Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 12:52 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,622,314 times

Advertisements

I loved the most recent episode, it was so heart warming and fun. Good to see her stop and relax with her hubby, but also take in all that she has accomplished! A very light-hearted and inspirational episode!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 12:57 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,595,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
I loved the most recent episode, it was so heart warming and fun. Good to see her stop and relax with her hubby, but also take in all that she has accomplished! A very light-hearted and inspirational episode!
I agree! And who would have thought that the bottling plant episode would be so moving? When she said that all of that came from one tiny seed, from one idea and was now sitting in that box, wow, it was just amazing. What Bethenny has done with her life is truly inspirational, indeed. It's the one show that I now look forward to seeing. It makes me laugh and motivates me to keep pushing.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:18 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,576,589 times
I like Bethanny but I also think she should stop whinning about how bad her childhood was and live in the now already!

Old 04-14-2011, 01:45 PM

I have no idea why some people take these shows so seriously. Thy aren't about quantum physics, crime in America, world hunger or evolution, for crying out loud. I once had someone tell me that this is all she does all day. Watch tv. It's all she has, she said. It's her one diversion in life, I guess. But when a television show makes you loathe a character there has to be something else going on. If it motivates you to argue with people over and over again on a internet forum I suspect you may have some very serious issues of your own.

I am not referring to the past few posts and actually I am really thinking about a big argument that broke out on another thread about another show. But some of these posts are the same tired haters over and over again. I have to wonder what that really says about the poster. Why the heck would you watch a show where the character makes you angry? And why would you hate someone you don't know? If I became like that I'd have to turn off the tv and get a hobby.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyninfl View Post
I like Bethanny but I also think she should stop whinning about how bad her childhood was and live in the now already!
I don't get that from her. As another poster pointed out, we are privy to her therapy sessions where parents are often discussed. Unfortunately, big life-changing events will also bring parents to the forefront. Marriages, births, baptisms and even birthdays will always raise the question of where are the parents, grandparents. Even if you try to avoid it someone else will bring it up. And I don't care how old you are, if your parents are still alive - and especially if you are an only child - the lack of a parental call always makes you die a little inside.

It's stuff you can't avoid. If you haven't been there then you don't understand. But is it a part of someone's day-to-day life? Of course not. This is a television show where their lives are under a microscope and the dramatic is always overplayed. Otherwise no one would watch.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:06 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,576,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I don't get that from her. As another poster pointed out, we are privy to her therapy sessions where parents are often discussed. Unfortunately, big life-changing events will also bring parents to the forefront. Marriages, births, baptisms and even birthdays will always raise the question of where are the parents, grandparents. Even if you try to avoid it someone else will bring it up. And I don't care how old you are, if your parents are still alive - and especially if you are an only child - the lack of a parental call always makes you die a little inside.

It's stuff you can't avoid. If you haven't been there then you don't understand. But is it a part of someone's day-to-day life? Of course not. This is a television show where their lives are under a microscope and the dramatic is always overplayed. Otherwise no one would watch.
Oh right I understand.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
I agree! And who would have thought that the bottling plant episode would be so moving? When she said that all of that came from one tiny seed, from one idea and was now sitting in that box, wow, it was just amazing. What Bethenny has done with her life is truly inspirational, indeed. It's the one show that I now look forward to seeing. It makes me laugh and motivates me to keep pushing.
HAHA! Me too! I wish I had a seed like yesterday I'm hoping to get one before I finish college

I also look forward to this show, and it's very entertaining for me even without drama and cattiness. And I actually like how she treats her employees like family; most likely the result of not having a close knit family growing up.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I have no idea why some people take these shows so seriously. Thy aren't about quantum physics, crime in America, world hunger or evolution, for crying out loud. I once had someone tell me that this is all she does all day. Watch tv. It's all she has, she said. It's her one diversion in life, I guess. But when a television show makes you loathe a character there has to be something else going on. If it motivates you to argue with people over and over again on a internet forum I suspect you may have some very serious issues of your own.

I am not referring to the past few posts and actually I am really thinking about a big argument that broke out on another thread about another show. But some of these posts are the same tired haters over and over again. I have to wonder what that really says about the poster. Why the heck would you watch a show where the character makes you angry? And why would you hate someone you don't know? If I became like that I'd have to turn off the tv and get a hobby.
I concur If a certain character has become a headache to watch, I simply turn it off. Why waste my time and energy? I only watch what I enjoy. Don't get me wrong, there are characters that are my least favorite, such as Jill Zarin, but I think she's entertaining and hilarious for making a fool of herself. Same with Camille of BH's. I take these shows very lightly and don't rant about how disgusted I am with their behavior and continue watching, it makes no sense. It's all funny to me. Miami, I was disgusted with the preview commercials so I didn't watch one episode. NJ Danielle and Teresa made me sick; they were extremely hard to watch so I stopped watching. If NJ has a new season, I just won't tune in. It's that simple.

As far as Bethenney complaining about her parents, we have to realize that not every single moment of every single day is aired. She probably rarely discusses her parents but the editing may put those discussions on every episode, even if the therapy sessions are once a month ya know.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,114,671 times
Don't think anyone has said that they are disgusted and can't stand Bethney. She made interesting TV on RHNY, liked her when she got married, but now I think she should go back on RHNY. I don't think she can carry on this show for another year before people start turning the channel.

Also, B has talked about her parents on TV, in magazines, and has even written a book which talks about her parents. Again, just think some things should remain with family. Don't think you could pay me enough money to talk about my peeps (the good, the bad, or the ugly). Now when I think about it, B reminds me a bit of Tori Spelling except I think Tori liked her Dad.

Many people don't like Jill Z but I also think she is good TV especially since we take her in small doses. Could you imagine her with her own show?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Don't think anyone has said that they are disgusted and can't stand Bethney. She made interesting TV on RHNY, liked her when she got married, but now I think she should go back on RHNY. I don't think she can carry on this show for another year before people start turning the channel.

Also, B has talked about her parents on TV, in magazines, and has even written a book which talks about her parents. Again, just think some things should remain with family. Don't think you could pay me enough money to talk about my peeps (the good, the bad, or the ugly). Now when I think about it, B reminds me a bit of Tori Spelling except I think Tori liked her Dad.

Many people don't like Jill Z but I also think she is good TV especially since we take her in small doses. Could you imagine her with her own show?
Yes quite a few viewers (or ex-viewers) have shown extreme negativity, that included name calling. If you've been reading this thread post for post since page one you'd see what I'm talking about. I see nothing wrong with your views of her; at least you don't seem to be disrespectful when pointing out your observations of her.

I've never read her books and I don't read too many gossip pages which probably explains why I'm out of the "know" with this one.

Oh hell no! Although I would watch because it would be such a train wreck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV