Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 03:14 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,782,168 times

Advertisements

Jerry Sandusky, the man at the center of the Penn State sex abuse scandal, defended himself against sexual abuse allegations for the first time in an on-camera interview.

"These allegations are false, I didn't do those things," Sandusky told the New York Times in an extensive interview. "I'm not the monster everyone made me out to be. I didn't engage in sexual acts."

Jerry Sandusky: 'I'm Not the Monster Everyone Made Me Out to Be' - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 04:19 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,558,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Jerry Sandusky, the man at the center of the Penn State sex abuse scandal, defended himself against sexual abuse allegations for the first time in an on-camera interview.

"These allegations are false, I didn't do those things," Sandusky told the New York Times in an extensive interview. "I'm not the monster everyone made me out to be. I didn't engage in sexual acts."

Jerry Sandusky: 'I'm Not the Monster Everyone Made Me Out to Be' - Yahoo! News
Yet he took a long time to answer "no" to the question of whether he was sexually attracted to young boys or not and showered nude and alone with young boys. What grown man in his right mind thinks showering nude and alone with 10-year-old boys is normal? If he could cross that boundary, what other boundaries did he cross?

Old 12-07-2011, 11:30 PM

10,448 posts, read 12,509,144 times
This guy is so full of sh.t. They all deny it. Who does he think he's fooling?

Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,403,468 times
Hey, give ol' Jerry a break. He says he was just horsing around with the boys in the shower, and maybe touched their legs... or something. Oh, and that flap flap flap sound was just a towel being snapped.

Here is Jerry's lame interview with Bob Costas (my God, why did his lawyer think this would help his PR?):

Penn State Sex Scandal Jerry Sandusky Full Interview with Bob Costas - YouTube

Old 12-13-2011, 11:51 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,491,679 times
Why does a grown man want to shower with kids?

Because he is a didler.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-13-2011 at 12:14 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 11:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,334,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Yet he took a long time to answer "no" to the question of whether he was sexually attracted to young boys or not and showered nude and alone with young boys. What grown man in his right mind thinks showering nude and alone with 10-year-old boys is normal? If he could cross that boundary, what other boundaries did he cross?
But, being sexually attracted to young boys (or girls) isnt illegal, neither is showering with them.. Questionable, poor judgment, even sick, absolutely, but he should be judged on sexual contact, and sexual contact alone.

Its reasons like this, that we are not including showers in soccer fields we're trying to build.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:58 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,526,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
But, being sexually attracted to young boys (or girls) isnt illegal, neither is showering with them.. Questionable, poor judgment, even sick, absolutely, but he should be judged on sexual contact, and sexual contact alone.
True...and look at how the media has even abandoned any pretense of objectivity, already referring to the accusers as "victims".

Old 12-13-2011, 12:54 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,504,938 times
I will reserve judgement on this case, I just find it odd, that after so many years, so many victims come forward...but perhaps, this is not unlike the Catholic church disaster...

Old 12-13-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Its reasons like this, that we are not including showers in soccer fields we're trying to build.
Nudity outside the bounds of normal behavior can have the same effects as sexual contact on children psychologically. Think of voyeurism/exhibitionism--both of those without consent can be extremely damaging psychologically, just as much as if someone is touched or fondled inappropriately.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I will reserve judgement on this case, I just find it odd, that after so many years, so many victims come forward...but perhaps, this is not unlike the Catholic church disaster...
It often takes victims a long time to muster up the courage to come out with the truth. Also, victims are more likely to come out about the truth once they find out they weren't the only one. You'd be amazed how many friends and families will outright deny what someone tells them about having been sexually abused, so it's not uncommon at all for victims to become afraid of speaking the truth for fear of being falsely accused of lying, and even in some cases, being ostracized by friends and family for causing tension within a community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime