Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2013, 10:00 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,650,267 times

Advertisements

So is Jr the 4th????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 10:45 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,698,732 times
I was kinda annoyed with the last second introduction of the woman who is Big Jim's partner in crime. She lived there for 8 days and never said a peep to anyone? And she knows Barbie and why he was there in the first place, but Barbie knew nothing of the drug operation? You'd think he would have put that together the instant they found the drugs in the coffin.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:15 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,692,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The show is a lot different from the book, but in the book when there was a fire (near the end of the story) it was a disaster. They hinted at it early in the show, but the dome cuts off most of the airflow from the outside. The book also talked about the dome getting so dingy it was hard to see the outside world, but in the show it's completely clear.

With so many different characters and storylines than the book, I have absolutely no idea how this is going to end.
Stephen King's endings are usually horrible, anyway. Never read the book but chances are I'd be fine with an altering of the ending.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:29 AM

22,989 posts, read 28,455,171 times
The writing on this show just gets worse and worse. It's approaching soap opera territory now. Last night's episode felt more like Falcon Crest or Dynasty than a Stephen King story.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:33 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,650,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
I was kinda annoyed with the last second introduction of the woman who is Big Jim's partner in crime. She lived there for 8 days and never said a peep to anyone? And she knows Barbie and why he was there in the first place, but Barbie knew nothing of the drug operation? You'd think he would have put that together the instant they found the drugs in the coffin.
Barbie knew about the drugs. He was an enforcer. They're going to have to get rid of her. She's bad news for everyone, and I think even big Jim knows it.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:27 PM

4,364 posts, read 6,560,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
So is Jr the 4th????
No, it's not Jr. His mom would have painted him touching a dome, instead she painted him watching the stars.

Under the Dome just got Soapy, egad. ► And so are the days of our lives ♪♫♪♪

Old 08-21-2013, 05:56 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,092,678 times
Yeah, this past episode, and the coming attractions for the next episode, look pretty bad. They have veered SO far from the book now that the story is basically unrecognizable.

Also, another thing that bugs me, why is EVERYTHING in the entire town magically hooked up to a generator? And even if they have generators for every building...how is a single generator powering every light and every appliance in the buidling? I live on Long Island and have been through Irene and Sandy and had to deal with generators for 2 years in a row. We're lucky if they power the fridge and maybe a couple of lights. Yet these yoo-hoos have generators powering lights in a friggin barn where the egg is now kept.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:14 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,192,730 times
Okay so obivously these 4, the brother and sister and the other girl and the quirky radio hostess are supposed to be some kind of force to be reckoned with ? this story is really veering way off course and it is getting down right stupid . What has pink stars got to do with anything really weird . Im really starting to loose track with it . The sister has the monarch butterfly tat on her shoulder so that must be of some siggnificance since the "monarch will rise ...or some such nonsense like that . I mean come on , is anyone else finding this show hard to follow ?

Old 08-21-2013, 11:46 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,774,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Yeah, this past episode, and the coming attractions for the next episode, look pretty bad. They have veered SO far from the book now that the story is basically unrecognizable.

Also, another thing that bugs me, why is EVERYTHING in the entire town magically hooked up to a generator? And even if they have generators for every building...how is a single generator powering every light and every appliance in the buidling? I live on Long Island and have been through Irene and Sandy and had to deal with generators for 2 years in a row. We're lucky if they power the fridge and maybe a couple of lights. Yet these yoo-hoos have generators powering lights in a friggin barn where the egg is now kept.

Because this is TV and not real life.....

Anything can happen on TV and people fall for it!

Old 08-21-2013, 01:02 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,247,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
We're lucky if they power the fridge and maybe a couple of lights. Yet these yoo-hoos have generators powering lights in a friggin barn where the egg is now kept.
It sure is swaying towards a bunch of bologna I don't see any real decent acting either not even in Big Jim whom I liked in Breaking Bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I mean come on , is anyone else finding this show hard to follow ?
Yep me not digging the bad acting and no realism to this story of what folks really would be going through if this were to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Because this is TV and not real life.....

Anything can happen on TV and people fall for it!

Not all people including me I might tune in next week or not to hokey for me to waste my time on. I can be rushed to turn the channel over from RHOC reunion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV