Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2013, 05:53 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,287,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
So I went to ABC to catch the missed episode now you have to have Amazon Prime to see episodes of their shows? Hmmmm Have to think on that one what is this world coming to not able to see TV shows on the network's own web pages.
ABC is showing it again Saturday night at 8/9 pm. It's listed on Dish's schedule. Somehow both that which is episode 12 and the season finally are listed as episode 13 but that's hardly unusual. I was figuring they'd show it again.

Prime you can watch free, but I think you have to buy the episode on Amazon which is a couple of bucks if you don't have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 10:20 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,208,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
ABC is showing it again Saturday night at 8/9 pm. It's listed on Dish's schedule. Somehow both that which is episode 12 and the season finally are listed as episode 13 but that's hardly unusual. I was figuring they'd show it again.

Prime you can watch free, but I think you have to buy the episode on Amazon which is a couple of bucks if you don't have it.
I will check it out to see if it is showing here again on CBS thanks. It is one show I don't think is worth the $2 to watch it but I've been checking on shows on Amazon none really I watch. I have Netflix but they don't show current TV shows much. The shows they do have they quit showing before the seasons finish so I try to stay away from watching older TV shows on Netflix. The Game is one that comes to mind I liked watching but Netflix hasn't put up like the last 2-3 seasons.

Prime is $79 per year right?

Old 09-14-2013, 01:54 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,839,707 times
Quote:
You get a discount if you are a student or a teacher with an .edu email.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I will check it out to see if it is showing here again on CBS thanks. It is one show I don't think is worth the $2 to watch it but I've been checking on shows on Amazon none really I watch. I have Netflix but they don't show current TV shows much. The shows they do have they quit showing before the seasons finish so I try to stay away from watching older TV shows on Netflix. The Game is one that comes to mind I liked watching but Netflix hasn't put up like the last 2-3 seasons.

Yes, and you get discounts and free shipping on purchases, or faster shipping. I like the way shows have no commercial interruption like they do on Hulu and plus. Hulu plus ALWAYS freezes on me too.

I go for the documentaries on Netflix which are very hard to find on other online setups, especially historical ones. And they show good on my connection.

I saved a bunch with Falling Skies by not adjusting the dish package to see it that way and paying per episode. And no commercials. For shows on networks you don't have access to its an excellent way of not paying a bunch. I'd like to find out if it can be dled to your computer.

Its says something pretty dismal about network tv that they hardly even schedule anything on weekends but sports, and fill what they need with reruns and 'specials'. Why not just run some good movies over old episodes of Castle?

Old 09-14-2013, 10:04 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,208,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
You get a discount if you are a student or a teacher with an .edu email.
No discount here then darn it but thanks for posting that.

Quote:
Yes, and you get discounts and free shipping on purchases, or faster shipping.
Its says something pretty dismal about network tv that they hardly even schedule anything on weekends but sports, and fill what they need with reruns and 'specials'. Why not just run some good movies over old episodes of Castle?
What do you mean discounted or free shipping from anything your order from Amazon? Networks are stuck in the money mode of how much they use to make they never switched their way of thinking. They controlled so much about programming, advertising costs, ratings, line-ups and salaries so the King of the hill mentality still applies. When the computers came along they laughed, when watching shows on the computer they said it was a phase, when directors & producers starting popping up online they saw their bank account dwindle. Then the writer's strike was the nail that broken the camels back networks still wanted to keep all the gravy money & back end revenue. Only the train was already pulling out of the station.

When we fail to grow we are left behind & greed always does the greedy in at some point.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:

What do you mean discounted or free shipping from anything your order from Amazon? Networks are stuck in the money mode of how much they use to make they never switched their way of thinking. They controlled so much about programming, advertising costs, ratings, line-ups and salaries so the King of the hill mentality still applies. When the computers came along they laughed, when watching shows on the computer they said it was a phase, when directors & producers starting popping up online they saw their bank account dwindle. Then the writer's strike was the nail that broken the camels back networks still wanted to keep all the gravy money & back end revenue. Only the train was already pulling out of the station.

When we fail to grow we are left behind & greed always does the greedy in at some point.
I agree networks are searching for the sources of more funds. The local cable company is steadily losing tv customers. They are the only reliable high speed internet provider so they don't have to worry about that one. They didn't see the train until it was too late. That is why CBS is now working with Junction to develope new shows and revive others (inc Jericho) for marketing to themselves, or other networks, or other 'platforms'. They took a while to see the light. But revenews have dropped for the major networks and they are trying to refigure things without losing what they understand.

The whole decision making system with networks rested on neilson. Their advertisers wanted to see live views so fast forward wasn't an option and the right target groups. This has not had a good effect on tv overall at all. This deal with Junction is amazing for CBS as during Jericho saving time, they were about as entrenched in the 'old' as you could get.

The free shipping is if you do a lot of ordering on Amazon, you can save the shipping which may pay for it. They also have prime member discounts. I did the monthly free trial but didn't see there would be enough savings.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:59 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,839,707 times
Quote:
I agree networks are searching for the sources of more funds. The local cable company is steadily losing tv customers. They are the only reliable high speed internet provider so they don't have to worry about that one. They didn't see the train until it was too late. That is why CBS is now working with Junction to develope new shows and revive others (inc Jericho) for marketing to themselves, or other networks, or other 'platforms'. They took a while to see the light. But revenews have dropped for the major networks and they are trying to refigure things without losing what they understand.

The whole decision making system with networks rested on neilson. Their advertisers wanted to see live views so fast forward wasn't an option and the right target groups. This has not had a good effect on tv overall at all. This deal with Junction is amazing for CBS as during Jericho saving time, they were about as entrenched in the 'old' as you could get.

The free shipping is if you do a lot of ordering on Amazon, you can save the shipping which may pay for it. They also have prime member discounts. I did the monthly free trial but didn't see there would be enough savings.
With the free two day shipping on a lot of items, you also get to read for free many ebooks including two free books a month from the lending library. It's worth it to me as I buy a lot of food, ebooks and stream the free movies/shows and kids love Face time. and no I'm not affiliated with amazon!

Old 09-15-2013, 07:48 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,541,516 times
Quote:
So I went to ABC to catch the missed episode now you have to have Amazon Prime to see episodes of their shows? Hmmmm Have to think on that one what is this world coming to not able to see TV shows on the network's own web pages.
That's weird cuz I watched it on-line @ CBS Friday. Maybe after a short time it is only available on Amazon.

Old 09-15-2013, 02:03 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,206,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
That's weird cuz I watched it on-line @ CBS Friday. Maybe after a short time it is only available on Amazon.
They show it online too, I've watched it online a couple times. I have Prime because I use it for my business, but the show shows up online before it goes to Amazon on Fridays. Prime can be nice if you use the other benefits, but there is a lot of overlap with Netflix in free program offerings. Prime has gotten exclusive rights to newer seasons of some shows though, like Downton Abbey, and others.

Honestly, the last episode was so bad, I had to force myself to watch. What is wrong with these people? How stupid and weak is that sheriff to believe every word Jim says, and let him whip the town into a frenzy, and make them become willing to give up all the rights we generally treasure as Americans. Two weeks in, and they are ready to start hanging people?

Old 09-15-2013, 05:20 PM

17,647 posts, read 22,675,700 times
Quote:

On Amazon, many times if the item/items total your buying is $25 or more, the shipping is Free...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV