Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 01:18 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,618,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
I would hope that what people get from this show is encouragement to create something of value. Too many are programmed to just get a job - rely on someone else to hire them. In these economic times, folks are gonna have to become more creative and look for alternative ways to support themselves. One doesn't have to seek extreme fame and fortune to apply the principles you see here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Great post, and so true. I chose to focus my skills and business on public service, so I probably won't get too many riches, but I'm supporting myself, and beyond happy with the work I do. People just need to pursue whatever their passion may be.
Yes and yes! Do what you enjoy! It may take time and sacrifice to get to that point in a careeer but it's not impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 02:01 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,498,863 times
I turned on the television, this afternoon, and there was the repeat where Bethenny is in the therapists office asking what is normal; what is normal when visiting the grandparents. The therapist says normal can be what you want it to be.

But I really cringed. Bethenny feels horrible for questioning Jason visiting his parents every two weeks and visiting as a family every three. She says something like "Jason is so good to me. He comes with me to all my events. And I feel like a bad person for questioning this."

sigh.

A husband showing up for events doesn't make him Husband-of-the-Year. Nor should that be a reason to be afraid to have a say in your marriage.

She ends up confronting Jason and he of course tries to come across as Mister-Patronizing-Nice-Guy but he also immediately says that driving three hours each way to visit his parents at least twice a month is normal. But she does say that no, that's what he thinks is normal.

The therapist is very clear that Jason, Bethenny and Bryn are now his family, something that I don't think he immediately "got."

And yes, I have to say that Bethenny worked darn hard for everything she has. Jason can sit around and giggle about everything - and he often does - but it is her darn money.

I'm not sure if anyone on here realizes that she was the Pashmina Queen, the woman that brought pashminas to celebrities. She's always had a good head for business.

Questioning how Bethenny would do without a nanny or how she came of her financing is a bit bizarre, in my opinion. It's like wondering how people afford second homes or the airfare to visit said homes. It's kind of like questioning if men really walked on the moon.

I'm getting a sense wonderment at average things for most people.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:33 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,226,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I turned on the television, this afternoon, and there was the repeat where Bethenny is in the therapists office asking what is normal; what is normal when visiting the grandparents. The therapist says normal can be what you want it to be.

But I really cringed. Bethenny feels horrible for questioning Jason visiting his parents every two weeks and visiting as a family every three. She says something like "Jason is so good to me. He comes with me to all my events. And I feel like a bad person for questioning this."

sigh.

A husband showing up for events doesn't make him Husband-of-the-Year. Nor should that be a reason to be afraid to have a say in your marriage.

She ends up confronting Jason and he of course tries to come across as Mister-Patronizing-Nice-Guy but he also immediately says that driving three hours each way to visit his parents at least twice a month is normal. But she does say that no, that's what he thinks is normal.

The therapist is very clear that Jason, Bethenny and Bryn are now his family, something that I don't think he immediately "got."

And yes, I have to say that Bethenny worked darn hard for everything she has. Jason can sit around and giggle about everything - and he often does - but it is her darn money.

I'm not sure if anyone on here realizes that she was the Pashmina Queen, the woman that brought pashminas to celebrities. She's always had a good head for business.

Questioning how Bethenny would do without a nanny or how she came of her financing is a bit bizarre, in my opinion. It's like wondering how people afford second homes or the airfare to visit said homes. It's kind of like questioning if men really walked on the moon.

I'm getting a sense wonderment at average things for most people.
I remember that, I was so happy she was seeing the therapist and listening to him rather than just accepting Jason's reality as the only reality. I like Jason and think he's good to her, but he needs to listen to her, and also make compromises for their family. Two people have different ideas, the idea that one way is right and the other wrong is ridiculous, a couple has to work together to decide what's best for their new family.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:12 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,618,990 times
Jason is good to her, but at times it seems like he's keeping score. Just because someone is a great person, loves you, and treats you well doesn't mean you have to agree and go with everything that person wants. Bethenny should stop beating herself up about it.

detshen and hiknapster, are we the only ones on this thread who like the show? lol

Old 04-25-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
Jason is good to her, but at times it seems like he's keeping score. Just because someone is a great person, loves you, and treats you well doesn't mean you have to agree and go with everything that person wants. Bethenny should stop beating herself up about it.

detshen and hiknapster, are we the only ones on this thread who like the show? lol
I agree, Bethenny ISN'T crazy just because she wants some things different from him, her ideas are valid, I think she is learning that, and starting to stand up for herself with Jason. That's one of the benefits of therapy, it's an objective voice helping you see yourself more clearly, and fairly. I think Jason's just a bit set in his ways, I don't think he is being intentionally unfair, I hope he grows from being with her too. In a great relationship people learn from each other.

I think a lot of people like this show, take a look at your rep points, I have noticed my positive posts about the show get a lot of reps, and you two can only give me so many, so I know there are others out there. We are not alone, lol. It's a rare positive show in a often nastiness filled genre, I think many respond to that.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:57 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,541,935 times
A person can like the show that doesn't necessarily agree 100% w/ your opinions. Sorta like what you are saying about Jason doing to Bethennney.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:22 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,498,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
It's a rare positive show in a often nastiness filled genre, I think many respond to that.
I think there are a lot of people that like the show. She's wildly popular, so someone's buying her stuff, too. Skinnygirl Margarita sold 100,000 cases last year and they had difficulty with distribution. In fact, you still can't get it in Knoxville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
A person can like the show that doesn't necessarily agree 100% w/ your opinions. Sorta like what you are saying about Jason doing to Bethennney.
I definitely feel that you like Jason, Bethenny and want them to do well, as well as you like the show. Absolutely.

I think there are some people that watch the show and get really jealous and angry. I don't understand that. And there's some people that just don't like Bethenny. That I "get." There's plenty of people I don't like and refuse to watch. Barbara Walters is a good example.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I think there are a lot of people that like the show. She's wildly popular, so someone's buying her stuff, too. Skinnygirl Margarita sold 100,000 cases last year and they had difficulty with distribution. In fact, you still can't get it in Knoxville.

I definitely feel that you like Jason, Bethenny and want them to do well, as well as you like the show. Absolutely.

I think there are some people that watch the show and get really jealous and angry. I don't understand that. And there's some people that just don't like Bethenny. That I "get." There's plenty of people I don't like and refuse to watch. Barbara Walters is a good example.
I've never tried a Skinnygirl, but I have read quite a few reviews that it tastes pretty close to a real one with a lot fewer calories. I'm not really a calorie watcher, my weights not an issue, but if it tastes good I'll drink it, I certainly don't need any extra calories.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:34 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,673,542 times
Quote:
someone's buying her stuff, too. Skinnygirl Margarita sold 100,000 cases last year and they had difficulty with distribution.

I think the low cal margarita was timely and what many people want. I don't drink it but I can understand the demand for it.

It was an original idea. Developing something new and different - something consumers really want - is the key.

If another real housewife copycats the clothing/jewelry/music plan, my head might explode. It's as if these women share the same brain cell. I'm not sure they understand that Bethenny's success is due to her original concepts.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
I think the low cal margarita was timely and what many people want. I don't drink it but I can understand the demand for it.

It was an original idea. Developing something new and different - something consumers really want - is the key.

If another real housewife copycats the clothing/jewelry/music plan, my head might explode. It's as if these women share the same brain cell. I'm not sure they understand that Bethenny's success is due to her original concepts.
I know, it's ridiculous! The last thing the world needs is more "celebrity" fashion garbage. Just because someone's only hobby is shopping doesn't make them a designer, in most cases it doesn't even mean they have taste. They will all fail, and waste their husbands money, it can be a tax write off, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV