Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2013, 05:45 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,922 times

Advertisements

I think someone close to the family had said John Ramsey was skilled at knot tying...not sure where I read this but I remember...so that could explain the rope...I think by now if there had been a sex ring someone would have come forward with some info...whether some pervert involved got pulled in on another charge and gave the Ramsey's up or someone would have told another and that person would come forward...it would be too hard of a secret to keep...

Old 09-25-2013, 08:11 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,857 times
I think one of them did it and I lean toward him involved as a molester, hence the bed wetting which many incest victims experience.

Then I think PR discovered him in the act which resulted in her death, and PR then set about to help JR cover this up by concocting this bizarre story of a kidnapping.

The fatal act was heinous and involved erotic strangulation so they had to make it look like someone had taken her off and strangled her, otherwise there would have been no explaining the nature of her injuries which resulted in her death.

JR had tied the knot in JB's bedroom and so they carried her to the basement and staged that scene. But she died in her bed. Either she urinated upon loss of bladder control due to death or it was just a bed wetting that was typical.

I think JR was a sexual sadist/pedophile and was discovered b PR and that was why she was so angry. The betrayal, the threat of losing her facade of a life, the wealth, her standing.

Otherwise, how do you explain staging a ''kidnapping'' where the child is still in the house? They could have easily carried her body off in the woods somewhere to carry out the kidnapping scenario.

I believe I remember reading that JR went directly to the little room to find her body when the police intervened on the scene. How bizarre is that?
If a child is kidnapped, would you go to your basement to look for her? No. You'd head out the door...

Old 09-25-2013, 10:23 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,355,088 times
What is interesting about this case, is how many people support the parents as being innocent victims, and describe the evidence that supports this theory.
JonBenet Ramsey Murder, an investigative analysis — Exposure — Crime Library on truTV.com

The story above really portrays the Ramsey's as being persecuted from the beginning, basically targets of the investigation, with no other leads being pursued...

Whereas this article, lays out the entire crime, and names Patsy as the killer.
JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case: The Denver Post

People are in one camp or the other...no middle ground. Completely polarizing.
There are over a dozen books written about this crime, with various theories.

I wonder what causes some people to vehemently support the Ramsey's and others to speculate what role they played in their daughter's death...

Old 09-25-2013, 10:25 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,112 times
I believe the police asked him to check the house one more time. Terrible idea in my opinion, a police officer should have searched the house.

I've never thought the 'sex ring' theory had any merit. Too easy to throw it out there yet no evidence at all of any outside involvement. James Kolar's book, Foreign Faction, did a real dance around the subject of the brother being somehow involved. Kolar pointed out a number of things that were not quite right with him.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:19 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,857 times
What info is out there about efforts, if any, on the part of the parents to find the ''real'' killer if they didn't do it?

Old 09-26-2013, 03:23 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
What is interesting about this case, is how many people support the parents as being innocent victims, and describe the evidence that supports this theory.
JonBenet Ramsey Murder, an investigative analysis — Exposure — Crime Library on truTV.com

The story above really portrays the Ramsey's as being persecuted from the beginning, basically targets of the investigation, with no other leads being pursued...

Whereas this article, lays out the entire crime, and names Patsy as the killer.
JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case: The Denver Post

People are in one camp or the other...no middle ground. Completely polarizing.
There are over a dozen books written about this crime, with various theories.

I wonder what causes some people to vehemently support the Ramsey's and others to speculate what role they played in their daughter's death...
I think a lot of people have trouble believing that wealthy, respectable looking people like the Ramseys could do any wrong. If they were poor and less well presented people would be more willing to believe the worst. Very judgmental really.

This is a really bizarre case. The more likely scenario to me is that Patsy killed JonBenet in a fit of fury by accident. Then I find it hard to grasp that if someone accidentally killed their child they would do the things that were done to JonBenet to cover up. The problems with JonBenet's vaginal infections and evidence of abuse could have possibly been caused by Patsy been rough with cleaning her.

I really don't know what to think. The ransom note was so obviously written by someone in the home and not some random person. Why write a ransom note if the victim is already dead and the body in the house? That is obviously a cover up.

Some people have such a lot of knowledge about this case. I don't think the touch dna really clears the parents and don't know why they were cleared because of it.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:40 AM

That is something that I found odd as well, if by accident, a child hits their head on the tub, the natural inclination, is to call an ambulance. Not plan out a bizarre kidnapping scenario and stage your dead child in a gruesome bondage/sex scene. Who can even begin to wrap their head around that?

But, in a twisted, narcissistic mind, where any problems are really the fault of someone else, and self preservation is always the number one thought....think about Jeffery McDonald, who killed his wife and daughter in a fit of rage, and to cover it up, concocted a story about hippies killing his family, in his mind, to cover it all up, he also killed the baby. Why not let the baby live? Because once they start a course of action to cover it up, a sociopath narcissistic person is convinced that this is the only way out...I have no doubt that is similar to what occurred in this home.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:59 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,650,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
I think a lot of people have trouble believing that wealthy, respectable looking people like the Ramseys could do any wrong. If they were poor and less well presented people would be more willing to believe the worst. Very judgmental really.

This is a really bizarre case. The more likely scenario to me is that Patsy killed JonBenet in a fit of fury by accident. Then I find it hard to grasp that if someone accidentally killed their child they would do the things that were done to JonBenet to cover up. The problems with JonBenet's vaginal infections and evidence of abuse could have possibly been caused by Patsy been rough with cleaning her.

I really don't know what to think. The ransom note was so obviously written by someone in the home and not some random person. Why write a ransom note if the victim is already dead and the body in the house? That is obviously a cover up.

Some people have such a lot of knowledge about this case. I don't think the touch dna really clears the parents and don't know why they were cleared because of it.
I agree, hard to grasp the cover up actions, seems so twisted. But, the note and elaborate staging--to me it meant that they had been abusing her right along and this was "just one more thing" in their twisted minds/psychology. It says to me in order to do this last thing (murder), they had to have been going down the path of abuse right along till it cumulated that day.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:06 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,650,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
What info is out there about efforts, if any, on the part of the parents to find the ''real'' killer if they didn't do it?

Ya, really! I remember when Carr came forward, the father was interviewed.I watched his expressions, same flat affect and a kind of, "Well, we'll see, let the system take its' course." His affect was as flat as a Sunday morning pancake, very, very off. After all of the years, wouldn't you be expressing some emotion about the killer in custody of your daughter, the one who finally was caught, the one who would surely exonerate finally you and your wife, that would put the thing to rest??! No, just a flat affect and a "We'll let the system take its' course, we'll see" type of thing... He knew dam* well the killer had not been caught.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:33 AM

What it looks like to me, is treating the child as an object, rather than a person. Only someone very cold, and calculating could do that...and the past time of pageants fits right in that line of thinking..."this is a doll, that reflects on me..". Which also explains the rage at a simple bed wetting problem, because a "perfect doll" does not wet the bed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime