Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 05:23 PM

2,004 posts, read 6,857,755 times

Advertisements

In 1989 to 1990 in California I lived in one town and worked in another. The abosulte best time I had was when I got to get behind this gal that would change her clothes going home. She would change them, put on makeup and smile and wave in the 24 miles between towns. Then she would get on I-5 and head out towards San Diego, I never could get her to stop. Ha,ha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 05:36 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,893,410 times
Okay, another one. We were in Venezuela at Canaima--the place you fly into when you want to see Angel Falls. They take you up in small planes and we were in a 6 seater coming back from the falls and the pilots started looking really concerned. They began this rapid fire conversation in spanish and were looking intently at the ground. Finally they found a small landing strip in the jungle and made a quick landing and then they got out and started banging on the hood of the plane. Then they took off again and took us back to base camp, but the plane died about halfway down the runway. I've always wondered it that's the closest I ever came to death.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:13 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,609,401 times
On a winters night in Wyoming, the temperature was below zero and fog was really, really thick. Surprisingly, ice collected on everything BUT the road surface!

Anyhow, I exited I-80 at Laramie and, when I made a left to go over the freeway to a truck stop, I saw some dude wearing a backpack walking on the overpass guardrail. It was coated in ice and the traffic was whizzing along below him, but he didn't seem to care. I have no idea what he was thinking (if anything) and can't say if he made it all the way across.

Another: There used to be an old truck stop just out of Miami on US-27. It had an outdoor restaurant, of sorts. I got a plate of breakfast and sat down at one of the tables. There were chickens running loose all over the place and, while I was having my scrambled eggs, a couple of them started....well....making love on my feet!

Old 02-12-2010, 09:18 PM

6,350 posts, read 21,598,832 times
As a trucker, I, too, have the usual "seen in passing cars" stories. But here's a twist on the "Showing her hooters" story:

I was southbound on I-75 in SW Ohio. There's a large statue of Jesus in front of a church in Monroe, OH (Solid Rock Church) Anyway, it's about 12:30 in the morning. Car pulls up next to me. Dad, driving, turns on the dome light. Mom, in the passenger seat, was topless. Two kids, in the back, were laughing their litttle butts off. I guess the family that displays together, stays together...

Stationed in South Korea, I was riding the bus from my base to Seoul. We passed the scene of a bad crash. A fully loaded passenger bus was sitting on top of a small sedan. All of the passengers on the bus were still seated and all of them had this "can we get going now?" look on their faces.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:34 PM

4,398 posts, read 4,278,024 times
A naked homeless guy washing his clothes in the ladies' room sink at Central Park Zoo. My mother helped these two little old ladies out of the stalls and called the police. The poor man came out dripping wet in handcuffs. He looked a little like Charles Manson, but more confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel