennie looks a bit like the captain and is cranky and bossy. junior can be gilligan because he is stupid and easily maniplated. Max is Ginger, and....all the other women are MaryAnn. Which leaves barbie to be the professor: the handsome problem solver.

I don't know who the Howells are...I guess they are still holed up at home waiting for their limo to return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 08:22 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,845,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I have missed the last 2 episodes and realized I really don't care.
I just had that realization too when on Wednesday I couldn't recall if I'd watched it Monday night or not............

No WAY that would happen with TWD

Actually I started tuning out once Maxine arrived on the scene.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:04 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I just had that realization too when on Wednesday I couldn't recall if I'd watched it Monday night or not............

***SPOILER ALERT***

I didn't care for Maxine either, but thankfully they killed her off the show. I hope they don't drag this out too long. If there's to be a 2nd season, please let it be the last. I remember Stephen King saying this very thing about Lost a few years ago. He told them it had to have a pretty swift ending or the story would get out of control and people would lose interest. I hope he takes his own advice.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:40 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post

I've forgotten to watch it a couple of times, generally I just watch if I'm bored and don't have anything better to do. I can't believe a show like this gets huge ratings when the many truly great shows on cable channels like AMC, and FX get tiny ratings. I look forward to new episodes of AMC shows all week, I'd NEVER miss them.

Breaking Bad is the best thing on TV, it was recently included in the Guinness Book of World records as the most highly acclaimed TV series. BB gets 6 million viewers on a good night while a much lesser quality show like Under the Dome gets 13 million. Do people just not have cable, or think there are only 3-4 channels creating TV shows? I just don't get it. If more people would take the time to check out the many excellent cable shows it would encourage the big 3 to create better programming.

Maxine was awful, so glad she's gone.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:35 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,845,339 times
Glad she went too. I watched the last episode that I missed on Amazon and imo it was one of the better episodes (of course lol).

Old 09-08-2013, 10:59 PM

70 posts, read 125,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
So that was a rather abrupt ending for those three characters. I wonder if Julian will connect the dots and know what his dad did.

And Big Jim is rapidly becoming a very hated villain in my eyes. Grrr, frustrating too!
Please do not refer to him as Big Jim. His name is and always will be Hank. Thank You

Old 09-09-2013, 01:35 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I've forgotten to watch it a couple of times, generally I just watch if I'm bored and don't have anything better to do. I can't believe a show like this gets huge ratings when the many truly great shows on cable channels like AMC, and FX get tiny ratings. I look forward to new episodes of AMC shows all week, I'd NEVER miss them.

Breaking Bad is the best thing on TV, it was recently included in the Guinness Book of World records as the most highly acclaimed TV series. BB gets 6 million viewers on a good night while a much lesser quality show like Under the Dome gets 13 million. Do people just not have cable, or think there are only 3-4 channels creating TV shows? I just don't get it. If more people would take the time to check out the many excellent cable shows it would encourage the big 3 to create better programming.

Maxine was awful, so glad she's gone.
for me with some of these cable series I simply don't know about them until it's years into. I had not ever heard of Breaking Bad until a while ago.

if AMC is owned by a network or larger entity perhaps some cross-marketing would help, FX is obviously owned by FOX for instance.

Many people don't think of going to some of these cable channels for series. There's so much junk on it's hard to keep track. I remember when A/E actually showed quality programing.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:39 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,304,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
If they are still under the dome when season 2 starts...the show is going to turn into a modern day "Gilligan's Island".
Or Lost. A collosal waste of time.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:10 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,829,165 times
I'm trying to watch it now but big bang theory is on. Double checked the cbs website and it starts new episode at 10 my time. Anyone have it on? I checked the earlier listing, no games was on.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:19 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,271,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I'm trying to watch it now but big bang theory is on. Double checked the cbs website and it starts new episode at 10 my time. Anyone have it on? I checked the earlier listing, no games was on.
A blurb was run and the US open ran over. It started at 9/10:24

My sil called me and asked if it was on, luckily, so I added the news to the recording schedule for the evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV