Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 02:24 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,432,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
Hopes, your weight comment really rubbed me the wrong way. It's a talent competition, not a beauty contest. And seeing some anexoric-looking singer (or model) is just as bad a role model as seeing someone overweight trying to follow their dream and better their life. It's about the whole package, I realize, and I realize that the camera adds on more pounds. But it's first and foremost about the singing and the personality.
But it's okay for some people in this thread to complain that none of the guys are cute. It blows my mind when I mention healthy weight, you automatically go to the anorexic. People who are a healthy weight can't be anorexics. Looks do have something to do with it. America votes. Anything can sway their votes. Just like some people don't think the guys are cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 03:28 PM

730 posts, read 2,060,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Stevie is very hard to sing. As good as they are, this may be a tough week for the guys.
I smell tons of karaoke for the guys. But the girls don't have it any easier with Whitney Houston songs either.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:38 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,565,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
But it's okay for some people in this thread to complain that none of the guys are cute. It blows my mind when I mention healthy weight, you automatically go to the anorexic. People who are a healthy weight can't be anorexics. Looks do have something to do with it.

I understood what you meant, Hopes. Like it or not (and I dont), looks do play a big role in any competition involving viewer votes. Large men have a much easier time of it than large women.

Ruben Stoddard won Season 2 of AI only because Simon wanted him to win and influenced the voting with his comments (and the voting was probably skewed anyway).

I was very surprised when Fantaisa Barrino won Season 3. Her looks arent typical of most winners -- but, again, it was obvious that Simon wanted her to win and his positive comments influenced the voting. (And, again, there are those rumors that the results are decided based more on the producers' votes than the viewers' votes).

Old 03-07-2012, 03:41 PM

Something I didnt know about the AI judging panel:

There were originally going to be four judges -- but, by the time of auditions for Season 1, only three judges had been found. A fourth judge, radio DJ Stryker, was originally chosen but he dropped out citing "image concerns".

In Season 2, New York radio personality Angie Martinez was hired as a fourth judge but withdrew after a few days of auditions due to not being comfortable with giving out criticism. After that, the show decided to continue with the three-judges format until season 8.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:01 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,895,049 times
Skinny or heavy, I think what's noticeable is that there are really no "beauties" amongst the women this year. I guess some would think Shannon was pretty, but the rest look like regular folk, which isn't necessarily bad. I think we are used to getting a fix of pretty people on tv so we've come to expect it. Well, at least we have Philip Phillips for eye candy

Old 03-07-2012, 06:27 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,710,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Skinny or heavy, I think what's noticeable is that there are really no "beauties" amongst the women this year. I guess some would think Shannon was pretty, but the rest look like regular folk, which isn't necessarily bad. I think we are used to getting a fix of pretty people on tv so we've come to expect it. Well, at least we have Philip Phillips for eye candy
Colton Dixon then Phillip
Colton Photo

Old 03-07-2012, 06:54 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,796,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Colton Dixon then Phillip
Colton Photo
Colton needs to get those skinny jeans off, they don't do anyone justice.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Colton needs to get those skinny jeans off, they don't do anyone justice.

I agree!

Are youall watching AI right now? I wont post anything about tonight -- and the surprising performances -- until it's over. And I'll use the spoiler option then.

Edited to explain that I dont think Colton looks good in those skinny jeans...not that I want to see him with them off.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:02 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,835,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I agree!

Are youall watching AI right now? I wont post anything about tonight -- and the surprising performances -- until it's over. And I'll use the spoiler option then.
Yup, I'm watching right now!

Old 03-07-2012, 07:11 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,661,439 times
I'm here too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV