Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:45 PM

522 posts, read 1,570,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
what are poverty wages for teachers?? $30,000 typical in a charter school for an teacher with 10 years of experience and a doctorate or master's level education. the teachers are in the charter schools because they love teaching, want out of TUSD, and really want to teach motivated kids and do things their way, somewhat, so they are willing to take these kinds of wages. poverty wages for high skilled work.
Well. I think that the teachers in Tucson that are complaining about salaries are in for a surprise if they in fact move. Here, where teachers are consdered to be paid fairly well the average salary is around $43000. The national average is below this. Yes, there are pockets of schools around the country that make more. The teachers that make much more here are P.E. teachers. For what ever reason, they are paid just over $100K in our school system. How's that for fair pay? An average of $43000 and that includes the high paid P.E. teachers.

Insidently, I have a copy of all of the teachers salaries for the local district from last year.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:52 AM

4 posts, read 12,755 times
Default i know what you meen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
Yup, it looks like the honeymoon is over...sure, I enjoyed the monsoon thunderstorms, the different scenery, and heck, I still love the food...but too much overshadows those small joys:

Since I moved here in August, I have tried...tried to make it work, tried to enjoy it, and tried to get on with what I am here for....but that door is closing fast.

I cannot feel empathy for this state...its citizens...or anything it/they stand(s) for. This state was built on a giant pit of sand...and somehow, that pit of sand works its way through the veins of everyday life here...the way the government acts, the way business is conducted, the education system, and even the way people live their lives. It is all in a giant pit of hot, hellish sand.

When I see many, many students who have graduated from this state's grade school system come to my office or write me an email...and they can barely communicate properly or use proper etiquette when communicating with professors/graduate students...I can feel certain that the future of this state grows dimmer by the minute. Things were not this bad in other states I've been to and lived in...even Florida, which I am famous for not liking. Ever been to the Foothills Mall on a Friday night? The way these kids handle themselves...is unbelievable. It truly is sad.

The way the government and university handles themselves...is ridiculous. UofA is facing a tremendous, $103M cut from the state legislature. This is a huge percentage cut, one that would cripple the UofA if they retained the current levels of tuition, etc. If this cut went through, the UofA's funding would be approximately $296M...divided by 38,000 students is approximately $7790 per student. Did you know that state funding at PSU is roughly $3500/student? Did you know they aren't in any financial crisis? Sure, the in-state tuition at PSU is ~$14K per year...but that is why there are smaller universities and colleges with lower tuition rates (both in PA and AZ). Yet, the University of Arizona...and the Board of Regents...has their respective thumbs up their bums and are threatening to cut out entire departments and colleges on the basis of these cuts. The UofA can survive these cuts...if the leadership is competent. Unfortunately, it is not.

So, in summary, I am sorry Arizona...Tucson...UofA...I'm sorry that I lost what little connection I had to you in the beginning of my time here. However, I feel that if I do not leave soon, I will completely lose my mind and have to be institutionalized. Unfortunately, I do not know when I can leave.

It's rather pathetic the way Arizona is. I've been here for 11 years, And still can't wait to get the hell out of here. If only i could find that patch of good luck, To drop this state like the piece of #### it is.

I've watched this state go from bad to worse. And get more and more money hungry.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:13 AM

63 posts, read 230,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknoboy174 View Post
It's rather pathetic the way Arizona is. I've been here for 11 years, And still can't wait to get the hell out of here. If only i could find that patch of good luck, To drop this state like the piece of #### it is.

I've watched this state go from bad to worse. And get more and more money hungry.
Do you need help packing? "Get the hell out of here" and make room for me!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:07 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,253,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
Do you need help packing? "Get the hell out of here" and make room for me!
There's room for everybody!

Old 06-03-2009, 02:46 PM

95 posts, read 307,715 times
Quote:

You're right, you need some luck.

I've heard "luck" defined as "preparation meeting opportunity".
For example:
Wasn't so and so lucky he got hired to play guitar with that major act and now he's touring the country making $3,000 a night?

Well, yes, he was lucky. He practiced 10 hours a day for ten years in his bedroom and then an opportunity arose.

So what I'm saying is, yes, we all could use some luck in these trying times, but waiting is Nowhere'sville.

If you prepare and work your ass off sooner or later an opportunity will come along and everyone will say that you're lucky!

Old 06-06-2009, 12:26 PM

104 posts, read 85,770 times
Is this thread about Want Out or Tekno? Did I miss something? I thought it was about no longer enjoying it here?

Last edited by Bullmoose; 06-06-2009 at 01:44 PM..

Old 06-06-2009, 02:25 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,360,232 times
Hi, Bullmoose. Is that a Michigan animal?

Old 06-08-2009, 01:00 PM

104 posts, read 85,770 times
Great white north I believe, eh?

Old 06-08-2009, 01:04 PM

30,906 posts, read 37,038,212 times
Quote:

I think these kinds of posts are funny. If you think AZ is bad, just come to California.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:45 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,360,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullmoose View Post
Great white north I believe, eh?
Thanx, Bullmoose!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson