Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2014, 06:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,950,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I am hearing that Avengers 2 will get around the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being mutant children of Magneto thus belonging to another studio by making them Inhumans for the MCU
Well with the events of Axis, Magneto was proven to not be their father and Quicksilver regained his powers through the terrigen mists after House of M in the comics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 07:47 PM

22,940 posts, read 28,331,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Well with the events of Axis, Magneto was proven to not be their father and Quicksilver regained his powers through the terrigen mists after House of M in the comics.
Fair point, but the movies are not bound by the comic continuity.

But I'm 99.9999999% certain that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are NOT the children of Magneto in Avengers 2. Another studio has the film rights to Magneto.

Which is really a shame. I really hope that Marvel/Disney uses the profits from these movies to buy back all the rights to all their properties. It's a shame that the Avengers can't take on the X-Men or Spidey can't go hang out with the Human Torch and get web shooter advice from Reed Richards.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Fair point, but the movies are not bound by the comic continuity.

But I'm 99.9999999% certain that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are NOT the children of Magneto in Avengers 2. Another studio has the film rights to Magneto.

Which is really a shame. I really hope that Marvel/Disney uses the profits from these movies to buy back all the rights to all their properties. It's a shame that the Avengers can't take on the X-Men or Spidey can't go hang out with the Human Torch and get web shooter advice from Reed Richards.
I'm fine with it. The cinematic universe uses cues from all the different marvel comics. Most of the Avengers in particularly Thor came from Ultimate Marvel (their 2000 relaunch) while the original Marvel has influenced other things and even the 1990's MC2 which was more female friendly with second generation characters is referenced (Hope Van Dyne is named from Hope Pym.) I am not saying that it has to be perfectly related to the comics but we can enjoy some nods to it if they aren't going to hold true.

Spiderman may be tied into Marvel if you believe the rumors. Having X-men on it's own is fine with me because there are enough X-groups (X-Factor, X-Force, New Mutants, Generation X (though not with Banshee and Emma)) that they can be off on their own universe that is large enough on its own. The Avengers is big but mainly due to also having the cosmic universe with Guardians now as well as many other possibilities.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:51 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,407,562 times
Still curious over what happened to Fitz's speech problem in the last episode. He was speaking normally. Does anyone have the answer? Thanks!

Old 12-16-2014, 06:10 AM

22,940 posts, read 28,331,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Still curious over what happened to Fitz's speech problem in the last episode. He was speaking normally. Does anyone have the answer? Thanks!
He's been slowly improving throughout the season. He's still not back to "normal," but it's a gradual process.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:47 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,407,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
He's been slowly improving throughout the season. He's still not back to "normal," but it's a gradual process.
Thanks! I was wondering if I missed something.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Wow, somehow I didn't catch that at all. Guess I need to watch it again...

Old 12-16-2014, 03:16 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,816,411 times
I also noticed Fitz's improved speech. I had wondered before how they would get out of that condition so now it looks like a gradual improvement has begun. Also, Simmons was there and would proactively prompt him. I can hardly wait for these two to get a bit toasted and rip each others clothes off and have wild and heinous sex in every corner of the bus... while no one else is around. And then Fitz turns into a Cray like computationer with not a single flaw in his thought process.

They're an awesome duo. Suddenly reminds me of Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell in 'His Girl Friday'.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:29 PM

Well, who's excited for the return of Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. tonight?

Old 03-03-2015, 05:12 PM

7,252 posts, read 7,101,025 times
Me, although I will miss Carter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV