Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 04:49 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,847,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
No offense, but I could do without seeing the black woman with the shaved head so much. Just odd and unpleasant to look at.
I actually like her. They should giver her a meatier role though. She is the strong one but instead chases everyone in her family. Interested now to see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 06:28 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,049,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I actually like her. They should giver her a meatier role though. She is the strong one but instead chases everyone in her family. Interested now to see what happens.
Her character isnt bad itself, but her appearance is just really odd and takes away from her character, imo.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Her character isnt bad itself, but her appearance is just really odd and takes away from her character, imo.
I on the other hand like her appearance. She was on another show I liked. Her appearance doesn't faze me in the least. If anything I hated the glasses on her girlfriend. (I can't remember her name...)

Old 08-10-2013, 01:19 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,209,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I agree. Her appearance is fine, but I feel she was miscast, both actresses of that couple were, it just didn't feel real. It felt like they just stuck two women together, called them a couple, then threw in a daughter, so the show could be progressive. I'm all for realistic depictions of same sex couples, this didn't work.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:26 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,825,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I agree. Her appearance is fine, but I feel she was miscast, both actresses of that couple were, it just didn't feel real. It felt like they just stuck two women together, called them a couple, then threw in a daughter, so the show could be progressive. I'm all for realistic depictions of same sex couples, this didn't work.
I agree. Zero chemistry. They don't even come across like known eachother for more than 5 minutes as friends, let alone lovers. LOL

Old 08-10-2013, 01:43 PM

380 posts, read 377,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Yes but didn't the teenaged daughter's mother die when all this was taking place at the center of the dome?
Its my take that when the daughter and her bo touched the mini-dome she got a vision of her mother standing in the forest and ran to the bo's house just in time to see her die. Mom died and the daughter ran to the dome pleading for the Mom's life then the egg lit up.

Hopefully the dome's not collecting souls as well.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:00 PM

I also noticed it was pinkish lights on the egg in the mini dome too which reminded me of pink stars falling phrase that is uttered by the seizing teens. I wonder if emotions are also being "collected". I just realized that each week there is a "strong" emotion being displayed. Greed, murder, rape, anger etc. (drat that emotional seeking siren I just saw on Sinbad that gave me this idea. The siren fed on the emotions of memories)

Old 08-10-2013, 03:43 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,567,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Who said that aliens brought the dome?

the mothership

Old 08-10-2013, 06:12 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,053,661 times
When was there a mother ship?

Old 08-10-2013, 07:33 PM

3,515 posts, read 7,796,128 times
In post #89 I mentioned using a nuclear bomb to disable the dome, but a more logical choice would be to set it off underground to minimize the affects for radiation on the surface. If this really happened, I would hope the military would have enough common sense to detonate the bomb underground. The underground in the cement factory would have been a more logical choice to detonate the bomb.
Quote:

Okay, but.......the cement factory is inside the dome, and the nuclear bombs are outside the dome, so detonating it underground wasn't really an option, right?
Er no, Part of the cement factory is underground. If you remember when Junior attempted to find a way under the dome he ran into the dome wall in one of the tunnels UNDERGROUND. So logically at least part of the cement factory is outside the dome. And since junior expected to be able to get under the dome underground, there must be entrances/exits to the underground tunnels on the other side of the dome. Finding way under the dome that leads to a dead end tunnel 30 feet underground is of limited value, but I guess they could tunnel up or have someone dig down from the other side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV