Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 11:34 AM

33,594 posts, read 18,223,272 times

Advertisements

Nambla would be proud of Sandusky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 03:18 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,369,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
When the first 2 accusers came forth, there was an outcry from Penn State that they were just out for money. It dissolved within a few days. As such, it is incredibly hard to find buried in hundreds of thousands of penn state google hits.
Again, I asked you for a specific charge from anyone connected with Penn State in an official capacity. I'm not attempting to deny, or even downplay the seriousness of the charges, only the motives of a clique who saw an opportunity to link the individual to the instituion for ideolgical and, possibly financial purposes, (and who for obvious reasons, BTW, don't want the sophistication of their efforts brought into the spotlight).

Quote:
However, it did happen. Then again, most of us are not afflicted by the constantly revising mental history of how you really reacted to the breaking news.

Kinda like how those weren't really students rioting but "others" and much much more.
Below is a link to local coverage:

Riot at Penn State is most costly, destructive in 15 years, State College police chief says | PennLive.com

What happened here was a half-dozen idiots taking their frustrartions out on one (local, BTW) media vehicle ... no smashed storefronts, no police officers assaulted ..... nothing on a par with Chicago, Seattle and the other OWS tantrums
Quote:

Yep, gotta support you school....even if you have to rape some children to make the top 10.
The usual inflammatory rhetoric for the back-benchers.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-14-2012 at 03:32 PM..

Old 06-14-2012, 05:16 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,601,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post

I'm not attempting to deny, or even downplay the seriousness of the charges, only the motives of a clique who saw an opportunity to link the individual to the instituion for ideolgical and, possibly financial purposes, (and who for obvious reasons, BTW, don't want the sophistication of their efforts brought into the spotlight).

If I might ask... who are the individuals in the clique?

Old 06-14-2012, 06:17 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,916,262 times
Probably supported him and helped him write those "love letters"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

Old 06-14-2012, 07:33 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,082,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
A serial sexual predator about whom many knew of his actions ... and to protect the football team and the University they did nothing. The lives of the young people meant nothing to those with authority. Convict him. Send him away for life. Fire the administsrators who knew. Bar the University's athletic teams from NCAA competition for a decade. And make the University suffer financially, really big. Hundreds of millions of $$$ as a signal to the other institutions where I've no doubt similar things happen.
It would be the future students suffer from higher tuition. Also the University helps with research Penn state Milton Hershey hospital... I'd hate to see the kids in the pediatric unit suffer from lack of funds because the University is being "punished"

Old 06-14-2012, 08:08 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,799,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
It would be the future students suffer from higher tuition. Also the University helps with research Penn state Milton Hershey hospital... I'd hate to see the kids in the pediatric unit suffer from lack of funds because the University is being "punished"
Yeah so would I but check out SMU, there was no cover up involving children getting molested and they got the college version of the death penalty. The way people were getting fired this past year screams of a cover up, that doesn't make it so but it doesn't look good either. Hopefully the jury will be fair, we don't need another OJ either. The best thing to do is let it play out in the court room and go from there.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:10 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,097,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

dontcha wonder how it went on for so many years and no one knew????

anyone check into WHO may have members of NAMBLA on or near the campus????

Old 06-14-2012, 09:18 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,916,262 times
As if I could be more digusted....

but his pleading "not guilty" really makes me sick!

Old 06-15-2012, 05:07 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,082,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
As if I could be more digusted....

but his pleading "not guilty" really makes me sick!
I'm not surprised.
He has nothing to lose by it, and everything to gain. I mean if he plead guilty, he would go away for what is essentially life for him (he's what 68 or so?) So, as far as he's concerned why not take a shot and maybe get freedom?

Old 06-15-2012, 06:27 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,420,258 times
GBH, Sandusky probably views that he did nothing wrong. Hence the "love letters". He probably thinks he was "helping" these kids, exploring their sexuality, and he was their "guide".

He thinks he is a great guy, who loves being around young boys. Taking showers with them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime