Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 09:22 AM

970 posts, read 2,969,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansmith View Post
What part of Toledo? I find that the amount of vandalism and blight hasn't really changed... It appears to me that it is only moving to different places.
The area west of 75, and south of the river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 06:04 PM

7 posts, read 17,016 times
Really guy? You're right, however they don't provide the type that is necessary to resurrect a community.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:12 PM

7 posts, read 17,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoBoi4Life View Post
how can u say toledo aint that bad? apparently u dont live were i live i hate when people say "its not that bad" for its size it is very bad its not the size of detroit but if it were u would see just as much crime. most people that say that stick to suburbs and highways i live in the south end/south central between south ave. The A.W. trail, and broadway and we deff. dont say that kind of stuff and its not a place u want to move to or be on the regular ive seen murders, hookers, drive by's, arsons, drug deals/gangfights regularly, and many other crimes and ur gona tell me its not soo bad then spend a weekend in my area see if it changes ur mind
You are telling nothing but the truth, however, I live right down the way from you off S. Detroit and Airport and it aint all that bro. You get over by Cherry St and all that and you start seeing that stuff regularly. We may have some hookers, dopers and some violence but all the real dirt is done over on the East and North side. You know it's true. What park are you referring to where they're pulling bodies? That is news to me....I live close to Swan Creek park and there aint nothing but garbage being pulled outta there, however I'm over seas fighting for our country so I may be out of touch a little bit but when I was home in May I didn't hear anything of the sort.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:33 PM

374 posts, read 1,124,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.o.s View Post
Toledo, Ohio now in 2010 has a crime rate higher than Miami, Florida. With over 200+ Street Gangs. The city is in so much turmoil that if you live in these neighborhoods you could really give a **** less about what happens downtown. Throughout the 80's and Early-Mid 90's The Murder Rate Sky-Rocketed due to Crack-Cocaine and Gang Violence. Then died down for awhile, but now is starting to Really Pick Up!
I dont doubt you, but I would wanna see those numbers. If Toledo does have a higher crime rate than Miami it would be because of its high burglary rate, which rivals the old auto-theft rates we had in the 90s and the number of arsons. Miami will always be one of the most dangerous cities in the country, simply because of its location, tourism, and neighborhoods like Overtown, Opa Locka, Liberty City, etc, which Toledo has no neighborhoods even close to being as dangerous as those.

I grew up on Dorr and Parkside and seen alot of BS throughout the years living there, but parts of Miami look like a third world country.... If there are any parts of Toledo that come close it would be Lagrange Village and ONYX, but Toledo is not a city of neighborhoods like other places so you rarely hear someone say they live in the ONYX neighborhood or Lagrange Village or East Toledo (The neighborhood, not the side of town)... Thats probably why crime is more spread out here versus in the 80s and 90s when most of all the crime was mainly in the inner city.... I actually see people out Reynolds Corner with block watch signs in their yards now versus a few years ago.....

Old 07-16-2010, 10:49 AM

227 posts, read 626,523 times
I guess it is up to everyone to interpret the statistics for them selves... There are very few places in Toledo I wouldn't feel safe... (especially after living in other cities.)

Old 07-17-2010, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,514 times
I am moving to Toledo from a small town in Southern IL in 2 weeks. I spent 2 days there exploring the city. The neighborhoods seem to vary from block to block. One block will be nice well maintained yards and the next block a total mess. I did look (ie drove quickly by) at a house on Hillwood off of Cherry that seemed pretty bad.

Does anyone know anything about the 1100 block of Marmion off of Dorr?

Old 07-18-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippRapp View Post
I am moving to Toledo from a small town in Southern IL in 2 weeks. I spent 2 days there exploring the city. The neighborhoods seem to vary from block to block. One block will be nice well maintained yards and the next block a total mess. I did look (ie drove quickly by) at a house on Hillwood off of Cherry that seemed pretty bad.

Does anyone know anything about the 1100 block of Marmion off of Dorr?
1100 block of Marmion, yeah I grew up down the street. Theres a reason why I dont live there anymore. Keep searching, trust me.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:46 PM

151 posts, read 414,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastonestanding View Post
I dont doubt you, but I would wanna see those numbers. If Toledo does have a higher crime rate than Miami it would be because of its high burglary rate, which rivals the old auto-theft rates we had in the 90s and the number of arsons. Miami will always be one of the most dangerous cities in the country, simply because of its location, tourism, and neighborhoods like Overtown, Opa Locka, Liberty City, etc, which Toledo has no neighborhoods even close to being as dangerous as those.

I grew up on Dorr and Parkside and seen alot of BS throughout the years living there, but parts of Miami look like a third world country.... If there are any parts of Toledo that come close it would be Lagrange Village and ONYX, but Toledo is not a city of neighborhoods like other places so you rarely hear someone say they live in the ONYX neighborhood or Lagrange Village or East Toledo (The neighborhood, not the side of town)... Thats probably why crime is more spread out here versus in the 80s and 90s when most of all the crime was mainly in the inner city.... I actually see people out Reynolds Corner with block watch signs in their yards now versus a few years ago.....
Not to hijack the thread, but where is the "East Toledo" neighborhood? I've heard a couple of neighborhood names thrown around on the east side (Birmingham/"Hunkietown" near Packo's, Ironwood off of Woodville near Sun Oil) but I've never heard "East Toledo" used separately as a name for a neighborhood, rather than the side of town across the Maumee from downtown.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeTheRustBelt View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but where is the "East Toledo" neighborhood? I've heard a couple of neighborhood names thrown around on the east side (Birmingham/"Hunkietown" near Packo's, Ironwood off of Woodville near Sun Oil) but I've never heard "East Toledo" used separately as a name for a neighborhood, rather than the side of town across the Maumee from downtown.
Technically, everything south of I-280 where alot of those arsons are taking place. Similar to the neighborhoods of Westmoreland, Indian Hills, Old Orchard, Bancroft Hills and BUMA, which are technically grouped together as the neighborhood of Ottawa. Its actually kind of interesting because I myself never known this and thats the area where I grew up.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:41 PM

33 posts, read 197,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeTheRustBelt View Post
Birmingham has its own identity in the East Side (there are signs and such), but pretty much everything else is typically called East Toledo by people on the other side of the river (not sure if East Siders use their own neighborhood names).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo