Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:14 AM

1,024 posts, read 2,763,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantOut456 View Post
here here basisteach !! i support your statement.

and i have found that the current crop of elderly here in tucson are greedy grabbers who have theirs and do NOT want to support the community, the schools, the teacher, the working people and families. luckily, in my family, the previous generations had a GREAT sense of passing on education and money to the nexxt generation to create a better world. so i have a sense of a better way to be old and die.

two other points .........

while i hate hate HATE the education system i arizona, i have to say that teachers are better than they have EVER been, working for poverty wages to pass on knowledge and values. my teenage kid has had some FABULOUS teachers in her career, primarily advanced math and science, and we truly appreciate your talents and the sacrifices you have to make to give of them. just want you to know that many of us are wise to the score of what is REALLY going down. you have to work inside of corrupt apthetic systems to do what you do.

for the old people who are dying .................... i collect vintage clothes and tucson is the BEST place on the planet to pick up fabu duds from other time periods because so many people come here to die and their families unload great quality things at zero money. keep up the good work, dying people !!!!!!!!!!
Hey BasicTeach, I'm sure it's personally rewarding to have fans with this kind intellectual maturity.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:57 PM

522 posts, read 1,575,331 times
Quote:
i have to say that teachers are better than they have EVER been, working for poverty wages to pass on knowledge and values.
So what is this "poverty wages" that you talk about? Do you have numbers?

From what I have been able to find teachers in Tucson make around 10-14% less than teachers here in IL. Here beginning teachers make $25-30,000. And I will say it again, if all the teachers got there pay doubled would the schools suddenly become great? I doubt it.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:46 AM

13 posts, read 41,304 times
here's my point about tucson .... there are SO MANY damaged people living here, because of all aspects of the NEGATIVE community. i talked to a business owner down on 4th avenue about a year ago and he relayed a conversation he had with tucson's mayor. you know what mr. mayor asked him?? "WHY ARE THERE SO MANY WALKING WOUNDED PEOPLE HERE IN TUCSON??" yes that's right, even the mayor notices the battle count and cannot figure out why this is.

i estimate that 40% of tucson's economy is due to drugs and money laundering which drives out legitimate activities and people. again, i spoke with a man in january of this year who told me that the state govt came in and cleared out $3 million from his bank accounts and accused him of laundering drug money. he had spas and construction businesses. first question i asked him was "you mean to tell me you had $3M in your bank accounts??" he said "yes, but they didn't get it all. i had some hidden." this dude was operating as a legitimate businessman and YES he was laundering drug money in my opinion. what does that do to real business people like myself in tucson ?? royally ****s them over.

working people and families here have to deal with economic exploitation on EVERY front (poverty wages) and the drug/ghetto culture on top of that. add the indifference of the people who have a tiny bit of money and think they are hot ****, and you have a community with no hope, no future.

i know ALOT of people in tucson and talk to them. that's where my info comes from.

here's my fave post ripping tucosn a new *******. no, i did not write it ........... SF bay area forums - craigslist but i laughed my ass off reading it.

what are poverty wages for teachers?? $30,000 typical in a charter school for an teacher with 10 years of experience and a doctorate or master's level education. the teachers are in the charter schools because they love teaching, want out of TUSD, and really want to teach motivated kids and do things their way, somewhat, so they are willing to take these kinds of wages. poverty wages for high skilled work.

i am leaving this ****hole and starting my biz. but the walking wounded zombies of tucson will keep careening around and the drug culture will keep flouishing. i truly have compassion for those decent, hard working people forced to remain here.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:04 PM

739 posts, read 1,855,866 times
My daughter moved to Tucson a year and a half ago with her boyfriend. He has since been canceled but she is staying there, enjoying her job and her life. At first she hated the place but now is coming to terms with it. I wouldn't say 'like' yet but 'getting used to it' is more apt.

FWIW, every place mentioned on citydata has lovers and haters. I was flabbergasted to read a rant from someone who hates Santa Barbara, fercripesake. How can anyone hate the most beautiful place in the world?

Perhaps someone thinks Tucson is Nirvana. There may be someone out there who loves Akron, Ohio. To each, his own.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:44 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,388,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
My daughter moved to Tucson a year and a half ago with her boyfriend. He has since been canceled but she is staying there, enjoying her job and her life. At first she hated the place but now is coming to terms with it. I wouldn't say 'like' yet but 'getting used to it' is more apt.

FWIW, every place mentioned on citydata has lovers and haters. I was flabbergasted to read a rant from someone who hates Santa Barbara, fercripesake. How can anyone hate the most beautiful place in the world?

Perhaps someone thinks Tucson is Nirvana. There may be someone out there who loves Akron, Ohio. To each, his own.
Nirvana has been attained by many of us, but others have it continually postphoned by the Bodhisattva.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:31 PM

602 posts, read 2,073,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Nirvana has been attained by many of us, but others have it continually postphoned by the Bodhisattva.
I think I saw you over on hippie hill at Himmel the other day. You were the horse with the radiant aura.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
I think I saw you over on hippie hill at Himmel the other day. You were the horse with the radiant aura.
For sure. I've been enlightened. Illuminated, even.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
here's my point about tucson .... there are SO MANY damaged people living here,
A little introspection of oneself is always good. That's a step in the right direction.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
i am leaving this ****hole
k: k:

Old 06-01-2009, 11:21 AM

Seems like WantOut prefers to go kicking and screaming instead of quietly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson