Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 05:13 PM

286 posts, read 406,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
I did not know NYer and people from LA. h came from mayberry ?? since that is who I said I have seen make comments about Houston skyline... once again now one said ohh Houston rivials those city rather.. tpeople are suprised at how big it is.. it your hyper sentive self who seems to be tied into a not about what other people out side of Houston have said...
And you think that is exclusive to Houston. Were are all these people you speak of that are in awe of Houston's majestic skyline?

Old 12-13-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
...and yet density numbers for both cities are almost identical.

Dude, you act like Dallas is this urban mecca, its not. Sorry to burst your inflated Dallas ego.

I'll tell you what, get a couple of supertalls, 7 more 700 footers, & about 20 more 400 footers, then you can play with the big boys...Houston, Chicago, LA, & NYC.

Until then, Atlanta & Seattle are your competition, not Houston.
You are a sad soul. It's a shame that little ole Dallas is on par with that huge megalopolis known as Houston. If Houston is so tall why not start a Houston vs Chicago thread? Why a Houston vs Dallas? You guys are a sad bunch. Houston has a couple of taller building than Dallas. That's it. And for Houston to be twice the size of Dallas, don't you think those numbers are pathetic? Dallas is holding it's own to be half the size of Houston.

Last edited by curtbr72; 12-13-2013 at 05:25 PM..

Old 12-13-2013, 05:20 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
so.....why is this thread so long again?
Exactly. No need for bickering when you know your right. I mean come on we're what the 3rd or 4th biggest city in Texas now and Houston is worried about lil old Dallas with it's wee uptown that's denser than anything in Houston.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
Exactly. No need for bickering when you know your right. I mean come on we're what the 3rd or 4th biggest city in Texas now and Houston is worried about lil old Dallas with it's wee uptown that's denser than anything in Houston.
Yeah I don't get it either. They keep saying they are taller as if anyone disputes that. Why compete with lil ole Dallas. Start a Chicago vs Houston thread since they are more comparable to each other.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:26 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtbr72 View Post
And you think that is exclusive to Houston. Were are all these people you speak of that are in awe of Houston's majestic skyline?
Yes I will track them down , tell them to create account all so they can address you..

Old 12-13-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Yes I will track them down , tell them to create account all so they can address you..
So we are suppose to believe that you know all these people from Chicago and NYC?

Old 12-13-2013, 05:33 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtbr72 View Post
You are a sad soul. It's a shame that little ole Dallas is on par with that huge megalopolis known as Houston. If Houston is so tall why not start a Houston vs Chicago thread? Why a Houston vs Dallas? You guys are a sad bunch. Houston has a couple of taller building than Dallas. That's it. And for Houston to be twice the size of Dallas, don't you think those numbers are pathetic? Dallas is holding it's own to be half the size of Houston.
A couple of taller buildings? Hilarious.

Houston has suburbs 30 miles out with taller buildings than Uptown Dallas.

It just kills you Dallasites knowing that Downtown Houston alone is larger than Downtown + Uptown Dallas combined doesn't it?

Last edited by Metro Matt; 12-13-2013 at 05:45 PM..

Old 12-13-2013, 05:36 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,281 times
This is the reason why we need bridges. Your not going to let your economy come to a halt when it rains and floods. Why not add some nice aesthetics while your replacing your bridge with your own money.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I did not know NYer and people from LA. h came from mayberry ?? since that is who I said I have seen make comments about Houston skyline... once again now one said ohh Houston rivials those city rather.. tpeople are suprised at how big it is.. it your hyper sentive self who seems to be tied into a not about what other people out side of Houston have said...
Let's analize what you said:

1: Yes we are awe struck.. at how small it feels compared to Houston......I have heard people from NYC and Chicargo talk about the size of Houston... I have never seen anyone use those words when talikng about Dallas.. that is not to say that they did not have nice things to say.. but when asked which one size left you awe struck,

In fact I remeber when I first brought my ex wife from Hampton Va to Texas .. She was shopping for schools and we spent a couple of days in Dallas she was impressed.. this is from a woman who has lived in NYC, ATL, and miami.... then we went drove to Houston.. 2.you know what she said""ohhhhh wow its like a mini new york..(remember now this is from a woman who at one point had actually lived in NYC.. we had not even cross over the highway where you can see the medical center and uptown yet(when we crossed that section she said wait how far does your downtown go !!!. I had to explain to her those where their own area seprate from downtown...

1: So you speak to Chicagoans and New Yorkers that sit down and compare Dallas and Houston's skyline?
2. You don't think anyone has ever come to Dallas and said that Dallas reminds them of Manhattan? The difference between Dallas and Houston posters is that I don't see Dallas bringing silly things like that into the discussion. You brought that up as to say Houston is like New York so Dallas can't compare.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
A couple of taller buildings? Hilarious.

Houston has suburbs with taller buildings than Uptown Dallas.
Yes a few more taller buildings. Again if Houston is so tall why not a Houston vs Chicago thread. Houston is twice the size of Dallas and only has a few more taller buildings. That pretty sad. Don't you think Houston should be blowing Dallas out of the water. Now how many more tall buildings does Chicago have over Houston since that's your peer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas