Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 10:18 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,499,692 times

Advertisements

I have watched the Moms on "Toddlers and Tiaras", and have not been impressed. Of course, it is a tv show, edited for maximum effect. But, for the most part, the Mom's appear to be quite controlling, perfectionists. And that is what is viewed for the public, who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

Old 01-02-2012, 10:24 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,037,614 times
I think dressing little girls like that and fussing over them is sexualizing them way too early. I wonder if little girls in pageants like that have normal lives afterward?

Then again, I was a tomboy so that kind of thing was completely alien to me.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:26 PM

7,127 posts, read 8,698,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes, they were damned stupid, but young people often are, especially boys.

They are like a pack of animals, sometimes, when they are together and trying to out dare each other.

But they did not deserve what happened to them later.
I agree but when you invite trouble in...don't be surprised when it finds you!

Old 01-05-2012, 01:47 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,736,398 times
Quote:
I think dressing little girls like that and fussing over them is sexualizing them way too early. I wonder if little girls in pageants like that have normal lives afterward?

Then again, I was a tomboy so that kind of thing was completely alien to me.
Well, it is very common in the South to do the pageant "thing." I have known some folks whose daughters loved being in pageants - but that was 20 years ago. My son was asked to participate in one pageant - dressed in a little tux - to "present" one of the contestants (kind of like debutante balls). Those kids are grown up now and they are as normal as normal can be. The little girls simply loved dressing up, having their pictures taken and getting to wear crowns. However, back then, the main focus was on hair and maybe some lip gloss, a little mascara. . . now, I understand folks use fake eyelashes, full make up, and costumes that cost thousands of dollars!

As I mentioned earlier, Patsy had enjoyed doing this herself and when she was diagnosed with cancer, she started doing the pageant thing w/ her daughter, so they could videotape the pageants and have some fun memories - in case she died early. People forget that Patsy was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer. It was really a miracle she lived as long as she did, so not surprising to me at all that she wanted to do fun momma-daughter things so her little girl would have these moments to remember later, should she be left without a mom.

Just kind of ironic how it all turned out, cause I have wondered many times if some pervert got focused on JonBenet as a result of those pageants.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:20 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,499,692 times
Quote:
Just kind of ironic how it all turned out, cause I have wondered many times if some pervert got focused on JonBenet as a result of those pageants.
I wonder about that too, really, the safety of those pagent princesses...all dolled up. There are even pictures on the internet of those girls. Seems creepy to me. And it seems like information, like addresses, is pretty easy to get, for someone if they wanted to...I always wondered if it was someone who knew the family, knew the household, and was obsessed with Jon Benet...

Old 01-06-2012, 05:11 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,125,096 times
The pageants may have had something to do with what happened to JonBenet.....but I kind of doubt it.

Sadly, thousands of little girls are molested every day, little girls that have never had an ounce of makeup on their face, let alone been in a pageant.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:35 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,261,868 times
There is no doubt Patsy Ramsey was unhinged and a few fries short of a happy meal.

And yes, she wrote the ransom note.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:53 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,037,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
There is no doubt Patsy Ramsey was unhinged and a few fries short of a happy meal.

And yes, she wrote the ransom note.
Documentation, please?

Old 01-31-2012, 11:25 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,261,868 times
Quote:
Documentation, please?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...FojHsgaD7enJAQ

Old 01-31-2012, 11:37 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,575,425 times
Quote:
Documentation, please?
posted up-thread

hers was the only handwriting that could NEVER be withdrawn from consideration

the spacing between letters -- exact

the indentation for the greeting -- exact

the paragraph indentations -- exact

the indentation for the salutation -- exact

it's eerie how much it matches to other samples of her handwriting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime